electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
nord in the usa
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: nord in the usa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys,

I came across this today.

http://www.armadilloent.com/nord.html

Sigh, this is not a nice sign, given Armadillo has been the exclusive Nord distributor since before the Nord brand name! they sold (and continue to sell) ddrum (which they acquired from clavia) a while ago

Sad

I don't know who will replace them.
/Dasz

Last edited by dasz on Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also see : http://electro-music.com/forum/post-222842.html

Wonder what's going on ...

varice

G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is a sudden and surprising notice. NordUSA had just updated the website and announced new support for Nord accessories.

I wonder if there were tensions between Armadillo and Clavia. Interesting that Armadillo singled out the Electro 3 in the announcement. Since the Electro 3 is already shipping outside the US, maybe frustration over Clavia not supplying it here in the US was "the last straw...."

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:

I wonder if there were tensions between Armadillo and Clavia. Interesting that Armadillo singled out the Electro 3 in the announcement. Since the Electro 3 is already shipping outside the US, maybe frustration over Clavia not supplying it here in the US was "the last straw...."

Or maybe Clavia was willing to ship the Electro 3 to the USA, but Armadillo was not willing to sell it.

If Clavia wishes to remain a going concern, it is hard to believe that they will be able to avoid selling their products in the USA for long.
varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:

Or maybe Clavia was willing to ship the Electro 3 to the USA, but Armadillo was not willing to sell it.

If Clavia wishes to remain a going concern, it is hard to believe that they will be able to avoid selling their products in the USA for long.

Why would Armadillo not want to sell it? No, NordUSA had already announced the Electro 3 on their website but could not commit to when it would be available. I don't think they would do that if they never intended to sell it here.

It will be interesting to see who picks up the distribution. The US market is too large to ignore.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
The US market is too large to ignore.

There are some nasty issues with exchange rates and importing stuff into the USA ...

ark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
There are some nasty issues with exchange rates and importing stuff into the USA ...
Indeed... But between July 21 and December 5, 2008, the US Dollar went from 5.95 Swedish kroner to 8.49 kroner. That's a huge shift in the direction of making Sweden->USA exports easier.
ark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have learned that it seems to have been Clavia, not Armadillo, who terminated the relationship, and that nothing unusual seems to be happening in Canada.
varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:
I have learned that it seems to have been Clavia, not Armadillo, who terminated the relationship....

Would you please reveal the source of this information?

ark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:

Would you please reveal the source of this information?

The person who gave me the information said it was OK for me to pass it along to electro-music.com, but not to reveal its source. Sorry.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:
but not to reveal its source. Sorry.

Lol, but I guess we can assume it's a US source Wink

varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
ark wrote:

Jason of Armadillo just posted a reply, but then removed it. Did anyone else see it before it was removed?

SynthLord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
ark wrote:

Jason of Armadillo just posted a reply, but then removed it. Did anyone else see it before it was removed?

Sorry - need to reword it.

Will post a little later.

varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SynthLord wrote:
varice wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
ark wrote:

Sorry - need to reword it.

Will post a little later.

OK - thanks Jason.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Had seen Jason browsing around here and was just about to suggest that maybe he could write a bit ... but missed on the post ... anyway ... please take your time Jason!
SynthLord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the cloak-and-dagger routine, but I wanted to ensure there was some interest before barging in. Also, we're in the midst of negotiations, so I don't want to overstep my bounds here. Please note that the following is all I'll contribute to the discussion:

Yes, Armadillo was terminated as distributor in the USA. Why? We don't really know, but we do know it wasn't a performance issue. Who their new dist. is, I don't know yet, but I imagine they'll be revealed soon.

Regarding the Electro3 ... when we were given notice, we had only a single shipment of them coming to the USA, and they would have arrived in late Dec., roughly 2 weeks before our termination date of Jan. 11th. Introducing a new product, even minimally, is a pretty heavy task, and we didn't want to go to any trouble (and expense) when we wouldn't be the one to reap the rewards.

So whoever the new dist. is, whenever they'll get set up with dealers and start shipping, they'll be the one to set pricing and announce a ship date for the Electro3 in the USA. The answers to these questions are as much your guess as mine as of this post.

Again - and not sound like a jerk here - the above is the only comment I'll make until the transition is over, so please don't PM or email me looking for something more juicy; this is all there is that's relevant to users.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Jason for taking the time to inform us!
varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SynthLord wrote:
Sorry for the cloak-and-dagger routine, but I wanted to ensure there was some interest before barging in. Also, we're in the midst of negotiations, so I don't want to overstep my bounds here. Please note that the following is all I'll contribute to the discussion:

Yes, Armadillo was terminated as distributor in the USA. Why? We don't really know, but we do know it wasn't a performance issue. Who their new dist. is, I don't know yet, but I imagine they'll be revealed soon.

Regarding the Electro3 ... when we were given notice, we had only a single shipment of them coming to the USA, and they would have arrived in late Dec., roughly 2 weeks before our termination date of Jan. 11th. Introducing a new product, even minimally, is a pretty heavy task, and we didn't want to go to any trouble (and expense) when we wouldn't be the one to reap the rewards.

So whoever the new dist. is, whenever they'll get set up with dealers and start shipping, they'll be the one to set pricing and announce a ship date for the Electro3 in the USA. The answers to these questions are as much your guess as mine as of this post.

Again - and not sound like a jerk here - the above is the only comment I'll make until the transition is over, so please don't PM or email me looking for something more juicy; this is all there is that's relevant to users.

Jason,

Thanks again for the information. I know this is a delicate matter and that you did not have to comment. Sorry to hear this news, I wish you luck with your negotiations.

varice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
ark wrote:

Why would Armadillo not want to sell it? No, NordUSA had already announced the Electro 3 on their website but could not commit to when it would be available. I don't think they would do that if they never intended to sell it here....

Good call ark. Of course Armadillo would not want to commit to any new Clavia business since they had already been notified that Clavia had terminated the distribution agreement.

SynthLord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
varice wrote:
ark wrote:

Why would Armadillo not want to sell it? No, NordUSA had already announced the Electro 3 on their website but could not commit to when it would be available. I don't think they would do that if they never intended to sell it here....

Good call ark. Of course Armadillo would not want to commit to any new Clavia business since they had already been notified that Clavia had terminated the distribution agreement.

Really, it was just to stem the tide of availability & pricing requests I got via email in the weeks following the Electro3 announcement. Wink

ark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nord's new USA distributor will be American Music and Sound (not to be confused with the Nord dealer named American Musical Supply, which has the same initials), which currently distributes Novation, Focusrite, Vestax, and Allen & Heath in the USA.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But Clavia has to touch up the website a bit Laughing links like

http://www.nordkeyboards.se/http.//www.americanmusicandsound.com

will not work Wink

dasz

G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that link looked not right.

clavia just announced the new distributor. check out
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp

Quote:
AMERICAN MUSIC & SOUND EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTOR OF NORD PRODUCTS IN USA We are very pleased to appoint AM&S as our exclusive distributor of Nord products in the United States effective January 12, 2009. AM&S plans to commence operations on or around April 1st 2009. Visit the AM&S website."We are very pleased to announce American Music & Sound as our new exclusive distributor in USA," states Nord's Manager of International Sales, Tomas Enochsson. "They have a long history and exceptional performance in Pro Audio and MI product distribution and are in a perfect position to market our products through their existing channels as well as opening up new avenues for Nord."

"Nord brings an amazing legacy of incredible sounding keyboards and has always been known as a player's instrument," says Lynn Martin, President of American Music & Sound. "We are excited to have them on board."

Hence, I've renamed the topic. Smile
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: