electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Post Your KLEE Panels Designs Here
Page 10 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
a.b.o.z.

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scott where is your klee?
Smile
i'm only 400km from mine Very Happy
i'm in my wifes home town down on adriatic coast.
it is darn hot. juck Razz
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
Quote:
I would replace the sliders with a switch of some type.

At least for the method of how I use the Klee, I'd have to disagree. This would sort of kill things for one step sequences. For the higher range sequences, the small adjustments do make quite a bit of difference.

What Scott is saying makes a lot of sense, and he has been using his Klee alot more than I have, so I will humbly make a 180degree turn on the "lose the sliders" opinion, and bow to the experience of my learned friend. Very Happy

Luka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that panel looks great thomas, the line of switches is good thinking, i might re-make my panel based on that design while im still waiting for money to buy panel components
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, actually Andy, it's not such a bad idea - it may work quite well for others. I think we'll find that one person's Klee is another's Clover Laughing

My Klee is in Kansas, but I'm in Penang, Malaysia right now for a good long time ('til end of July). Not sure if it's *really* 10,000 miles, but I figure it's close to that. I'm closer to Andy's Klee than to mine.

Hmmmm.........

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I keep forgetting to mention that is one spankin' badass circular panel! Very nice indeed.
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
I'm closer to Andy's Klee than to mine.

Hmmmm.........

Well,.... It's only a little flight down to Brisbane. Then a connector to Coffs Harbour. You get weekends off don't you? Charge work for it. Research and Development it's called. You can research the state of SDIY in Nambucca Heads, and we can develop a hangover together! Laughing

sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So here's mine. I probably get the award for ugliest klee panel yet.

Folks who also look in the modularsynthpanels yahoo group have already seen this, and the .fpd file is available there - I can post it here also if there's any interest.

I just wanted something that would fit right into my otherwise mostly motm format synth. It's actually Clickmrmike's design, with some slight tweaks of the switch positioning and labeling. I basically took an old milton panel design and modified the bottom of it.

Apologies for getting the electro-music Klee label wrong - I didn't read all of the applications and build thread until after I designed it.

So anyway, this panel is on its way to me from Seattle as of now, and I've got the boards half stuffed, and many of the panel parts are here or are on the way also. When I posted this design on modularsynthpanels, it seemed to get things going, and Thomas White did his amazing oval design, which'll also work for my purposes, so I'll probably end up getting one of those once Scott Deyo starts producing them cheaply. I like this straightforward, linear design, but I also really like the oval design - one can have 2 klees, right? This is assuming that eventually there'll be a third board run (hope!).

kleesd1.jpg
 Description:
Screen capture of my klee panel in front panel designer
 Filesize:  144.47 KB
 Viewed:  445 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

kleesd1.jpg

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
bugfight wrote:
was it the sparkfun 4x4?

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=7835
they are kinda big...

BINGO! thank you so much!

these seem to be momentaries, aren't they? i am not quite sure about the mechanical details anyway. how do they work?

mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wiard Klee

kleewiard.jpg
 Description:
wiard klee
 Filesize:  259.99 KB
 Viewed:  428 Time(s)

kleewiard.jpg

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Wiard Klee

Very very nice design Mono-Poly !!! All these great front panel iterations, there should be a Klee picture book made up Very Happy

Bill
sduck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
Wiard Klee

That is really nice. Is that an official Wiard implementation of the klee, or a look-alike version?
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is DIY for in my Wiard setup.
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, that is just absolutely beautiful.
bugfight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
fonik wrote:
bugfight wrote:
was it the sparkfun 4x4?

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=7835
they are kinda big...

BINGO! thank you so much!

these seem to be momentaries, aren't they? i am not quite sure about the mechanical details anyway. how do they work?

sorry, i've been out of town and missed this.
yep they're momentaries.
there's conductive carbon on each silicon button and it contacts a pad on the pcb.

cool, sparkfun finally added diode pads to their pcb (to avoid ghosting in matrix switch circuits). i wound up making my own pcbs...
Luka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well here is my contribution

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

my modular panel material is a bit different from most,
im using rusty steel that i have found around our warehouse.
so here is my rusty klee.
sorry about photo quality

im still waiting for my switches,
then ill finally check the circuit build for any problems.
so excited !

cant wait to hear this baby in action

sduck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first glance I went "ewww, that's some serious funk". But then I found I couldn't look away - that panel has some serious depth, and looks like it'll be real fun to use. Cool variant on the steampunk thing. Thanks for sharing!
Luka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah its a bit grimey. but i kinda like that

one day ill have some cash and ill get some aluminium panels cut for all my panels, for now i like the industrial rust edge. this machine is going to make good noise so rust fits in with that theme Smile

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luka wrote:

so here is my rusty klee

it looks like some ancient time machine Shocked hypnotic Exclamation

Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Sound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH! Luka! Its amazing!

Please, could you upload a high resolution picture? I would like to look your klee more detailed!

Could you explain how you do your front panels a little bit?

Thanks!
Luka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, ill try find a camera (and ill chuck into this post)

Basically i found lots of sheets of 1mm steel which were rusty as hell (only surface rust and only slighty correoded on one side). i pulled out our angle grinder and cut it to measure a moog unit system. desinged the panel in photoshop ( i actually designed it for brass but i made it in rust to suffice for the moment but i think ill keep a whole cabinet in rust now )

drilled the holes with a drill press, and labeled it by hand with a sharpie. drilling wasnt too hard, it was a lot easier than i expected however i never had drilled much aluminium before this. after making some aluminium panels for other people i must say it is so malable and easy to work with Smile
so then i added led bezels and some cheap knob that im using for my whole cabinet. now waiting for switches. (200 on the way) i hate waiting for international deliveries Sad

i have an enitre rack near completion of modular done in rusty steel. i like it a lot. it is a good means of recycling, it looks a lot different to most people's modular systems, and it is so much fun using angle grinders and heavy metal tools Smile it also has a industrial edge and seems fitting for a modular synth.

attached is my design, soon to come high res pictures if i find a camera
the rust has a really amazing natural corrosion patterns so ill put some time into take the photos right once i find a camera

klee-circular_FINAL.jpg
 Description:
klee panel design, ive changes a few slight things when i drilled and marked the panel
main differences are the position of the merge T&G, the colour of the LEDs, and that i wont be using push buttons for the inner row of switches (obviously the switc
 Filesize:  77.51 KB
 Viewed:  279 Time(s)

klee-circular_FINAL.jpg

sduck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: my klee, part 2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, here's 2 pics of my ugly duckling klee in it's current state. Just a ton of wiring to do yet. I wanted to get a halfway decent pic as I'm off on vacation next week, and won't be able to work on the thing, and need a pic to keep my head in the game. I just threw the knobs on loosely for the picture - don't want to mess them up while soldering tons of wires on the back - but also wanted to have a feel for how the thing will look like completed, and so I could fulfill the instructions on the bottom of page 21.

IMG_1807.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  339 Time(s)

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Viewed:  246 Time(s)

IMG_1808.JPG

Luka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im really not looking forward to wiring the beast ;; sigh
have a nice holliday sduck Wink

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been looking at the panels guys and I continue to be amazed at the variations ....... great work to all !!!! I love it Wink

Bill
softfin

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally bite the bullet and designed a panel for my Klee. Very Happy
I used Fonik's panel layout as a starting point and modified it quite a bit to better suit my tastes (bigger sliders).
The price estimate for the panel was a positive surprise: it will probably cost only a little more than 100eur Smile

klee_panel_softfin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.65 KB
 Viewed:  443 Time(s)

klee_panel_softfin.jpg

Rykhaard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luka wrote:

now waiting for switches. (200 on the way) i hate waiting for international deliveries Sad

That panel looks WILD!! Very Happy And it's JUST inspired me as well! Since I use wood for my panels, I'm going to search around / keep my eye open to see if I can find any flat BARK, in any type of wood. I love the look of yours extremely, especially in the Industrial (mechanical and musically) frame of mind! Twisted Evil At the very least, for future art on my panels, I'm going to keep the 'industrial' in mind, pictures wise! Smile

Now - the other reason for replying - 200 switches?? From WHERE? How much??? With all of the sequencers that I have planned at the moment (2 more Ray Wilson MFOS sequencer digital boards, just arrived in the mail - weeeee! Smile ) I'm going to need at least 100 each of ON/ON and ON/OFF/ON switches. I'm looking for great priced sites.
Where are your 200 coming from and if eBay - please let me know when they arrive; how long they took to ship and their cost! Smile
Page 10 of 16 [399 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: