electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Sin of the Week
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
daveb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Sin of the Week Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another track for consideration and review.

http://www.projecttwelve34.com/P1234mp3/SinOfTheWeek.mp3

www.projecttwelve34.com
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dancing dancing xxsun

I like this one, seems light and pretty interesting. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dovdimus Prime

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, yeah thanks for this it's nice. Powerful and lumbering. Nice work.
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I rarely listen to online music but the title was intriguing enough to make me want to find out about it and it was a good thing because I like your tune. I like the guitar part Exclamation
I guess it's you playing salut thumb up well done welcome

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the guitar a lot too.
I might be wrong, but you might actually be touching on stuff done before.. which is a good thing really.. because I miss someone picking this up again. In the late 70s a very gifted german dude released an LP on Virgin, called Blackouts. He used the artist name "Ashra". You might want to check that one out. The amazing thing is that he used very little synths on that LP. Most of what sounds like minimoogs and ARPs is actually his own guitar. That specific album is cool. After "Fish Rising" Steve Hillage went in that direction too. I guess you can find a lot of interesting stuff on his double album called "Live Herald"....1982?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
daveb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, that's me playin' guitar. I read once that the better the guitar player is, the less wha wha you will find in his playing. I guess that explains all the wha wha. Thanks for your kind words everybody.

www.projecttwelve34.com
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/display.php?rev=ashr-black

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

That reviewer is not getting it. The LP is a milestone.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Live Herald

Quote:
LIVE HERALD by Steve HIllage may very well rank in the top ten in many different categories. One: this is an exceptionally recorded Live Album. The mix is incredible, with a truly heavy sound that plays great at low volume as well as high. Two: prog lovers unite! The 70's never had such an inventive musician as Hillage. He surrounds himself with amazing musicians (Todd Rundgren's Utopia) that adeptly perform HIllage's intricate (and quite heavy) tunes masterfully. Three: Guitar!! Steve, at the time, was perhaps the most underrated guitarist. His lead work is superior to many of his constituents, and will leave any guitar lover smiling at his chops, wondering how he pulls them off so cleanly and adeptly--remember, this was recorded in 1977!!

Well, what about the songs? We open up with the Salmon Song, that quietly crescendos into a wonderfully simplistic yet enjoyable riff. The song rocks its way into a four minute structured jam that will simply delight the listener. Next, we have an excerpt to the Solar Music Suite that fades in then segues into Hurdy Gurdy Man with a little interlude, Castle In The Clouds, from HIllage's Gong days. Light In The Sky is next, a rocker about UFO's that ends with a nice little nod to Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. Searching for the Spark is next, which gives the listener a taste of the type of techno music Hillage had in mind for the future. The songs are awesome, Electrick Gypsies, and then the Lunar Music Suite followed by a ten minute guitar solo that mimics Brian May a bit with overlaying echoes. Lastly, we have a cover of the Beatles tune It's All Too Much.

All in all, a wonderful live recording for guitar, prog, and hard rock

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
daveb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will certainly check out the Steve Hillage LP. I read an article in Guitar Player magazine about him. I was too young to really get it though. I would never compare myself to players of that stature. The German artist you mentioned, I will also check him out. I started recording my CD before I had a synth with usable sounds. A lot of the pads are slide guitar parts that I processed to the max to give them a synth texture. If anyone is interested, the thread titled " A New Track by Project Twelve(34)" is also my song. I will try to get a few more tracks turned into mp3's for review on the site.

www.projecttwelve34.com
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: