electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Resonator Section of Polymoog ...
Page 1 of 6 [129 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Interested?
Interested
95%
 95%  [ 43 ]
Not intersted
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 45

jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Resonator Section of Polymoog ...
Subject description: ... as a standalone module?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Evaluating this ...

JH.

resonator_modes.jpg
 Description:
Complex filter courves - a lot more complex than your ordinary parametric EQ, I'd say ...
 Filesize:  103.58 KB
 Viewed:  760 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

resonator_modes.jpg

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the curves look cool, but i've never played a polymoog so i'm not sure what the sound would be like. is this at all akin the korg ps3000 resonator that was cloned by fonik? samples, or pointers to samples of the thing in use would help.

b

jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bbob wrote:
the curves look cool, but i've never played a polymoog so i'm not sure what the sound would be like. is this at all akin the korg ps3000 resonator that was cloned by fonik? samples, or pointers to samples of the thing in use would help.

b

I don't know about fonik's clone, but I can assure you the Polymoog Resonators are very different from the PS3100 Resonators that I cloned, once upon a time. Smile

I don't habe any samples yet.

But I'm sure there are Polymoog demos out there, that feature the resonator section.
Does anybody have any links?

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)

Last edited by jhaible on Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm building Fonik's PS3100 resonators as well but would be curious to hear/learn more about these and how they differ from the Korg resonators. Could be on board for this.
machine.cuisine

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in getting info on it...I have a Polymoog which has been completely taken apart.
I've thought about trying to take the Resonator section out and use it stand-alone, but I don't have any service docs.
guitarfool

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

I don't know about fonik's clone, but I can assure you the Polymoog Resonators are very different from the PS3100 Resonators that I cloned, once upon a time. Smile

That wouldn't happen to be the MOTM 410, would it? Anyway, I agree that it's not the same as your plot for the Polymoog. If you decide to do it, I'm in for a couple Very Happy
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want Smile
Spratty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm rather curious about the polymoog resonator - I've read about the thing a few times on the web. Resonators in general sound interesting, but I'd be curious to know how this one sounds. As per JH's previous post, if someone has some clips or knows a link, I'd appreciate it (even if I don't buy a board!)

Spratty Wink
Electronicant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I´m interested too. Some of you may saw this post from Kenneth Elhardt: http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/post-55621.html#55621

Seems like a very nice module Smile
TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something like this ,yes but with 8 bands on one pcb. Very Happy
yusynth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ken Elhardt 's just posted a video demonstrating the possibilities of this filter section :
http://www.youtube.com/v/_XUiJi5153Y

Electronicant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, I was just about to post it Smile

Beautiful sounds!!
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusynth wrote:
Ken Elhardt 's just posted a video demonstrating the possibilities of this filter section :
http://www.youtube.com/v/_XUiJi5153Y

If only he could have switched of that verb then WE REALY could hear how this filter sounds,because a typical (dry) JP-8 brass sound does not sound like that at all...
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:

yup, why allways "just" cloning ?
1 vote for 5 Bands, but i take it also with 8 Laughing , ................ or 3 Wink, or 12 Laughing
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:
TekniK wrote:

1 vote for 5 Bands, but i take it also with 8 Laughing , ................ or 3 Wink, or 12 Laughing

I'll make it stackable. Buy 2 PCBs for 6 bands etc. No problem - its' DIY !!

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Funky40 wrote:
TekniK wrote:

I'll make it stackable. Buy 2 PCBs for 6 bands etc. No problem - its' DIY !!

JH.

great am in for some for sure
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've started making the PCB layout!

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
I've started making the PCB layout!

JH.

Cool

you r brilliant
numbertalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woo hoo!
jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This was an easy one to layout.

And it will be an easy project to solder, this time!

And unexpensive, too. Depends on the potentiometers or sliders you're going to use. PCB will be 27 Euros as usual. Electronic
components will be very unexpensive. Potentiometers, enclosure etc will make the biggest part of the bill here.

I've painstakingly taken care to preserve the character of the original, using the same low slewrate opamps, MOSFET switches, and DC
bias (which results in very unsymmetric headroom) as the original.
You can use modern opamps instead, of course. And there is plenty of space to use whatever capacitors you like, in the filter
sections. No problem to go for a High End version with polystyrene caps and modern audio opamps, if you like. But you can - and I
will, for my self - just build it like the original.

Send me an email if you're interested in this. If I get enough "resonance", I will start a PCB run in a month or so.

(No audio demos yet - I must first have one prototype made for myself!)

JH.

poly_m_reso_preview.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.96 KB
 Viewed:  828 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

poly_m_reso_preview.jpg

TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wunderbahr

yes am interested,will buy 2 or 3 pcb's

if u could tell whats going on the panel i can start designing already my frontpanels Cool

Last edited by TekniK on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Alison Project

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in.
www.myspace.com/theyakuzacowboys
adambee7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'll have 2 for def please. Very Happy Very Happy
numbertalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Email sent - count me in!
a100user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm interested too

Thanks
Page 1 of 6 [129 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: