electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
CRACKLEBOX lm709 replacement
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: CRACKLEBOX lm709 replacement Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to let people know, though i am no expert, I just made a really cool sounding cracklebox with a stock MOUSER part. The NTE 909d (14pin dip)
works very well as a cheap and easy to find replacement for the lm709. I was afraid to try it since everyone said you cant use a modern opamp, but this is listed on mouser as a replacement for the 709.

check it out.
doobedy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick confirmation on this somewhat ancient post for future cracklebox builders, the NTE 909 or 909d do work exactly the same as the LM709 series op amps.

I just breadboarded a metal can version I found locally at Frys and it does everything a cracklebox should Smile
etaoin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And for people who don't know, I still have eight SN72709 lying around that I'll give away to anyone who pays shipping (which will be around $2 worldwide). I can't guarantee they work, so I'll give two each to the first four people who want one. PM only please, no need to mess up loss's thread.
etaoin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My SN72709 are all spoken for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: