electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Google Buys electro-music.com
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:  Google Buys electro-music.com Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Google CEO, Eric Schmidt, PhD
Google and electro-music.com today announced at a news conference in Sysma, Finland that Google will acquire electro-music.com for an undisclosed amount. Google has taken over other internet start ups in the past, including YouTube.com. Google CEO, Eric Schmidt, when contacted at a secret location near Soujärvi said, "We are every excited about this deal with electro-music.com, a site that is rapidly becoming the most significant internet property for forward looking music. The electro-music.com editorial board is among the most distinguished in the musical field. electro-music.com's recent entry into internet streaming has electrified the artistic world. Rock and Hip Hop are dead, electro-music is where it's at. Steve Jobs, eat your heart out." When asked if this acquisition would boost Google's slumping stock price, Schmidt just smiled and said, "Duh."

Mosc, editor-in-chief
Howard Moscovitz, AKA mosc, editor-in-chief of electro-music.com was more circumspect. "We are only in this for the money. Now's the time to get money from Google because Eric has been doing at Google about as well as he did with Sun and Novell. I don't think Google will have the cash for long. Our moto has always been, "Take what you can get when you can get it." We do, however, love Google's motto even more, "Do no evil." What's so impressive is the way they do no evil while exploiting copyrights and profiting from people's work without compensating them in any way."

Lutefisk
Moscovitz and the editors of electro-music.com are said to have agreed to stay on for a least the next two years at very significant salaries. One editor from Italy, is reported to have said, "This money will help us prepare for the 4th dimensional malevolent aliens who are in the process of subjugating Earthlings." Another editor from Norway said, "I look forward to showing Eric a good time next time he visits Norway. I'll get him the best Lutefisk he has ever had, and I'll show him my new dotcom rig." Yet another editor from The Netherlands said, "I told you years ago that this was going to happen. Google and Apple have been fighting to get control over the ChucK programming language. This is just one more step towards that goal. Schmidt blew it with Java, he's not going to let ChucK get away from him. "

In a public statement, Moscovitz told the members of electro-music.com, "Do not worry, Google's money will not change the site in any way, except for the personal information that will now be stored in Google's database. This is actually a good thing, fellow electro-musicans; the more Google knows about you, the better life becomes. Just bend over and learn to enjoy it."

April Fools...

Last edited by mosc on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am so happy that I bought electro-music.com stock when I did! I kept telling RF - "LOOK Bruce! EM is going to be HUGE! Even bigger than GM or something! You've GOT to buy stock too!"

And look - RF didn't buy any and LOOK WHERE I AM, NOW! Cool
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! That Lutefisk really DOES look good!!
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rats.

All my investment money went to GM...and Chrysler...
and AIG..and Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, PNC Financial Services, U.S. Bancorp, SunTrust, Capital One Financial Corp, Regions Financial Corp., Fifth Third Bancorp, BB&T, Bank of New York Mellon and KeyCorp...

I just didn't have enough left for E-M stock.

I'm all in for a plate of Lutefisk, though.....

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Howard! Our brilliant CEO Exclamation We now own the secret weapon to subjugate the few remaining Earthlings Idea Let's get busy Cool
I knew all our sacrifices would, one day, pay off Exclamation Stock options galore Exclamation
salut thumleft thumright well done well-done Hail the Master banana beer wave wow!

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did google get that hat in the deal as well Howard?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You capitalist pigs!!! How dare you feed me Lutefisk while I'm asleep! Laughing
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: April Fools!
Subject description: Dreaming the big dream.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy April 1 everybody!

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RFBB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whaaaassssuuuup Money Mosc?! That's some funny shit man. Funny shit indeed.

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What? You mean it's not REAL? OMG!
W.T.

G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

April Fools' Day i guess . . Rolling Eyes
slepian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject:  Electro-Giggle
Subject description: Stimulus to all Electro-Musicians
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clearly the uncontrolled voltage is arcing across your rig, from module to module, formenting a major noodle in your noggin. So glad to be a part of this all. Howard, where is my BONUS? WHERE IS MY BONUS??? If Google is upoan us, if the government will loan us, where is my bonus?

Please hold a barbeque immediately and invite us all down. Time to celebrate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess this is the end of the electro-music festival for at least the next two years.
Damn I put all my money in Dr Enuf.
Laughing

airlock

Audio files: 52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Best goof I've seen all day.
velva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

H-mo is a righteous dude.
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, goody. Now I've got my opportunity to be stepped on by another big company.

Well, not so big by the time I was stepped on. Maybe worse news for Google than for me. Twisted Evil

PS: Hey, Howard, Glenn Kotche was really good last night. And the first K.U. World Percussion Ensemble piece of the evening was "Parsonova," named for but not by yours truly. Missed you.

Summer break is coming, see you soon.

GaryRea

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Buys electro-music.com Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
We do, however, love Google's motto even more, "Do no evil." What's so impressive is the way they do no evil while exploiting copyrights and profiting from people's work without compensating them in any way."

Yeah, well, you've left out their participation, along with Microsoft and Yahoo, of building in censorship of the net in communist China.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4645596.stm

http://amiestreet.com/music/gary-rea/reinvention/
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Buys electro-music.com Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GaryRea wrote:
mosc wrote:
We do, however, love Google's motto even more, "Do no evil." What's so impressive is the way they do no evil while exploiting copyrights and profiting from people's work without compensating them in any way."

Yeah, well, you've left out their participation, along with Microsoft and Yahoo, of building in censorship of the net in communist China.

Yep "Do no evil (apart from to make a profit)" Google
GaryRea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Buys electro-music.com Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
GaryRea wrote:
mosc wrote:

I have nothing against anyone making a profit - it's what they're profiting from. In this instance, they're profiting from keeping billions of people from knowing what it going on in the world. That, as far as I'm concerned, is evil.

Gary

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Buys electro-music.com Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GaryRea wrote:

I have nothing against anyone making a profit - it's what they're profiting from. In this instance, they're profiting from keeping billions of people from knowing what it going on in the world. That, as far as I'm concerned, is evil.

you are right Exclamation

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not quite sure if you read what I said correctly Gary, I said:

I was not to saying making a profit was evil I was saying Google does no evil unless it gets in the way of making a profit.
GaryRea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Not quite sure if you read what I said correctly Gary, I said:

I was not to saying making a profit was evil I was saying Google does no evil unless it gets in the way of making a profit.

Ah, I see. Yep, in that case, I agree, Andy.

Gary

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sent an email with a link and it's amazing how many people didn't see this is a joke. I'm going to take it down from the front page after a few more days. I don't want to start to get calls from long lost friends asking me for money. Smile

However, it would sure be nice to have some...

(friends and money, that is)

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best one I ever saw was on the BBC about spaghetti growing on trees.

Originally from 1957 but repeated when I was a Kid and I believed it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must admit that I was suckered in by Howard's joke for about one or two minutes...
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Miscellaneous News
Jump to: