electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Famous Fixed Filters - FFF PCB ?
Page 3 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
phdinfunk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Another important fixed filter.
Subject description: ...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
phdinfunk wrote:

One request: The Moog String Filter... God I forget what it's called, maybe someone knows. It was designed as a standalone box to pass sounds through and apply the formants of a violin to it.

Something like this ?
http://www.jhaible.heim.at/string_filter/jh_string_filter.html
Laughing

JH.

Yea!

It took me awhile to surf through your website and read all the backlog on your electro-music forum, but I think I'm now up to speed on which of your projects exist as boards and what they do. Hopefully I'll be asking much more informed questions from this point forward..... hopefully Wink.

Thanks,

Jonathan
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on Fixed Filters right now

Roland SH5 Band Pass filter is part of it for sure now. (Not fixed but manually controlled)

Also, a "Filter Farm" that can be configured into a lot of different functions, like Vocoder Plus VP330 Human Voice, or the Cello / Viola / Violin filters to complement the String filter project.

I think the "Filter Farm" concept will be useful, as it provides more possibilities that I could stuff into a certain size of PCB in implementing it all parallel.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)

Last edited by jhaible on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
guitarfool

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Also, a "Filter Farm" that can be configured into a lot of different functions, like Vocoder Plus VP330 Human Voice, of the Cello / Viola / Violin filters to complement the String filter project.

I think the "Filter Farm" concept will be useful, as it provides more possibilities that I could stuff into a certain size of PCB in implementing it all parallel.

JH.

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me! A board that could be configured for several complex fixed filters like that would have quite a few uses. I would probably need more than 4 Very Happy
lexvortex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi JH,

I love your Male 8' demo! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for Cool I'm looking forward to the development of this project Very Happy

Dave
Electronicant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Roland SH5 Band Pass filter is part of it for sure now. (Not fixed but manually controlled)

Also, a "Filter Farm" that can be configured into a lot of different functions, like Vocoder Plus VP330 Human Voice, or the Cello / Viola / Violin filters to complement the String filter project.

JH.

When you say that the SH5 BPF is part of it, do you mean as one of several BPF´s?
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electronicant wrote:
jhaible wrote:

JH.

When you say that the SH5 BPF is part of it, do you mean as one of several BPF´s?

Yes. I mean to put a SH5 BPF clone there (it's just two dual opamps, after all), plus a bunch of fixed filters that can be configured into classic formant filters, such as the 330 "human voice", and others.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
Electronicant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. I have not much knowledge about fixed filters, but will there be a sound/preset from SH5 clone alone or are the bunch of presets derived from it?

Btw, the Moog Opus 3 has a nice 24 dB LP/BP/HP filter. I have´nt seen anyone making a clone of it yet but it could indeed fit in somewhere..Smile
riley smith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Famous Fixed Filters
Subject description: Arp Pro Soloist has fixed filters
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Arp Pro Solist has 10 fixed formant filters and an interesting "switching system" (which might also be a cool idea to include). It can put any number of these in parallel.

Cello 1, 2 & 3, Violin 1, 2 & 3, English Horn, Oboe, Electric Piano, E. Bass

I downloaded the service manual from the web (can't remember where). I was surprised to discover how advanced the Soloist was for its day.

- Riley
lexvortex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey JH, how is the development of this project coming along? I'm looking for a fixed filter project and this and the vocoder project are of the most interest Smile

Cheers,
Dave
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lexvortex wrote:
Hey JH, how is the development of this project coming along? I'm looking for a fixed filter project and this and the vocoder project are of the most interest Smile

Cheers,
Dave

It's not forgotten. That's all I can say about it at the moment.

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok if its not forgotten,thats the most importand Wink
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about a Buchla 195 like filter?
Maybe with build in vca's on each stage.
macumbista

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
What about a Buchla 195 like filter?
Maybe with build in vca's on each stage.

I would go for one of those in a quick instant!!!!!!! I luuuuuuuv that filter!

Minimalist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Is this project still a possibility? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just wondering if there is any progress on this design, sounded like a great idea.
macumbista

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Yu_FFB_PCB.html
Page 3 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: