electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
TOM WHITSHIRE VCLFO PCB
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 5 [105 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
haxster

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: TOM WHITSHIRE VCLFO PCB Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was recently granted permission to do a run of this wonderful Digital LFO.
Here is the details about it:

http://www.electricdruid.net/forums.html?page=projects.lfo9

The pcb has been designed and I am asking who would be interested in getting a PCB?

I am expecting about $25-30.00 US dollars in cost per PCB. If alot of people get in the cost will go down.

Be aware that you need a Pic Burner for this project. The pic is 16F684. The hex file and asm can be obtained at the website above.

The pcb contains this:
(1) DIGITAL PIC BASED LFO, with glide and 4 LFO outputs. It has CV input also.
(2) analog simple LFO's.
(1) internal powersupply (option, if you wanted to make an external unit)

It has MOTM power jack holes.
It can be self powered if you wanted to make an external box or simply were pushing your current powersupply too hard already. The amount of capacitors is exaggerated for the circuit alone. You add the pairs you need. You can add them all and you will just have a really clean line. I added all the capacitors to be able to power other circuit boards also.

So far I playing with panel layouts everything seems to be fitting a MOTM panel space.

A few built items will be sold over ebay also for people who can't build.

Check out the pictures. The panel layout is not to scale. Most pots should have 1" spacing from each other.

THE POTS USED ON THE ACTUAL PCB CAN BE OBTAINED AT FUTURELUC ELECTRONICS. THE HOLES CAN FIT A "DUAL" POT, BUT THE ACTUAL CIRCUIT IS ONLY USING A SINGLE POT.

NO SPECIAL IC'S HERE, TYPICAL TL07X IS FINE.
THE TRIMMERS ARE TO EXACTLY ADJUST HOW MUCH VOLTAGE YOU WANT OUT (I.E. 5-0-5), AND TO DETERMINE THE SPEED RANGE OF THE DIGITAL LFO FREQ.

The digital lfo freq range does not go sonic. The other Analog LFO's are audible and can go sonic.

Why do i have so many LFO's on one PCB?
One Analog LFO is to CV input the Digital VCLFO. IN S&H mode you can make crazy arcade 70's sounds. The other ANALOF LFO was just to take up space. I like to have a shit load of LFO's.

I will post audio demo's later.

VC DIGITAL LFO.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.73 KB
 Viewed:  383 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

VC DIGITAL LFO.png

VC DIGITAL LFO panel.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.08 KB
 Viewed:  376 Time(s)

VC DIGITAL LFO panel.png

clickmrmike

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great stuff! I'd take one.

Any chance you'll be doing Tom's VC-ADSR? That looks neat as well.

click!
Luka

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is the output of the main LFO 10vP-P?
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
haxster

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can be 10v p-p, I use 12v myself as the main power rail, but the circuit can handle 15v regulators. No tweaking would be needed, it's all in the trimmers for adjusting the output desired. If you were to use the internal power supply option 7815/7915 regulators would be used. You would have to feed in a 16v AC line. On the original schematic it was intended for 15v so yes it will work.
creatorlars

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm definitely interested in one as well (maybe more if the timing is right.) Hoorah for 1" spaced pots!! This is the spacing I use on my panels and I rarely get to take advantage of PCB-mounted pots because of it.
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd definitely like to get 1 or 2 of these, but the PIC-burning would be a barrier for me... any chance you'd be willing to sell pre-loaded PICs w/ the PCB?

bbob

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be interested if there were pre-loaded PICs.

bbob wrote:
i'd definitely like to get 1 or 2 of these, but the PIC-burning would be a barrier for me... any chance you'd be willing to sell pre-loaded PICs w/ the PCB?

bbob
BananaPlug

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting. A schematic would help clarify some things. Four outputs for the digital LFO? I guess that's just four copies of the same signal to spare you from multing elsewhere. What's the "Rotary" jack on the panel layout image?
e-grad

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bbob wrote:

Same for me!
haxster

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The four outputs are from the same single digital lfo, there is just a buffer on the end to give it enough juice for FOUR outputs. I also added a "glide" on that buffer to give it skew and or "round off corners". The picture shows that section.

Yeah I can supply burned pics if that is the barrier.

The rotary jack is for the Digital selection of what kind of Sync Mode is to happen. Details about that are at the DRUID site on the top. THe sync mode stuff is optional, you don't have to have it sync to have it working.

US price for pics are about $2.00 each at alliedelectronics. So it can be offered once i get the order together.

buffer outputs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.69 KB
 Viewed:  304 Time(s)

buffer outputs.png

adambee7

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have two please. Laughing
adambee7

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah with pre prog pics Question
haxster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are the estimates for the entire package:

(1) PCB with BURNED PIC $40.00 with Worldwide Shipping included.

(Double pack) 2 PCB's with 2 BURNED PICS $65.00 with worldwide Shipping included.
adambee7

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a good deal. When do want the cash. Laughing
numbertalk

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take 1 with pre-burned PIC.
Last edited by numbertalk on Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
haxster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so far this is the head count, * means not sure if getting (2) units.

-clickmrmike (1)
-creatorlars (1)*
-bob (1)*
-e grad (1)
-adambee7 (2)
-numbertalk (1)

The order will be made monday morning for 20 PCB's. I plan on keeping 3-5 myself. Another run will happen if enough interest builds up. From my experience this is the time line for actual production: May 28-29 it should be in my hands to distribute out.

I double checked the board and it is ready to go.

If you can pay now, it will reserve you for sure. paypal is preferred.
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take 2
henrikgo

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take one PCB w/ pre-burned PIC please!
factus10

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need another project like I need a hole in my head... but I've been admiring Tom's pic circuits for a while now so put me down for one.

And if you feel like doing up a pcb for his ADSR, it wouldn't take much arm twisting to get me to buy it Smile

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would take one (1!) without PIC. code is for download at tom's site, isn't it?
haxster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is available at Tom's site, but to make it easier on me I was going to order the exact number of pics to how many pcb's were made. So it comes with it burned already.

Most likely the ADSR will follow, i just need to build a prototype to see if I like it and where I could improve it.
haxster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Claim count is about 12-13 pcb's so far. Only about 2-3 are left for this run.

Another run will happen so if you didn't make it don't worry.
kitsch-bent

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be in for 4 of these. Or, however many might be left in the run.

Smile pre-burned PICs are ideal, but if not, its not a huge deal to find someone to help out with that...

anyways. yup, 4 if they are still available.
haxster

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your the last one to claim for this run.
As of May 17, 2009 Run 1 has been claimed. Any one else that missed out, wait for the next run.
sduck

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm left out because I"m a day late? Rats. I'd take 1 pcb and pic if anyone backs out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 5 [105 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: