electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
clone of Latronic Notron in pacth form?
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
intellijel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: clone of Latronic Notron in pacth form? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone here had come across a sequencer patch made in the nord modular g1 or g2 that was essentially a clone of the Latronic Notron?

thanks!

intellijel
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: clone of Latronic Notron in pacth form? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

intellijel wrote:
Latronic Notron?

arrow http://www.technomage.freeserve.co.uk/notron.htm

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
k.e.p.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not aware of a G2 Patch a la Notron, but you might check out the Nortron from dspaudio.com!!
http://www.dspaudio.com/software/nortron/nortron_overview.html

best
Lars
monobass

G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k.e.p. wrote:
I'm not aware of a G2 Patch a la Notron, but you might check out the Nortron from dspaudio.com!!

Ooh.. is that new?

k.e.p.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep! I just started to use their iCE Max/Msp Externals. Very nice stuff, like the Nortron, too.
monobass

G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah man they look very interesting too! Cheers for the link Smile
intellijel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Notron from DSPAudio looked really interesting but it is for OSx only.

I am doing research into the functionality and interface (and looking at other interesting sequencers) so I can build my own software/hardware hybrid.

cheers,
Danjel
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KEP, thanks for that link. That looks really nice. I love the real Notron, but it looks pretty fragile. A software version makes a lot of sense. Please let us know when they come out with a Windows version.

intellijel, welcome and please keep us up to date on your progress.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
atari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: clone of Latronic Notron in pacth form?
Subject description: Download Nortron 1.2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it is

http://www.dspaudio.com/software/nortron/nortron_download.php
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will be selling my Notron in the near future, and it's my intent to make a patch for the G2 that replaces it. (At least the essential functions for me, not a complete emulation).
Daphne

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also i wanna try to create a G2 Notron Patch, based on the dspa audio notron funtionalities since i never had a real notron. i fear as long as my G2 doesn´t arrive i can´t get any further with.

please send me a PM as soon as you wann sell your notron, i might be interested.

Thanks, D*
sneakthief

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sell your notron? blasphemy!

what features are you trying to clone with your g2 patch? will you have some kind of button box with it?

if not, i don't understand what the point would be.

to me, the whole point of the notron is the ergonomics of the interface. it's not as fragile as one might imagine, although i don't tour with mine anymore.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

ps. the nortron software doesn't have midi delay - boooooo. that's one of my favourite things about it.

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Notron has been sold. I got a lot more for it than I paid for my G2X, so I think it was a good tradeoff.
Really there are only certain functions of the sequencer that I want to replicate. I like the way the wheels can be used to "play" a sequence by controlling transpose while staying in a user defined key. I can do that with knobs on the G2. I certainly have no desire to mimic other aspects of the user interface, which was way too esoteric for me. If I didn't play it for a couple of months, I had to dig the manual out just to do some basic things.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A really good step sequence patch might best be a stand-alone one, not a building block to include in another patch. I'm thinking that the patch would be in a single slot and send out MIDI notes and CCs. It will take careful work to make a good user interface with the G2 buttons.

Presets could be very useful in playing the beast.

4 slots of sequencers to drive external synths might be more than one person could handle... Laughing

Just my 2 cents.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not if those sequencers are controlled/selected by other sequencers (running a step or slower per every 16 steps played) or modulation means / controls Smile

I have a dedicated slot to controlling all other sequences. in my old set it controlled the transposition (either manual, sequenced, or off), and in my new set being worked on it is controlling my rs7000 patterns and the other gear (transposes & cuelists for every variation -- each variation in this slot is a track within a track).
/Dasz
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured it wouldn't be too long before Dasz chimed in to this topic. I think these things are very personal when you get heavily into sequencers.
dasz

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
/Dasz
cappy2112

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k.e.p. wrote:

best
Lars

There are demos of a G2 being driven by the Notron vst here
http://www.dspaudio.com/hardware/nord/nord.php

dualphin

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hardware, not a patch, but I've always liked the look of the Signal Arts MAPS.

http://www.signalarts.ca/

d

Heaven is not attained, it is built -
ehdyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just want to add that ICE from DSP audio is now free.

Here's a nice Reaktor Notron.
http://www.native-instruments.com/forums.html?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=1842
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
A really good step sequence patch might best be a stand-alone one, not a building block to include in another patch. I'm thinking that the patch would be in a single slot and send out MIDI notes and CCs. It will take careful work to make a good user interface with the G2 buttons.

Presets could be very useful in playing the beast.

4 slots of sequencers to drive external synths might be more than one person could handle... Laughing

Just my 2 cents.

I have re-read this post, and it has planted a seed in my mind, slot a in my mind only for now (the others will be clones of it of course). I think this is something I need to do for my new set too, so I can re-tweak the sequence live.

Hmm.. I will post my result here if it is promising.
/Dasz
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ehdyn wrote:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forums.html?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=1842

I was quite excited by this but it looks like it is $200.

Andy
ehdyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
ehdyn wrote:

I was quite excited by this but it looks like it is $200.

Andy

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. It didn't notify me that anyone had replied.

Here is the thread on C74 from Peter:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/forums.html?t=msg&goto=133219&rid=0&srch=ice#msg_133219

Notron from DSP audio created with ICE:
http://www.dspaudio.com/software/nortron/nortron_overview.php
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: