electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
16-Stage envelope with selectable sustain stage
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: 16-Stage envelope with selectable sustain stage Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took on Daves CtrlSeq-idea to provide 16 stages, and added variable gate-on sustain stage control.

Since the CtrlSeq uses 4 Clavia units per stage, the control does the same, so 0=stage1, 4=stage2, etc. This also gives you the possibility of sustaining "between" two stages if you want.

The "no triggering at patchload"-feature was implemented too. Also, since the CtrlSeq will interpolate the last stage with the first one in crossfade mode, I made sure this didn't happen by adding a clipper at the right place so the envelope really stops at level16.

12,5% memory load for 16 stages -not bad. Smile

Thanks for all the ideas!

cheers,
tim

Edit: Duh! Embarassed It's even simpler if you use the gate outs from the Level-CtrlSeq to define the sustain stage. Even more efficient: 10,9 mem%. Smile See second attached patch.

16StageEnvSustTK.pch2
 Description:
DIY 16-stage envelope with variable (and modulatable) sustain-stage

Download
 Filename:  16StageEnvSustTK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.9 KB
 Downloaded:  1912 Time(s)

16StageSus2 TK.pch2
 Description:
DIY 16-stage envelope using the gates from the Rates CtrlSeq to manually set the sustain stage. Not modulatable, but more efficient.

Download
 Filename:  16StageSus2 TK.pch2
 Filesize:  1.82 KB
 Downloaded:  1956 Time(s)

Last edited by Tim Kleinert on Sat May 26, 2007 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad indeed Very Happy

It even can go pretty slow by adding some attenuation after the rate controls. Don't use too much though, that'll make it stop.

edit :

Also see : http://electro-music.com/forum/post-121885.html
and : http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-18089.html

davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....And another tweak on the idea...

This one omits the third sequencer for controlling the cutoff of the "Glide filter" and instead just uses the output of the RATE sequencer to control both the rate and the Glide Cutoff. Faster rate automatically makes a faster glide, so you can't make incompatable glide and rate settings. I added a Master Rate control which speeds up the LFO (which speeds up the sequencers) and opens the glide filter a corresponding amount for faster glide. Also, this one is set up so that the Rate and Level controls are on matching steps of the two sequencers. On some of the other versions they were off by one step.

e_m_s_e_303 GLIDE2.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  e_m_s_e_303 GLIDE2.pch2
 Filesize:  1.95 KB
 Downloaded:  1893 Time(s)

sirsicksik

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: polyphony?
Subject description: make it polyphone?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there an yway to make this thing polyphone by the way?
I've builded a fm&am synth which was synced by a fourth osc in synthedit once, which sounded pretty good and spacy, but this thing used a multstage envelope which was triggered for each note seperatly.. I would really like to rebuild this one using the G2 because the sound was REALLY to sweet!
Also, it would be nice if this multistage envelope would be retriggered if you keep the note on, not using a sustain level..
this was all pretty simple within synthedit, but I can understand if this is all not possible within the modular..

sirsicksik
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should be able to increase polyphony just be using the little "VOICE MODE" up/down buttons in the toolbar to add more voices. Is that what you want?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: polyphony?
Subject description: make it polyphone?

sirsicksik wrote:
I can understand if this is all not possible within the modular..

The thing with the G2 is that often when you try an idea just as is the patch tends to get big and a smart idea is needed to make it fit. You'll have to get a feeling for it, this will take some time, but some people did pretty amazing things with it.

Why did you want to change from synthedit to the G2 BTW ? just curious, read some good things about synthedit, but didn't try it myself.

sirsicksik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: G2 vs synthedit
Subject description: why..

Well, I've builded lots of synths using synthedit, but in the end I always run into CPU problems of my computer.. Also, I just wanted to be able to give a live performance without having the need of using a big-ass computer and carry it everywhere I go..

For now, as I just bought the G2, I'll be trying to figure the G2 out. In the end I want to use both synthedit and the G2, cause working within synthedit is just plain fun hehe...
Also, the looks of a synth when it is build is lots better than using the G2, while the G2 only has the option to show the way it is build in the editor, with synthedit, you can also build a panel-view, giving you the possibility to make a coherent,good and clear looking front panel for the synth without all the wires and 'useless' modules which you can't control anyway..
Still, I'll build some synths and percussions within the G2 and build some effects within synthedit through which I will route these.. This way I can also save some memory in the G2 with not using any effects overthere.

I already quickly made a multistage envelope when I just bought the G2, triggering the envelope by a note-on, and sending the midi signal to the G2.. This way you could also save lots of cpu within the G2.. just a thought..

If anyone is interested by the way... I've got a prefab folder of syntheditfiles in the synthedit forum:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/syntheditusers/
You'll have to register first, but in there, there are quite a lot of interesting prefab synths/effects/sequencers in the files-section. For my folder, go to: files/prefabs/sirsicksik

sirsicksik
sirsicksik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: poly Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Peck, that's not what I meant.
I wanted the G2 to double the envelope for each voice.. I thought I missed something when I read your post and loaded the patch again, but turning the voices up to 4 for example, just makes 4 voices follow one single envelope. I want each voice to have it's own envelope, beginning from the start when triggered while the notes which are played before just keep following their own envelope... Ah well, I guess it's a little too much asked hehe, these things are quite simple for software, but not for hardware..
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: G2 vs synthedit
Subject description: why..

sirsicksik wrote:
Well, I've builded lots of synths using synthedit, but in the end I always run into CPU problems of my computer.. Also, I just wanted to be able to give a live performance without having the need of using a big-ass computer and carry it everywhere I go..

Thanks! Makes sense.

thapoke

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scuse me for digging up an old thread , I was trying to get a multistage looping envelope like the yamaha sy77 or ensoniq synths, so I adapted this to have an initial stage and looping stage , with a single release stage. You can fade in a bit of the loop in release as well.

It's not efficient, takes up about 9.5% but works like the sy77. This could be done better probably.

16stg-loopingEnv.pch2
 Description:
You set the envelope loop start and end points with the event sequencers, and the release stage is sampled and triggered on key up.

You also have to set the first looping envelope level to the same value as the last stage of the initial envelope to avoid

Download
 Filename:  16stg-loopingEnv.pch2
 Filesize:  3.7 KB
 Downloaded:  3515 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
Jump to: