electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
master modular control
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic

would you like this feature?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

kcinsu

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: master modular control
Subject description: over different modulars
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd be super awesome, if you could control other modulars (like an engine) using your g2 controls.

I have a g2 keyboard, and a g2 engine... itd be great if I could switch the modulars display to show patches from the engine. It probably wouldnt be that hard to do either... since both modulars are going into the editor, the editor could route the data between them... there might be some minor latency, but I could certainly live with that!
Chrono

Audio files: 37
G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would buy an Engine version sooner that way yes. If the engine just adds up cycles and memory or doubles the slots.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: master modular control

kcinsu wrote:
It'd be super awesome, if you could control other modulars (like an engine) using your g2 controls.

I have a g2 keyboard, and a g2 engine... itd be great if I could switch the modulars display to show patches from the engine. It probably wouldnt be that hard to do either... since both modulars are going into the editor, the editor could route the data between them... there might be some minor latency, but I could certainly live with that!

Could you not "effectively" do this with a simple (inexpensive) USB switch?

You would probably have to restart the editor for this though, if it doesn't automatically acknowledge the change in the USB devices when the USB bus gets re-enumerated.

It's not as elegant as how the NM1 editor supports 4 NM1's, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It's definitely not a good solution for live use though- because of the lag in updating the editor

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: master modular control

cappy2112 wrote:
It's not as elegant as how the NM1 editor supports 4 NM1's, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

You can just connect four G2s ... well I tried two and that just works, no need for anything special there.

But the wish refers to the G2 engine being usable as an extender for the key versions ... when I got it right Wink

cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: master modular control

Blue Hell wrote:

But the wish refers to the G2 engine being usable as an extender for the key versions ... when I got it right Wink

Quote:

itd be great if I could switch the modulars display to show patches from the engine.

I see- I took this as having the Editor display the patches from the G2, not another G2. Evil or Very Mad

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the way I see it (and I let Clavia know this years ago as I of course noticed as soon as I had 2 G2 panels in front of me), is to use one G2 panel to control another. You hit Patch button and the panel is the panel of one g2, using navigation you can select another g2 slot, and you see it in your original g2 panel.

thus you could use 2 G2 panels to sequence all 16 steps of a G2 sequencer running in one of them. That would be nice

Or to use 4 buttons by 4 buttons to have access to 144 pages of knobs (making long 32 step sequence easily page-able), and offering 24 more knob assignments using a button label. Wink

Enough. I am happy with the way it is too. I have other sequencers Wink
/Dasz
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: