electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
GREAT CONTROLLER FOR THE G2 ENGINE !!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: GREAT CONTROLLER FOR THE G2 ENGINE !!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Laughing

Actually It could be a good solution If u have a NM Classic, just use this patch that I've found on the Blue Hell 's site, thanks Jan Twisted Evil

MidiCC's.pch
 Description:
Basic midi controller

Download
 Filename:  MidiCC's.pch
 Filesize:  1.59 KB
 Downloaded:  379 Time(s)

gomidas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just got the idea recently cos' I was looking for a midi controller but I've spend all my money buying my two G2 Engine Embarassed (so happy with them)
Ain't got no money, even for the BCR2000 Laughing
And the NM Classic has more knobs than the G2 Key AH AH AH AH
I'm definitly in love with my G1 when I bought the Engine instead of the key version it was for the price, never though that my nord modular (G1) could
handle the midi controller part , how fool I was Very Happy
I think I can manage many patchs for controlling my G2 parametres, logic and vst plugs... (like they did for the G2)
I've dedicate one slot for the midi control, I must think of a good way to manage all this for live performances, maybe use the slot EDIT in real time , this way the G1 can control much moreCC# (18 knobs is not enough) . Twisted Evil

MIDIControllers.pch
 Description:
Midi controllers

Download
 Filename:  MIDIControllers.pch
 Filesize:  6.95 KB
 Downloaded:  366 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GREAT CONTROLLER FOR THE G2 ENGINE !!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:

Actually It could be a good solution If u have a NM Classic, just use this patch that I've found on the Blue Hell 's site, thanks Jan

Funny, after a Classic patch posted by Sven Röhrig on the NM list this evening I was thinking about hooking up the Classic again. Shortly after I was thinking of why not to use it as a controller for the G2 ...

I now miss the ability to try G2 keyboard patches posted here and on the list.

But then I got distracted a bit by the DSP resource allocation strategy used on the NM's, and how that was similar to a memory allocation strategy I need for the Forth compiler I'm working on

Are you sure you found that patch on my site ? I don't remember ... could be usefull though, now where the hell is that midisport thingy ... damn I'll need a USB hub as wel.

Ok, time to rearange things a bit, I'll have a look at those patches you posted !

Jan.
gomidas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Are you sure you found that patch on my site ?

As I remenber I was browsing your user page http://www.iaf.nl/Users/BlueHell/html/nm/nm-links.htm , when I've found the Ico's Classic patch search engine Laughing
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so it's from Ico's site. That makes sense.

Meanwhile I got everything connected. I was hoping to be able to control G2 and Classic from the same laptop using a midisport 2x2 for the Classic but unfortunately that doesn't work very well.

Don't know yet what causes it but the G2 editor has long periods in which it isn't responsive to mouse and keyboard, really dead more, and then after some five seconds or so it starts working again.

The Classic is flawless though, I had feared for the dreaded lost connection dialogs to pop up frequently but didn't see 'm yet.

I'm going to try some USB permutations now.

Jan.
gomidas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I was hoping to be able to control G2 and Classic from the same laptop using a midisport 2x2 for the Classic but unfortunately that doesn't work very well.

Did you try to chain them with MIDI THRU?

---

At the moment I'm just happy to have 18 knobs(NM Classic) for controlling the G2 Engine, I just have to dedicate one slot of the NM Classic and use it as my master keyboard through my seq.I just have to assign CC# of my G2 Engine patchs.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:
Quote:
I was hoping to be able to control G2 and Classic from the same laptop using a midisport 2x2 for the Classic but unfortunately that doesn't work very well.

Did you try to chain them with MIDI THRU?

No there is not a MIDI issue but a USB issue with hubs and G2s and a midiman.

When I connect the midiman to one USB connector on the laptop to be able to use the Classic editor and I connect a USB hub to the laptop's other USB connector to be able to control 2 G2 racks the G2 editor goes weird and I get spontaneous reboots of the laptop.

However when I run the midiman and one of the G2s through the USB hub and the other G2 is connected to the laptop directly thing s seem to go better.

Have to see how it holds up now, I suspect the midiman driver to be the cause of trouble (as it had given me blue screens with older driver versions before), so maybe I'll need another driver at some stage.

But the USB hub is kind of suspect as well, out of the box it started talking to me and so I had to cut it's internal speaker wires. Not a good sign IMO, talking hubs jig, how dare they, there should be laws forbidding that !!

But I do have a keyboard now and some knobs, so that's good.

Jan.
gomidas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see, those hubs are so unstable Sad

At this time I have my two g2 Engine connected directly in my two usb (1.0) ports on my laptop using the 1.24 Editor and it's stable, the NM classic editor is connected in my desktop computer using the edirol UM-1S wich is a
good USB midi interface actually.
As they use different computers , I got no conflict problems with the editors and the usb.I think the solution is to have a laptop with four usb ports to avoid hubs.

I hope you'll find the solution... Wink
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The last connection method I described still works :!)

And I found something weird in the NM Classic.

When I set slot A to MIDI channel 1, B to 2 etc. and I then play in slot B midi notes are sent in channel 1 and 2, when I play slot C it sends in channels 2 and 3 etc. This is with keyboard mode set to 'selecte slots', but I have only one slot selected.

When I set the Classsic send to 'active slot' things are alright though.

This is a keybard only problem, the MIDI CCs don't have this problem.

Working on a keyboard controlled noodle now, for a change.

Jan.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: