electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Call For Participation - New Years Eve Live Streaming Event
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 8 of 9 [203 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pehr, that would be cool if you did live patch work. I also hope on maybe doing some digital live patchwork with my (very) capable modular program... although i am capable of neither organization or live internet broadcasts at that... so for me it is a big "maybe"...
Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes I thought it would be. Very Happy I'm working both 31st and 1st, but I will prob be able to play sometime during the evening/night/morning (CET) Rolling Eyes Laughing

How do one book a time in the calendar? I can't figure out. Or isn't it possible yet? Confused

http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
destroyifyer

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes maybe if someone could provide some more... specific... information on how to broadcast i think that would be best here... specific meaning "I have no idea where to start" specific... I'm pretty sure how to book time is pretty well explained at http://electro-music.com/radio/. And if this "oddcast" is so very unsatisfactory is there an alternative?

I see something about free software you need for the P.C... um something about "shoutcast" specifically what software do you need? If someone could spare us lots of head scratching and question-asking that would be great... a bit of advice for the "computer-smart but not-so-internet-broadcast smart-person." Sorry i still find the shoutcast website kind of confusing. Thank you.
rlainhart

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pehr wrote:
How do one book a time in the calendar? I can't figure out. Or isn't it possible yet? Confused

It looks like the New Year's Eve calendar event hasn't been added yet, so there are no slots to book into yet.

I believe that Mosc will announce the opening of the calendar in this topic soon.

http://www.vimeo.com/rlainhart
http://www.youtube.com/rlainhart
http://soundcloud.com/rlainhart
http://twitter.com/rlainhart
http://www.facebook.com/rlainhart
http://richardlainhart.bandcamp.com/
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Call For Participation - New Years Eve Live Streaming Ev
Subject description: Let's welcome in 2008 with some electro-music
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
electro-music.com live streaming New Years travelling concert.
Electro-music.com live streaming New Years travelling concert.
Is there a thread for this year's stream? Is it being advertised anywhere? Let's get this thing going to welcome in 2009 and PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE the hell out of this all over the frelling internet so that more than just our tiny little electro-music.com community knows about it. LET'S GET US SOME LISTENERS!!!!
--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Call For Participation - New Years Eve Live Streaming Ev

djfoxyfox wrote:
LET'S GET US SOME LISTENERS!!!!

first we need performers Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Call For Participation - New Years Eve Live Streaming Ev

seraph wrote:
djfoxyfox wrote:
LET'S GET US SOME LISTENERS!!!!
first we need performers Wink
OK. I'll be at Howard's and we'll take 11 pm to midnight in GMT-5:00 which will be 4 to 5 am New Year's Day in the UK. Put out the call and musicians will come. But this thing needs to be announced. How does that get done around here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard said he was going to set up an event sign up sheet on Google Calendar

I guess those who might be interested in playing are waiting patiently for this. I know I am Smile

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:

I guess those who might be interested in playing are waiting patiently for this. I know I am Smile

Yes, I am waiting too.

Home,My Studio,and another view
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
Where did Howard say that? Can you post a link to his post? If I'm to advertise this outside of the electro-music forum, I need to be able to point to a post, an announcement.

We ALL need to post announcements outside of this forum if we want a wider audience than just ourselves.

Cheers,

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:
Where did Howard say that? Can you post a link to his post? If I'm to advertise this outside of the electro-music forum, I need to be able to point to a post, an announcement.

We ALL need to post announcements outside of this forum if we want a wider audience than just ourselves.

Cheers,

not that many posts back in this thread, here, on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:28 pm

mosc wrote:
Yes, let's do it again. This we we all have less money to spend on travel and New Years celebrating. We might as well as stay home and party together. I'm going to set up a sign up sheet using a public Google calendar. I think that might be a nice way to do it. Watch this topic for details.

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
So all I had to do was scroll back a few messages! My face is red... Embarassed
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:
So all I had to do was scroll back a few messages! My face is red... Embarassed

Ah, but you had to know that it was there to know where to look for it Wink

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And if this "oddcast" is so very unsatisfactory is there an alternative?

It seemed to work for me so it seems hit or miss??. I had a "clean" ,modest, PC running "Win. XP with SP2" with a Pentium 4 (2.4GHz) and 1 GB of memory using an Asus Mobo and M-Audio Delta 44 bringing in the decks and FX .... no dropouts were reported during my hour long broadcast on the chat so I assume all went well Very Happy By clean, I mean, don't run Firewall and AV software or else your looking for troubles. Wink

Quote:
I see something about free software you need for the P.C... um something about "shoutcast" specifically what software do you need? If someone could spare us lots of head scratching and question-asking that would be great... a bit of advice for the "computer-smart but not-so-internet-broadcast smart-person." Sorry i still find the shoutcast website kind of confusing. Thank you.

If your referring to the listening end, then just associate your Shoutcast PLS links to something like Winamp when you choose to listen in on a station.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:

It seemed to work for me so it seems hit or miss??

No, oddcast works OK on XP and it's not demanding at all. Here is a link : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-13780.html for how to set it up.

I see they have a new version called EdCast.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No, oddcast works OK on XP and it's not demanding at all. Here is a link : http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-13780.html for how to set it up.

Thanks for confirming that. Wink Yes, these instructions are what I used last year and they are very good. Follow them to the letter and nobody will have issues. THANKS Very Happy

Bill
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

I tend to agree with Bill on this, tell friends, family, post in different forums. This is what I do and it lands a few more listeners. It's more exciting when you know there are maybe 50 to 100 listeners out there jamming to your music Wink maybe even something right on the electro-music home page ... a banner or something ........

Bill
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:

It seemed to work for me so it seems hit or miss??. I had a "clean" ,modest, PC running "Win. XP with SP2" with a Pentium 4 (2.4GHz) and 1 GB of memory using an Asus Mobo and M-Audio Delta 44 bringing in the decks and FX .... no dropouts were reported during my hour long broadcast on the chat so I assume all went well Very Happy By clean, I mean, don't run Firewall and AV software or else your looking for troubles. Wink

You did some Buchla stuff? Through my intoxicated haze I remember I enjoyed that immensly, so no problems with that webcast. Very Happy

/Stefan

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You did some Buchla stuff? Through my intoxicated haze I remember I enjoyed that immensely, so no problems with that webcast.

Stefan,

Can't take credit for that but I don't remember the chaps name that did perform using a Buchla. Yes, he was excellent. I think he had a Webcam also snapping off shots from his studio like every 10 seconds or something?

I will try and remember ....... anyone else remember???

Bill
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Richard Lainhart, he did "Improvisations for Buchla and Continuum", too bad the music is still not available online here Crying or Very sad
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Richard Lainhart, he did "Improvisations for Buchla and Continuum", too bad the music is still not available online here Crying or Very sad
Speaking of availability, I'd like to remind everyone that I host Galactic Travels to present electronic music. If you are interested in having your music heard in the Lehigh Valley (where Howard and I live) and, indeed, world-wide, please send me your music for consideration. If you are interested, please read the DETAILS on how to submit music.

You can listen on-line to WDIY here. Galactic Travels airs each Thursday at 11:04 pm GMT-5. I'm sorry, but that's a very uncivilized hour Friday morning in Europe.

Cheers,

ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
State Machine wrote:
Quote:

Unlike Nicecast, which captures the output of your DAW , Oddcast only captured the first two inputs from our MOTU 828 last year.
We used all 8 ins (2 for each) and expected to come out as a master mix.
We should have used a mixer instead of pluging in directly into the audio interface.
The result was listeners only heard tracks 1 and 2.

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:
You did some Buchla stuff? Through my intoxicated haze I remember I enjoyed that immensely, so no problems with that webcast.

Stefan,

Can't take credit for that but I don't remember the chaps name that did perform using a Buchla. Yes, he was excellent. I think he had a Webcam also snapping off shots from his studio like every 10 seconds or something?

Oops! Embarassed Sorry... I blame said intoxication. drunken

Anyway, I do remember enjoying your performance immensly, even if I confuse the actual sound with Lainhart (who was also great) now. Enough rambling from me.

/Stefan

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ocp wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
State Machine wrote:
Quote:
Unlike Nicecast, which captures the output of your DAW , Oddcast only captured the first two inputs from our MOTU 828 last year. We used all 8 ins (2 for each) and expected to come out as a master mix. We should have used a mixer instead of pluging in directly into the audio interface. The result was listeners only heard tracks 1 and 2.
Perhaps Edcast has fixed this? Time to test that out. Please let us know what you find out.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must apologize. I tried and tried to set up something on Google calendar where people could sign up without interacting with me. I haven't yet been able to figure it out. Crying or Very sad I guess the prudent thing to do is give up an proceed.

So, if you wish to participate, just send me a PM by clicking on the PM button at the bottom of this post. I'll manually send you your server/password you can use for immediate testing. Tell me:

What name you want listed as performer.
A couple of sentences about what you will be doing.
Location you will be streaming from.
Time you prefer in GMT.

I'll add this information to a Google Calendar page that all can see.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 8 of 9 [203 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: