electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
EU Meet 2009
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: EU Meet 2009 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys,

Maybe we can arrange something for this year.

I am up for getting involved in the organisation of this hopefully with help from some significant others.

Maybe to begin with we can get a list of people who are interested.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moved this here in the vague hope that someone may answer.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be interested, including with planning/helping out. I have been advised that these meets require more than one person's effort to put together.

Home,My Studio,and another view
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep definitely more than one, the more the merrier I would think.

The one in Belgium was quite a big event, maybe we don't need to set our sights that high.

The idea of a few days away somewhere idyllic with a load of musical equipment and meeting people that you know from the forum seems like a good one to me.

So come on guys, who would be interested in attending?
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested Smile

and I could help out with organisation if needed

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JFYI, there is also : http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=mallorca+2009&t=31196

Not sure of it's status, and without any doubt there could be two meetings Wink

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I must admit I hadn't seen that.

Spain sounds fun to me, not easy to drive to though!
trotz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

It's me who was trying to organize the event at Mallorca by using the infraestructure of electronic music festival PING as a way to get us some public space to promote our activities, have some local audience, interact with the other artists (both local and international), etc...

But the festival has suddenly become a bi-annual event, so there will be no PING this year. This brings some problems for our event and I have come to this conclusion regarding an European Modular Event at Mallorca this year:

Positive points
1) I can get cheap rooms in ALL INCLUSIVE at Club Santa Ponsa (that means *free* beer, soft drinks, national branded alcoholic drinks, breakfast buffet, lunch buffet, dinner buffet, cake, ice cream... you name it). You won't left the event hungry or thirsty. The place is quiet and the prices are just right. I can confirm them tomorrow morning. I can get the discount because I have a direct relationship with this place.

Here you have the links to the hotel, one is the official page and the second is a webpage with lots of comments left by guests and a reccomendation rate of 86% (as of today).
http://www.clubsantaponsa.com
http://www.holidaycheck.com/hotel-travel+information_Hotel+Club+Santa+Ponsa-hid_35154.html

2) You can rent a car for a good price and have a resort holiday at the same time!

Negative points
1) The hotel has 137 rooms and we would clearly be only a small part of the guests staying at the hotel. That means much less privacy and more strict regulations on noise, etc...

2) The room for our meetings, synths, concerts, etc... has about 50-60 square meters. It's not very big depending on the number of attendants

3) Mallorca can only be reached by plane or boat and that restricts the chances of people bringing their own equipment.

4) I have looked for other places more similar to the Chateau, but they are much more expensive.

5) I can take responsability for everything related to accomodation. logistics, etc... but I would need help organizing the calendar of activities. Merging our activities with PING was an easy way to get a *very* interesting schedule, but without that we are left to our own. We need someone to coordinate and estimulate a fully-fledged program of activities since I would be far too busy with everything else.

We can also wait for next edition of PING on 2010 (my personal recommendation).

And, of course, I also give my full support to any other suggestions because I'm looking forward *any* European Event, wherever it finally gets celebrated.

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: