electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
keybord sends noteoff to all slots
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
alby

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: keybord sends noteoff to all slots Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technical Problem:

Maybe someone can help.
I use a breathcontroller on the G2 to play on Slot A wich is receiving midi-channel 1.
When I play a long note and the same time my keyboardplayer is playing on an other slot (which has an other midi-channel)
the same note on the g2 Keyboard. his "note off" is cutting my note.
I can't solve the problem because there are just those keyboard in modules and no midi-in module where you can decide which midi-channel is gate-ing the Envs.

thanks alby
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an older Roland keyboard that sends "all notes off" whenever you take your hands off the keys. It was causing other devices to stop playing (I think they were on different midi channels). I stopped it by routing the output through a midi filter. Don't know if this is what's happening to you.
alby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not, exactly, because if, the nord G2 keyboard would be the one, which sends all note of.so I couldn't put any midi filter between the build in keyboard and the slots.
For me it looks like a combination seldom had before, that someone is playing(and holding) a note on an external midi-instrument, routed to one Slot(A), and playing the same note with the internal G2 keyboard to an other Slot(c). When you now get your hands of the nord-internal keyboard it cuts off the note on the other slot as well.

alby
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alby wrote:
so I couldn't put any midi filter between the build in keyboard and the slots.

You can ... by turning 'local on' off in the synth settings and then use a midi merger to merge the breath stream with the midi out of the g2 and back into it's input ... but ....
Quote:

For me it looks like a combination seldom had before, that someone is playing(and holding) a note on an external midi-instrument, routed to one Slot(A), and playing the same note with the internal G2 keyboard to an other Slot(c). When you now get your hands of the nord-internal keyboard it cuts off the note on the other slot as well.

... you might have point here :-)

Are you sure the keyboard focus is not playing tricks on you (small red bars above the slot buttons in the editor), or internal midi traffic from one slot to another ?

If sure not, it's time to send a report to Clavia I'd say.

Jan.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the NM mailing list Tim Kleinert posted the following :

Quote:

Hi list,

I play the G2 hooked to a MIDI-keyboard to add a second manual. When
playing one slot from the G2 and another from that keyboard (with
different MIDI channels, obviously), I discovered a strange behaviour:
when playing the same notes (absolute MIDI note numbers) on the G2 and
on the other keyboard and releasing the G2 notes first, the
corresponding notes on the other keyboard are released too. So it seems
as if the G2 keyboard is sending note-offs to all active slots. Weird,
and pretty unusable actually.

Anybody else experienced this?

Jan.
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know if it is a bug or deliberately designed. I think it is associated with this feature:

When you play a chord on the G2 you can switch slots while holding the chord. It keeps sounding the previous selected slot, but when you lift a key and play a new one that one will play the newly selected slot.
This is something i find extremely valuable in a live situation. You can switch slots before it is actually needed and play the next chord with the new sound spot on. Again something that makes the G2 a very powerfull performance instrument....

So if clavia is gonna change things please let this behaviour intact, or better yet user configurable.

alby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Wan,

good to know, that there are positiv sites of this keyboard behavoir as well.
So I would like to send an e-mail to clavia, to change it. But, if you say it is good, the user should decide.

My English is not so good, can somone help to find the right words.
1. I want clavia to fix that probleme I have.
2. But if there users, who need that keyboard behavoir, they should have it.

Could we send an Email to clavia-support together?

Alby
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your English is fine. There is no problem understanding what you are saying.

If you want to send them an email, just tell them to check this forum topic. Include the link http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-3900.html

I think they read the forum here and also the NM mailing list, but it can't hurt to point out a topic of interest.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: