electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Classic
Jupiter Rehearsal
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
modular

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 72

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Jupiter Rehearsal Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still another "analog" patch.

I'm starting the question, just right few minutes after I've bought my Red machine, about build warm Pads...
Well, Now I'm sure I can squeeze my g2 till enough to make the phat,sweep,warm,deep anolg sounds I need.

Now is time to pass away.

Practice in Noodle,FX,Drums sound and other strange things who my G2 can give up.

study
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Jupiter Rehearsal Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:

Practice in Noodle

Yes self playing patches please, I have no keyboard !

Jan.
modular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Jupiters rehersal Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry,Here the patch, the site is run out before I was adding attachment and was inavailable for a while.

Jupiter.pch2
 Description:
Another Fat patch jupiter stile like

Download
 Filename:  Jupiter.pch2
 Filesize:  2.04 KB
 Downloaded:  2337 Time(s)

Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular,

why do you always patch a keyboard gate signal into the envelope gate inputs? it's just an unnecessary waste of mem% and cycle%. All envs have the keyboard gate hardwired to them -represented by the "KB" switch. When it is turned on, the envs are gated by the keyboard. No need for this.

And I don't understand why you feed the reset input of the LFO with the note value. It makes the LFO reset when jumping from notes below E4 to notes above E4 -what musical purpose does that serve?

I don't want to sound harsh or mean, but maybe you should invest some more time in studying the G2 and modular synthesis before postîng patches.

I only post when I think I have something really original and worthwile. That's why I almost never post clown ....
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tim, I think you have a good point about not using the keyboard module unless you really have to. It seems to save about 4% of the memory on this patch if you take it out.

Quote:
I don't want to sound harsh or mean, but

It's good to make suggestions when you see ways someone's patches might be improved, but I don't see why modular should stop posting patches though, or be more inhibited about it. I for one enjoy seeing and playing his patches and they are certainly worthwhile. I find his enthusiasm very uplifting and inspiring. He approaches the G2 in a way totally different than I, and I enjoy that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Mosc. The patches still work, it's not like he's posting patches that you can't even play, and there are more often than not some great sounds in Modular's patches. It's not like a 4k patch eats up alot of server time/space. Many of us (myself included) are still learning, and I think this forum provides a great place to post patches and receive feedback from more experienced patchers. Without Modular posting this patch and receiving this feedback from you, he wouldn't gain from the knowledge you just gave him.
modular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shoshin,

These Patches are results of conversion from existing original NM1 patches in to new G2 patches.

Well, I don't have NM1, so I don't know how these patches sound originally in those.If i see a yellow connection of gate signal from key gate to envelopes inputs, then I simply copy it in my G2 editor as everything the rest,first I reply every connection from NM1 editor to G2 Editor, then at last I hear the final result and I pass to develop variation how I like me.

So I don't know why in NM1 patches who I've exhaminated Key gate signal is always connected into input envelopes and LFO is reset in input with the note value. I've simply copied everything at all, looking to make as similar as possible.

I think the final results is enjoyable enough, and likeable. Maybe not new and ever interesting at all, but I think is worthy to be posted anyway.

However if you have been so clever to notice this bugs you might be clever the same to disconnect the wrong connection such to save DSP resources.

Well also you've been quite severe in your judgement, I'll make treasure of your hints, but I will not stop to post others patches notwithstanding, and I think you should have to do the same.Only this way I guess,I can receive hints and tips.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:

So I don't know why in NM1 patches who I've exhaminated Key gate signal is always connected into input envelopes and LFO is reset in input with the note value. I've simply copied everything at all, looking to make as similar as possible.

For the NM Classic this has to be done because the envelopes do not have an internal (automatic) gate coupling. So when you want this can be changed when you translate such patches for the G2.

Quote:
Well also you've been quite severe in your judgement, I'll make treasure of your hints, but I will not stop to post others patches notwithstanding, and I think you should have to do the same.Only this way I guess,I can receive hints and tips.

I think Tim has other standards for himself, but indeed there is no need to impose those on others.

Jan.
modular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now everything is a bit more clear.

Thanks Jan. Wink

I am surprised about the quality of NM1 patches,they are right good and perfect also if uses few DSP resources,and this has to signify that first NordModular was already a perfect machine when is come into our view.

There are a few modules in NM1 Editor who I doesn't found in G2, like
the SMOOTH in Control Modifier Group ,InverLevel Shift in Audio Modifier and the GAIN CONTROL in Mixer Group.

Maybe you've any idea about how I can find equivalent to replace in G2 Editor?

regards
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:

I am surprised about the quality of NM1 patches,they are right good and perfect also if uses few DSP resources,and this has to signify that first NordModular was already a perfect machine when is come into our view.

Well it was much more limited five years ago (software version 1.x) then it is now, so we can expect a lot for the G2 I guess.
Quote:

There are a few modules in NM1 Editor who I doesn't found in G2, like
the SMOOTH in Control Modifier Group ,InverLevel Shift in Audio Modifier and the GAIN CONTROL in Mixer Group.

Classic Smooth -> G2 glide (on the notes tab)
Classic InvertLevelShift -> G2 LevConv (level tab)
Classic GainControl -> G2 LevMult (level tab)

I think ...

Jan.
modular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's right! Thanks Jan thumright

I think G2 LevMulti has Unipolar button missed where it was present in Classic GainControl in NM1 Editor, so I guess it possible to adding this feature chaining one G2 LevMulti and one Level Converter toghether.

And one more.. what is the function of Master and Slave wich often are chained Oscillators in NM1 who is missed in G2 Editor?
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:
I guess it possible to adding this feature chaining one G2 LevMulti and one Level Converter toghether.

Exactly

modular wrote:
And one more.. what is the function of Master and Slave wich often are chained Oscillators in NM1 who is missed in G2 Editor?

From what I understand, the master slave on the classic was mainly a dsp saving thing. The G2's auto optimisation now takes care of that and the G2 master oscillator now only makes controlling groups of oscillators easier*.
There were some 'undocumented' tricks that could be done with Gray cables however see ...

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-1970.html

I like your patches BTW, keep them coming.

*Don’t forget to turn off the built in KBD tracking of the G2 slaved oscillators otherwise the tracking will be doubled.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started a follow-up on the gray signal question at : http://electro-music.com/forum/post-19088.html#19088

Jan.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhh... guys.. I did not know this thing about the gate.. but the way I understand it.. the NM1 has NOT prepatched gate, but the G2 has? Is that correct? I am still an NM1 novice, and I have pretty much approached it like any other modular synth of the old kind. So.. sure.. I have been putting the gate where the gate is supposed to go etc. ..But this seems to be the correct procedure anyway on the NM1.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The pre-patched gate is on by default for the G2, just like the pre-patched keyboard CV is on by default for the Classic (and for the G2), but you can turn this off.

When on the G2 you don't use the built in coupling for keyboard related envelopes you'll have to use a keyboard module, which costs a bit of DSP.

When I read betweeen the lines the discussion seems to be about when one should optimize.

I'd say it's best be done when you run out of resources but it is also possible to have a 'purist' point of view in this. Nothing wrong with that either (and one might learn something from optimizing).

Jan.
modular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g2ian wrote:

Quote:

I like your patches BTW, keep them coming.

Thanks g2ian. You was been my first point of reference since I'm landed here.I like your patches too and I have to make treasure from you and everybody (jan,Mosc,Wan and the others) who have more experience than me
in modular technique

Quote:
*Don’t forget to turn off the built in KBD tracking of the G2 slaved oscillators otherwise the tracking will be doubled.

Oh.. it will be done, thanks once more Smile

[/quote]
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular,

I apologize for my harsh sounding words.

Now, after rereading my post, I see that it comes across far more critical and harsh than I had intended. Sorry. Actually I just wanted to make fun of myself -and the fact that I haven't been posting any patches lately. clown

(Honestly, I'm in a deep personal crisis whether I should pursue electronic music any further anyway -that's why my output has been zero lately. But that's OT, and uninteresting anyway Wink , so forget about it...)

Enjoy the G2! thumleft
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shoshin wrote:

(Honestly, I'm in a deep personal crisis whether I should pursue electronic music any further anyway

It''s not easy to get near to what's in your head when it's in doubt.

Might you stop... I thought I could hear joy in your patches.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tim, for selfish reasons I hope your crisis subsides and you keep with the electronic music. You have certainly been a significant contributer to our community and we'd miss you greatly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey modular,

I especially like triggering a key and changing from Var. 7 to 8. I don't know what happens, but I sure did it >20 times in a row.

Had to log-in twice, hope this one is not duplicated again.

Cheers,sebber
modular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
hey modular,

I especially like triggering a key and changing from Var. 7 to 8. I don't know what happens, but I sure did it >20 times in a row.

I think is the reverb tail and differents envelopes.As it happens changing from var.7 to 6

cheers Smile
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Classic
Jump to: