electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
The Noodle Album
Page 3 of 3 [75 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BananaPlug wrote:
These have been...

Great, thanks!

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked them both but the WetDry one was my favorite of the two. Nice description of the equipment too.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will post a noodle very soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kijjaz

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my noodle. Coded with one line of ChucK code.
It doesn't sound that good but how it evolves in terms of complexity really fascinates me.

20090331 kijjaz - When Is The Game Gonna Start 01.ck
 Description:
The source code, released in GNU GPL.

Download
 Filename:  20090331 kijjaz - When Is The Game Gonna Start 01.ck
 Filesize:  344 Bytes
 Downloaded:  662 Time(s)

20090331 kijjaz - When Is The Game Gonna Start 01.mp3
 Description:
kijjaz - When Is The Game Gonna Start 01

Download
 Filename:  20090331 kijjaz - When Is The Game Gonna Start 01.mp3
 Filesize:  6.49 MB
 Downloaded:  1282 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kijjaz wrote:
how it evolves in terms of complexity really fascinates me.

Yes, it develops in an interesting way.

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thing I like about *some* of kijjaz's noodles is that he's not afraid to saturate the dac! If I were doing the same thing I'd tame it with AGC or a Dyno or something, but not kijjaz. He's a wild man!
kijjaz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. and especially on this one, all it produces is squarewave, so the signal can be only -1 or 1 wahahahaah -_-"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kijjaz wrote:
Thanks. and especially on this one, all it produces is squarewave, so the signal can be only -1 or 1 wahahahaah -_-"

I swear I heard tonal variation of the square wave, was it only my mind?

kijjaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that's true. It's because the oscillator is self-FM, producing that tonal variation, creating other frequencies in the spectrum also.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's good, my pal kij, because if it was just a frickin square wave I would have had to slap you silly! Naw, I could never do that to my buddy kij, but wouldn't that have been a krazy April fool's joke?
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, we're still waiting on Howard's noodle but I think it's time to wrap it up for this album. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Late submissions are of course permitted, but I just think it's time to start the voting now. You can post your vote or PM it to me, your choice. Vote in any style you like, though I will use secondary votes only for tie-breakers.

The prize, the necklace, I have been wearing almost daily since the beginning of the contest. I like it so much that I'm going to make another one for myself sometime in the future. The item has lost none of it's shine and luster from being worn and I will of course clean it and shine it thoroughly before mailing it out to our lucky winner.

So time to vote everybody! And may the oodliest noodle win! Smile

Les

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, to give you a head's up on the next album, we are thinking of making it a fantasy album, a thing of myths and legends in which we post our songs on that theme. To spark your interest, I present a photo that is similar to the prizes that will be awarded.

Actually the two rings shown below are my own and not for prizes. The one on the left is the ring of Intelligence which gives me a +1 on magic, lol, and is actually made of 200 tiny little Sterling silver rings. The one on the right is the ring of Enlightenment which boosts both intelligence and wisdom by +1 each. This latter ring is made from a bronze candlestick holder and it is so powerful that it will leave a tarnish stain on your finger if you wear it for a day or two, haha.

Both rings are sized for my big fat fingers so they are unsuitable as prizes and I wouldn't give them away in any case, but just wait for the rings of Power that will be offered as prizes in the fantasy, myth, and legends album contest. You'll want to make a contribution to that one for sure!

Peace out,

Les

TheTwoRings.jpg
 Description:
the ring of Intelligence and the ring of Enlightenment
 Filesize:  215.8 KB
 Viewed:  553 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

TheTwoRings.jpg

kijjaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh!! I'd like to get this: Amulet of Resurrection
A wand of necromancy would be nice also.

Let's craft a wand of noodles. (Effective for inflicting SHORT CIRCUITS on the target.)
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.archive.org/details/383838

Noodle album Smile
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG, shortly after posting that ring message, I forced the ring of intelligence too hard on my finger and it twisted and broke! Fortunately only one of the 200 rings broke and I can fix it, but it's a lesson learned to be gentle with some magic rings. I just hope I don't have to re-energize the magic, that takes days of conjuring...
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK folks, it has been a couple of days and we've only got one vote! Will that be it? Will a single vote determine the winner? So be it! Naw, people need time to be reminded of the thread and to vote. Just PM me with your vote, thanks...
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here, if you didn't get it:

Code:

__      ______ _______ ______
\ \    / / __ \__   __|  ____|
 \ \  / / |  | | | |  | |__   
  \ \/ /| |  | | | |  |  __| 
   \  / | |__| | | |  | |____
    \/   \____/  |_|  |______|

Now!

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK everyone, the voting is over! In a chatroom moment of whimsey, Jan and I decided to call the whole competition on a single vote! Yep, you shall remain anonymous yet you know who you are our single voter! We decided to make fun of the whole competitive nature of it all by just taking the first vote and that vote decides the winner!

Hahahahaha, well it was our only vote anyway and I didn't vote myself yet, so let's just continue the fun and have a good laugh at our single-vote-winner, who just happens to be...

ian-s!!!

Yup ian, you won the competition on a whim and a song and you'll be happy to know that there is a lovely chainmaille necklace on your way if you will just pm me a mailling address...

Three cheers for everyone who entered a song and let's just wait and see what Howard does with this album... That is, once he gets done tooling about on his motorcycle! Lol, long life and best wishes to all!

kijjaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!! This is very valuable experience for me noodling with you guys. I guess this thread should never be dead. Let's talk more about noodles and especially composition algorithms for noodles.
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, kij, my lesson learned is KISS, or "Keep It Simple, Stupid", because I've made my algorithms so complex that Sunshine doesn't even like them! She likes that simple mundane stuff that entertains peeps, hey, can't komplain about that, lol! Cheers to Sunshine...
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratz, Ian! well done party!

/Stefan

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The voting may have been a bit odd Wink but listening to the musics we have good "winner" for sure!
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
there is a lovely chainmaille necklace on your way if you will just pm me a mailling address...

Thank you very much Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sent your chainmaille necklace a few days ago, thanks Ian!

Next up: I have a crude photo of the rings that will be given away in our fantasy, myths, and legends album, shown below. The photo is a bit blurry, but hey, I'm werking with a phonecam here.

The rings have undisclosed magik powers, but they are rumored to originate from the elven forests so expect something good from them.. I think that instead of a vote we will have folks dish them out on an award basis. I'll give the middle one out and maybe Howard and Jan can award the others?

I dunno, I haven't cleared it with them yet but maybe, just maybe...

We'll see what happens! LOL! Let's Jam for Peace!

3MagikRings.jpg
 Description:
Three Magik Rings...
 Filesize:  227.15 KB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

3MagikRings.jpg

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ian-s wrote:
I found an old CDR Embarassed , this is G2 noodle from Dec 2004.

Architexture is on the stream right now--enjoying it very much.
Steve
Page 3 of 3 [75 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Composition
Jump to: