electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Please help! Editor and G2 not talking to each other
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Suilebhain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Please help! Editor and G2 not talking to each other Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently bought a G2 Engine and have not been able to get the Editor to recognize that it is hooked up. I have not gotten any response to my other posts within other threads so I am starting my own thread in the hope that someone can help me as I am extremely frustrated at this point.

I am running Windows XP.

The Editor and G2 software are both 1.4

I have installed the USB driver. Also, I have tried a different cable. The G2 is plugged diretly in, no hub in use.

My PC recognizes the G2 via USB and if I unplug it or turn it off I get the message that the USB has been unplugged.

In the manual there is something called Slot Buttons, then Connection Indicators, then the Perf button. They are in the top row, next to the Perf name and Master Clock. Well, in my editor, they do not even show up. The Editor behaves as if nothing is connected to it.
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That doesn't sound good, maybe you should give clavia a call. o r perhaps re:downlaod and install the editor software, maybe your copy has a bug.

As far as I am aware, once it is installed it should work as soon as you switch it on, i am pretty sure mine worked without any such problems.

R.

Suilebhain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So it is kinda sounding like I am screwed.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suilebhain wrote:
So it is kinda sounding like I am screwed.

Before thinking that maybe you could first try if it works on some other computer ...

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would actually reinstall the USB driver. Also use the same USB port you installed it on when you do install it. Or perhaps just uninstalling the editor software and reinstalling if that doesn't work etc.

Trying on another computer would be handy if reinstalling the USB driver doesnt fix it.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Please help! Editor and G2 not talking to each other Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suilebhain wrote:
I recently bought a G2 Engine and have not been able to get the Editor to recognize that it is hooked up. I have not gotten any response to my other posts within other threads so I am starting my own thread in the hope that someone can help me as I am extremely frustrated at this point.

I am running Windows XP.

The Editor and G2 software are both 1.4

I have installed the USB driver. Also, I have tried a different cable. The G2 is plugged diretly in, no hub in use.

My PC recognizes the G2 via USB and if I unplug it or turn it off I get the message that the USB has been unplugged.

In the manual there is something called Slot Buttons, then Connection Indicators, then the Perf button. They are in the top row, next to the Perf name and Master Clock. Well, in my editor, they do not even show up. The Editor behaves as if nothing is connected to it.

try other USB devices in the same USB port, to separate the problem from the USB hardware on the computer, and the G2 hardware & software.
Cheap USB connectors that get used a lot don't make good contact with devices that are plugged in.
maxheadwound

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had this EXACT same problem (except I have XP SP3), and the solution was to reinstall the G2 driver. Many thanks to Jason for this suggestion!

To reinstall the driver:
1) Put the Nord CD in your CD drive.
2) Open up Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager
3) Plug in and turn on the G2. You should see "Clavia USB Driver" appear under the "Sound, video and game controllers" section
4) Right click on that entry and go to the "Drivers" tab.
5) Click "Update Driver..." and tell it exactly where to find the G2 driver on the Nord disc.

After the driver was installed, I opened up the G2 Editor and the patch loaded up, no problems. Again, thanks Jason!
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm ... yes windows at times forgets about drivers indeed. Good you tried!

And welcome

Jason

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad to help and Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your G2

compress welcome bounce
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: