electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Module Reference Comparative Table
Page 4 of 5 [111 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, Blue Hell!

There are a few modules I can't solve.

a) there's no solution for the In/Out Keyboard Split yet.

b) With the Hi and Low Shelving EQ I've got trouble with the cut-off frequency that I can't find on G2s Eqs.

c) the Quantizer. I can't find it.

d) A quick search didn't find me an Expander.

Any ideas?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
Welcome back, Blue Hell!

thanks.

Quote:

I guess the MIDI/Note zone is meant to replace it, but this aint much good for most existing patches. Some circuitry will have to be made to replace it. My first impulse is to try to build something with two note detectors and some S&H modules. I'll try to see if I can come up with something.

Quote:
b) With the Hi and Low Shelving EQ I've got trouble with the cut-off frequency that I can't find on G2s Eqs.

Too bad, it will be hard then ...

Quote:
c) the Quantizer. I can't find it.

For new G2 patches I use the FX/digitizer module set to a high sample rate and nothing connected to the modulation input. For audio signals this might give some extra (or different) aliasing, maybe when set to run at 23.7 kHz (or should it be 11.8 kHz ? I forgot about the control rate for the Classic :-) it will be more or less the same ?

Quote:
d) A quick search didn't find me an Expander.

No, it's gone AFAIK, it wasn't used very much I think ?

Jan.
sebber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good evening, only 11 modules to go. But I do need your help, I've solved the ones that I can.

a) I know nothing about Sequencers. The Event Sequencer I could do by comparing the modules, but the others I can't.

b) Please check the clock divider. Does it need/work with a Level Converter?

c) At the bootom of the page are some questions concerning modules. I haven't asked yet these here in this forum:

Pos/Neg Edge Delay (I suppose: Logic Delay) and Logic Delay (I...huh?).

Clock divider fixed?

So, any help is appreciated. I'd like to come to an end with this, hand it over to Howard and start and head banging monitor , but then and

Yes!
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
sebber wrote:

I'll try to see if I can come up with something.

Maybe like in attached picture ?

The Classsic help file says :
Quote:
Keyb Split

Keyboard split gives you the possibility to create split sounds using only one patch. It functions as a “key filter” in which you set the limits for the key range that should pass through.

Lower
Here you set the lower limit of the keyboard range. The limit note is displayed in the display boxe. Only notes played above the set limit will pass through to the output(s). Range: C-1 to G9.

Upper
Here you set the upper limit of the keyboard range. The limit note is displayed in the display boxe. Only notes played below the set limit will pass through to the output(s). Range: C-1 to G9.

Note, Gate, Vel inputs
‘Note’ is the note control signal input. Patch the Note output of the Keyboard Patch or Keyboard Voice module to this input. ‘Gate’ is the logic gate input. This input must always receive a high logic gate signal to activate the module. Connect it to the Gate output of the Keyboard Patch or Keyboard Voice module, for instance. ‘Vel’ is the velocity control signal input. If a gate signal and a note control signal that lies within the Lower and Upper limits are received, the velocity value of the ‘Vel’ input will be transmitted to the ‘Vel’ output.

Note, Gate, Vel outputs
These are the outputs for the note, gate and velocity signals.
Note signal: Bipolar
Gate signal: Logic
Velocity signal: Unipolar

untitled.jpg
 Description:
a proposal for an implementation of an NM Classic keyboard splitter on the G2
 Filesize:  27.78 KB
 Viewed:  15157 Time(s)

untitled.jpg

sebber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell, thank you. The pic is already implemented and on the server.

The delay modules should be easy for somebody who worked with them.

Come on, it's just three of them and I guess only two G2 modules to come up with.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The G2 logic delay module relaces all three classic modules via a three way drop down selector.
The first option is a positive edge delay.
The second is a negative edge delay.
The third delays both edges, as in the logic delay.

I think that is about right based on the 3.03 editor.

The G2 offers 3 time ranges for a total of .1 ms - 100sec as apposed to 1ms - 16sec on the classic. The G2 range is also modulatable.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the last one is the fixed divider, which was included in V1.0 but was dropped later because it was redundant?
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, g2ian.

Only 6 modules to go (apart from 2-3 questions):

1) High and low shelving eq (EqShelving#)

2) Quantizer (looks like it's the digitizer, but at what sample rate?)

3) Clock divider fixed: any other opinions than nada because redundant?

4) Sequencers (3)

modular, what ever happened to you? Are you still here? Wanna do the sequencers? Laughing
modular

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 72

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:

modular, what ever happened to you? Are you still here? Wanna do the sequencers? Laughing

Sure, I'm here. salut

And I was following the topic with interest due I've been to start with it.study

About the Phaser FX Module I wanna put the focus about the interaction between FilterPhase+Phaser , I guess this is the right way to make closest to Phaser in NM1 Editor cause the missing Spread Control and Pitch input in G2 Module.Rolling Eyes

I'm doing practice in sequencer, of course. Did you hear my last patches yet?

Go into Patch Archive and enjoy with them Very Happy
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[edit]..yes, an lfo (sine) with a FilterPhase is a better approximation.
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I made mistake.

It's not

Phaser (FltPhase#)(Group: FX) with LFO C (LfoC#)(Group: LFO) through Mixer 1-1 A (Mix1-1A#)(Group: Mixer) in top pitch input

but

Phaser (FltPhase#)(Group: Filter) with LFO C (LfoC#)(Group: LFO) Sine Wave through Mixer 1-1 A (Mix1-1A#)(Group: Mixer) in top pitch input

I'm sorry for the confusion, Afrokid had it right.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in the process of coverting about 20 of my favorite patches from NM to G2. This table is extremely useful to me. Just wanted to say thanks!
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Howard,

since I'll be gone for a month and this project lost it's momentum anyway, can I please hand this over to you? That would be another 200 clicks/month for you Very Happy
Where do you want to have the files sent?

Cheers,
Sebastian
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sebastian,

I'm overwhealmed with things I'm working on for this site. I couldn't possbily take on another task. Maybe someone else will volunteer to do this.

If hosting the web page is an issue, I'll be happy to do that though.

Sorry. This is a valuable service you have undertaken...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

As for posting this module list when it is finished, I'd be happy to provide a page on electro-music.com. It can even be the first post of a forum topic. The author can edit is as new information is provided in posts later down the thread. I could add some html tags to the forum to enable tables if that would help.

I was refering to this here. But I can completely understand that you're really busy, and it's getting worse because I want to order the ONCE-CDs. Very Happy

Keeping it on my site is not a problem, though one day I will move it away from www.sebastianberweck.de to keep it things apart.
Hyde

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DONT GIVE UP ON THIS GUYS!!! This is SOOOOO valuable and you ALL know it.
sebber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not giving up. I just thought, that electro-music would be a better place. The MRT.htm will stay where it is, but will not be changed for a while.
If I move it someday (not before December), I'll give notice.
Thanks for the support so far. Additions are still welcome, in fact they are necessary. It's just a few modules to go, but I need the help of you folks to get it done.
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:

1) High and low shelving eq (EqShelving#)

I've got a feeling that the old shelving EQ won't come back on the G2, so I had a go at trying to repatch it.

Did not try to remake it exactly te same, as one thing I didn't like about the old one was that it was too prone to clip at higher boost values, but not with the right sort of grungy clipping some analog desks can have.

I used the old analog state variable filter approach, as that one allows for an extra type of EQ that I find very handy. Which is sort of like when you turn the bass and treble controls on an amplifier at the same time but one in the opposite direction of the other. Which sort of tilts the spectrum and is in general a good way to get easy control on noise based sounds, e.g. to set a kick-snare-cymbal balance.

The nice thing is that both the frequency and the gain amounts are modulatable by lfos, etc.

/Rob

Shelving_EQ.pch2
 Description:
A shelving EQ that can serve as a replacement for the classic NM shelving EQ, but with an extra type.

Download
 Filename:  Shelving_EQ.pch2
 Filesize:  3.37 KB
 Downloaded:  1504 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the spectral osc also see

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-22267.html#22267

Jan.
sebber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I told you it'll take a while. For those of you, who haven't looked at the MRT.htm in the last months: I changed a few things in the last weeks.

Last month I asked Rob for permission to save a patch there, but unfortunately, I lost it and can't find it on the forum anymore. Well, maybe I'll see it again someday.

Cheers,
Sebastian

(This topic is so old, I better post the link again:
http://www.sebastianberweck.de/G2/MRT.htm is what I'm talking about)
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you describe the patch you lost track of ?

btw, the bottom links on your page (the ones that link to pch files do not seem to work, but maybe just not yet).

Jan.
sebber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Jan, I forgot to upload the patches. They were heplful in the beginning to get an overview.

I come to think now that I didn't overlook something Rob posted but that 3phase started a thread back in December which I said I would add to the list. Which will happen, but I won't say when.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, take your time. Thanks for your work.

Jan.
sebber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An update worth mentioning, contributions by Blue Hell, 3phase and others.

www.sebastianberweck.de/G2/MRT.htm

When I see that Where can I find tutorials, mailing list info, patches etc.? in the FAQ-forum has got over 800 views it seems there's a need for it. Unfortunately almost everything out there is for the NM. So, maybe this table helps, it sure helped me. But it's not the real thing: what is needed is genuine, easy-digestable information for G2-beginners. Don't call for more patches and a better community for the G2 as long as it's so difficult to get information. This place, electro-music.com, could be a great place to put all the essential facts down. And it needs the long-time NM users who now got a G2 now to contribute and build it up.

Thanks, Howard, for this forum

(This is not against the mailing-list, this is a thank you.)
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sebber wrote:
Hey modular,
great.

The idea of the list is to find modules that can do almost the same (or more) than the original ones. I suppose, there might be a similarity between 80-90%.

sebber

Hey- Did you take a look a DEWB's documentation?
Doesn't he have all the G2 modules documented- in HTML?
Should make this easier??

Last edited by cappy2112 on Fri May 20, 2005 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 5 [111 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: