electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
I love Analog
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
modular

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 72

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: I love Analog Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, with the opportunity to combi patches in Performance I think NordModular is second to none. Tell me about Virus,SuperNova,or others Virtual Analogs Synthesizers but I think The huge Modular possibilities of the NM1/G2 opens an Infinite space of possibilities to develop any kind of sound, Analog too of Course, like in this Performance where I've combined two my patches.

Well I love Analog, I love my G2, thanks Clavia! Very Happy

I love Analog.prf2
 Description:
Combi of two patches with punchy analog feel

Download
 Filename:  I love Analog.prf2
 Filesize:  12.55 KB
 Downloaded:  1704 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice sounding performance.

Where can we hear some music you make with all these patches?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
modular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Very nice sounding performance.

Where can we hear some music you make with all these patches?

Oh,nice you ask me for that.

Well, i'm new to use this machine in my music until today.

This is not right at all however, usually I play Samplers and ROMpler in my live Setup when I'm engaged as Rock/Pop Keyboardist.But i've programmed Analog or Virtual Analog in the past .

The Question about my music...

Well I'm oriented (I repeat, until today, because NordModular and of course also VSTinstruments like Reaktor,Atmosphere,Albino and so on.. before, are changing my mental approach to the composition) on Classic Acoustic Sounds moreover and my musical productions are mainly oriented in Piano solo or Piano and Strings Orchestra. Also I'm close to a Quite light use of Synthesizers in my music like Lyle Mays in Pat Metheny Group Projects.

But the discovery of these treasure of sounds possibilities who NordModular can offer are stimulating me in new musical wave,so now are fully envolved in understanding this machine and I'm spending all my time free when I don't play for job in programming patches and learning everithing on my G2 in meantime this work will produce soon new compositions where I'll want to attemp, electronic music , basically and Progressive Rock (I quote "Porcupine Tree" for Example) i like as Richard Barbieri use synthsizers indeed.

Are you Musician too?

What music do you prefer?

cheers

Wink
modular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm.. I apologize for my bad english, i'm not habit to disquise arguments so complex beyond technical discussions.Really I've learn english on Internet and on Instructions Manuals basically.

regret Embarassed
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your english is very good...you have communicated complex ideas very well.i enjoyed reading about your musical work and goals
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by the way.. where are you from...what language do you speak ?
modular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

paul wrote:
by the way.. where are you from...what language do you speak ?

I'm Italian. I live in Rome where I was born.

Someone other Italian in this Forum?

I went in Stockholm two weeks ago. Nice City and nicest are the islands around. I've visited Vaxholm and Grinda, very suitable place to pass summer days.I'm looking for Clavia DMI and for Musical shops who had G2 expansion board and I found one but the cost was more expensive than I've expected, estimating price in Euro would be around 375 €, but this is still unavailable in Italy
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm a musician too. You can hear a few of my pieces if you check out my Artist's Forum here: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

At one time in the distant past (mid through late 1960s)I was in a rock band but got interested in electronic music and stopped the 4/4 time and 4 chord stuff.

I'm retired from a career as an electronics engineer and devoting myself full time to music. Running this web site is part of that. It's been very rewarding even though it takes much more time than I ever imagined it would. People are starting to volunteer to help and I think overtime it will be more and more a community project.

Your English is excellent. I watch Fellini movies whenever I can but still can't speak Italian. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:
Someone other Italian in this Forum?

Our omnipotent links editor ( OLE ) is Seraph ( carlo ). And he is italian...

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
modular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Yes, I'm a musician too. You can hear a few of my pieces if you check out my Artist's Forum here: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

I've heard your music. Oh..that's beyond my immagination,very nice. thumb up
The first things who came in my mind when I was listening yours mp3s
is that you've a very focused idea about your final goal in your music compositions.Besides what it could seems(and is easy to fault in wrong valuations about no-concrete music like electronic music) there no random approach but cognitive and conscious instead (am I supposing right ? )

Quote:

At one time in the distant past (mid through late 1960s)I was in a rock band but got interested in electronic music and stopped the 4/4 time and 4 chord stuff.

Rather.
I can understand that very well

Quote:
I'm retired from a career as an electronics engineer and devoting myself full time to music. Running this web site is part of that. It's been very rewarding even though it takes much more time than I ever imagined it would. People are starting to volunteer to help and I think overtime it will be more and more a community project.

You've done a right thing Howard! and You're givin' to us a precious
service and constant support for ours electronic machines and music ideas in general.
I appreciated this too much and please,beyond my poor english, if you need help , feel frely to ask me and consider like a next volunteer in your community.

Quote:
Your English is excellent. I watch Fellini movies whenever I can but still can't speak Italian. Wink

Jeez.. Fellini's movies are hard to understand also for the italian people,
maybe is not the fastest way to learn spoke italian Wink
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the warm and supportive comments about my music. I appreciate it very much. My approach to composition is not random, but it is very spontaneous. I like to build patches that hang on the edge of stability and play them in real-time, exploring where the want to go as the start to blow up. I think of my music composing as similar to the that of an abstract expressionist painter, maybe like Jackson Pollock.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Jump to: