electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » DSI Synths
New FREE Evolver Editor
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
alcovy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject:  New FREE Evolver Editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone!

I've got a DSI Desktop Evolver time ago and I was looking for any pc evolver editor but I didn't found it for free. So well, here is an attempt of this. I've done it with VS.net but it is not finished yet, maybe soon...

At this moment it can practically have the full contol of your evolver but it still cannot receive sysex, so it can't get your evo's preset. Anyway you can load any preset that were stored in your pc in .syx format. I'm planning to make a sequencer of its controls that in this way you could automate them, this could be useful because now there's no way to do this.

Give it a try and tell me...

[Edit by Blue Hell : there is an update here ]

DSI Evolver Editor Junior 0.4.1 - Alcovy.rar
 Description:
new Evolver's Editor for PC...

Download
 Filename:  DSI Evolver Editor Junior 0.4.1 - Alcovy.rar
 Filesize:  481.09 KB
 Downloaded:  1120 Time(s)

sebber

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 33

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi alcovy,

it doesn't work on my machine (vista). I get a window (guess that's why it's called "windows" Wink ) saying I need to install some Assembly Microsoft.Vbe.interop.Forms version Sha-La-La in the global Assemblycache first. A-HA Exclamation

When I try to get the computer in "energy-safe"-modus it will reboot and the screen resolution is changed. Question

BTW, by no means do I say it's your fault, just to let you know. I wish it would work, a free editor is very welcome here.

Best,
sebber

alcovy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok Sebber, I think you could try to install the redistributable packet that contains this file and other ones form here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=59DAEBAA-BED4-4282-A28C-B864D8BFA513&displaylang=en

or if it doesn't work you can search in google: "2007 Microsoft Office System Update: Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies" and download the update.

And sorry, I don't know what's the reason for your energy-safe mode problem, but I don't hink that may be caused by this editor.

Althought I hope u can fix those problems.
Good luck
sebber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

thanks for the help. I don't have Office2007 and can't install it (I tried it, but it wouldn't allow me to do so). I've got .NET 3.x, and I've got Outlook2003. though.

Best,
sebber

sebber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Alcovy,

do you think one of these would help me:
http://www.microsoft.com/germany/Express/product/default.aspx?

Best
sebber

alcovy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, if you install visual basic.net it should have to solve the problem, altought it seems not to be the fastest way, but try it.

In the near future I'll do a newer version that I'll have a closer look to the system conflicts like yours.

Good luck!
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't you just need the .Net runtime installation?
sebber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I have "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5", it should work. But it seems the setup isn't allowed to write in the global assembly cache, though I did it with admin rights.

The link you sent me, alcovy (and thank you for it!), is an update for Office 2007. Can you think of something else to install? Or better: which of the four programs I can download for free is the one that I need?

I'd love to see it working.

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Sebber,

What is the exact error you get?

Cheers

Andy
sebber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The story has changed: althoug I get the error messages posted above (Can't install nor start. You need to install some Assembly Microsoft.Vbe.interop.Forms version 11.0.0.0 in the global Assemblycache first. Ask your admin), starting EvoEditJunior.exe inside the EvoEditJunior_0_4_0_1 folder inside the Application Files folder (should I've known that?) asks me to specify my MIDI devices and then runs. I have some MIDI problems right now so I can't verify it works but it looks absolutely great! What an asthetically pleasing sight! I'll keep you updated if it works once I get my MIDI-Problems solved.

Thanks so far
sebber

sebber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alcovy, this editor of yours is great! I hope you'll find the time to sort the rest out. Fantastic job!

Did I say what a cool thing you've done there?

Sorry for the hassle with the setup. It works very well and the MIDI problems I had was of course a broken cable.

Brava! cheers

alcovy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks sebber! Your compliments ecourage me to keep improving this editor!

At this moment I have done the contols sequencer (I think it can be so useful to create dynamic sounds) and other stuff but I have to fix some other things...

Maybe not later I'll upload here a new version. Of course suggestions or petitions are very welcome.
MissyM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey de puta madre, i was wishing to have a free windows editor for my beloved evolver, i am just downloading to try it.... Many Many Thanks!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » DSI Synths
Jump to: