electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Nord modular editor
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
firstsynth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Nord modular editor
Subject description: How do I know the driver is installed properly?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have had my Nord Modular G2x for 2 years and the editor has worked perfectly almost all the time. The other day it stopped working. I updated the driver in Device Manager and it started working again. I came back to my computer and plugged in again but this time nothing. I have reinstalled a few time. I have downloaded it new again from the website. I don't know what to do.

For about a month, I have been using a Vista laptop-I was using XP-and it has been working perfectly without reinstalling or changing anything.

There is only one thing that I can think of. The other day when I did not have my Nord G2 with me, I was showing someone what the G2 editor looked like on my laptop so I downloaded the sample from the Clavia website. I didn't even think that it would do anything wrong but since then it has not worked. There are no places that I can see where to delete the sample G2 editor.

Please help!

Thank you.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, hope it's not the G2 itself ... it should be possible to have both the demo and the real thing on the computer, that's what I have and probably many people here. Is it possible for you to try another USB port of you PC? (A while ago David Peck had trouble with an unrecognized G2, changing USB ports made it work for him).
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

strange behaviour, i had it once, switched the G2 on/off a lot of times. then suddenly it worked again. when you usb plug in the G2, do you hear a sound? has to be 2 sounds.
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have demo and editor on my pc at home at same time and have no issues. My guess would be switching the USB port to another one. the one I use for my ipod that gets pulled about a bit is getting quite intermittent now.
firstsynth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I do not hear any sound when the USB is put in. There can't be anything wrong with my G2-it's out of warranty now! When the editor was working for the last two years until last week, everything worked well. Even today it worked once for the first time in a week but when I had to turn it off and came back later, it would not read. Is there any chance of the cord not working? I have noticed that when I have put the USB into certain slots it does bring up a bubble saying, drivers installing, but for the others it doesn't. I don't think that I would turn the G2 on and off repeatedly as I thought that would be bad for it.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, this could be caused by a bad cable indeed, you should try another one.
firstsynth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another interesting thing that happens is that when I take the Usb out of the computer to try the different ports, each time the computer screen comes up with,'Cable unplugged', so does that mean the Usb cable is being recognized?

Just to clarify what I am trying to do, from past use the title of the patch and all its modules appear on the computer screen automatically when I would connect the computer to my keyboard. Is it possible that I could have changed a setting on the editor without knowing and have made it so that I have to open a file and the patch will load into the editor? I'm probably just being wishful.

Absolutely everything on the keyboard works and it has never crashed. The editor has worked once in the four weeks since it stopped working. After I updated the driver in Control Panel/Device Manager it worked again for one session and then I stopped and turned everything off. When I came back an hour later, the keyboard was not talking to the editor anymore and updating the driver did not work again.

Something I am interested to know is, does the driver automatically install when I install the Nord G2 software? I have tried to install both of the driver files separately afterwards but it says they are not files that can be installed.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just reread the first post here and just now I see the Vista word ... the 1.40 editor and device driver are supposed to be non-working under Vista Shocked There is a Beta and Nord claims to be working on an official Vista driver (for almost a year now), maybe contact Nord about the Beta, you'll also need a driver removal tool to remove the old driver, but that should be part of the Beta.

To un-install the G2 demo software :

There should be an un-install option in the "Nord Modular G2 demo v 1.40" folder in your start menu. When that's not the case open a dos prompt and type "C:\Windows\unvise32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\Clavia\MODULA~2.40\uninstal.log" (maybe change the path when you didn't do a default install, and when there are spaces in the path add double quotes around it).

firstsynth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you. I hope that I can find the Beta for Vista. I am confused though that for a few months the editor did function on my Vista laptop. My editor seems to uninstall properly from the Uninstall put on through the Nord software.

I will try today to find it.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: