electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
recording notes into a sequencer!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
poop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: recording notes into a sequencer! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey all-

i'm wondering if anyone can help show me how to get the nord g2 to record notes that i play on the keyboard like a regular sequencer.

I know about the note sequencer but i need something that records the gate info and the note info in ideally a 32 step sequence.

thanks for the help!

matt
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Matt,

welcome to the forum.

I'm not really into sequencing myself but thought this http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-2420.html might help you maybe.

It will need some modifications to record from the keyboard, but it's an example of how to record longer sequences.

This one http://www.clavia.se/News/LiveTools.htm might be interesting as well.

Jan.
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: recording notes into a sequencer! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

poop wrote:
hey all-

i'm wondering if anyone can help show me how to get the nord g2 to record notes that i play on the keyboard like a regular sequencer.

I know about the note sequencer but i need something that records the gate info and the note info in ideally a 32 step sequence.

thanks for the help!

matt

In the G2 manual is a simple patch example. In the module reference section at the sequencer section. Might be a starting point.
poop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the help man. i've tried that live tools thing but that thing is worthless as it goes out of sync and records really strangely.

if you know of any other things please let me know... i'll be forever grateful.

later
matt

Blue Hell wrote:
Hi Matt,

welcome to the forum.

I'm not really into sequencing myself but thought this http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-2420.html might help you maybe.

It will need some modifications to record from the keyboard, but it's an example of how to record longer sequences.

This one http://www.clavia.se/News/LiveTools.htm might be interesting as well.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Poop, to the forum.

I don't think the G2 has the capability to record MIDI streams, even though there are some simple demo patches that can do a rudimentary job of it. I'd use some conventional sequencer for that task. Similarly, while it is possible to record some short samples with the G2, I personally don't consider it capable of sampling. I'd use a real sampler for that too. Just my opinion

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grimley

G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I've been trying to do something similiar ... well not really!!!
What I'm trying to do is emulate the chord memory function on the Korg Karma. I need to be able to hold a chord and assign the notes to a button on the front panel, then when I hit the button again the G2 plays the chord. Right now I'm doing this manually by having a toggle switch gate some midi note sends that I program in the editor. Not ideal!!
-grimley
Dewb

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey grimley, I took a stab at your chord memory problem, and posted the patch here.
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just posted some patches that tried that goal for realtime input... actually i spend quite a while and I am probably close to the max what is actually possible with the given sequencer modules on a 16th resolution...Quite a view extra circuits necessary to track gatetimes and triggers propperly..
But i guess that there is allways sombody with a better idea Wink..so if this is the case i like to see that solution.
The limit in my seq is that a repated 16th note seq on the same pitch will end in one long note of that pitch... a solution might be to have a seperated gatetime sequencer that runs twice as fast as the pitch sequencer...I however got a bit tired on that item and maybe will wait what the next big update will bring..
I guess latest in next february clavia will reach the 2.0 state...
But we will see
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: