electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
nightowl
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
nightowl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: nightowl Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ola, my website is online at http://www.blackcrow.co.za/nightowl
Some of my songs can be downloaded at http://www.soundclick.com/nightowl

Abaddon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little more info, plz? Cool
nightowl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, ive completed my album, titled "The view from the top" and you can listen to some of the songs of the album at http://www.soundclick.com/nightowl. There are two songs at the moment, Finding serenity on the search for the sundew Smile and Trip the light fantastic.

Last edited by nightowl on Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
nightowl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: adventures on planet Earth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two more songs off my album "The view from the top" can be heard at http://www.soundclick.com/nightowl. They are "Adventures on planet Earth" and "Mechanical Dream".
nightowl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: adventures on planet Earth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aventures on planet Earth is now online.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, good stuff. Nice songs. All of them different, quite sensitive, moody and thoughtful. I like your music. Sendew is probably my favorite. I like the haunting piano in that one. They are all very good though

. Good job... thumb up well done very cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nightowl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot Wink, the whole album has that feeling of change. Most of the songs are somehow based on events in my life and its been hectic so far. I want to put the whole album online once i get the time/space. but i'll keep u posted. Wink
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nightowl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
nightowl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: in the clouds Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

howzit, you can listen to two more songs off my album.

Levitating water trick

The legend of the lost bohemian

nightowl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The full album is almost available. I uploaded two more song, The quest to find yourself and The social effect .

enjoy.

timothyday

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: The Social Effect Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nightowl,
Cool ideas. Have you taken the sounds as far as they can go? Are the rhythms 'perfect' for you? I'm enjoying the harmonic and melodic content but the timbres and grooves are keeping me from being really involved with the music. What are you using to produce? Solid efforts. Cheers.
nightowl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo, timothyday. Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I took the sounds as far as I could, as most of the songs where made as a first attempt at electronic music. The tracks aren't mastered either. Wink I've been fine tuning the songs for awhile now, but I just decided that they sound ok and so complided the album. I want to make the songs sound better once my skill improves.

Anyway thanks again and I'm glad that you enjoy it.

nightowl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howzit again. I use reason to make the music. Most of the songs where made on Pentium 2, 350mHz pc. I have and old pair sansui earphones and their frequency response is not very good. I recently got a new pc though, so now I can do more processing without my pc dying. Wink

With the timbres, do you mean the drum line / perscussion? because some of the song's drumlines aren't that good, but i got use to them and now i can't change it. weird i know.

timothyday

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nightowl, First of all, its great that you decided something was done and put it out into the world for feedback. Kudos. Keep following that instinct. I'm a big fan of drum programing so sure the beats can go deeper. Maybe add more percussion. Mute the drums you have, listen for the rhythms in the syhtns and accent those with new sounds. Focus on the sonics overall. I try to always look for how I can make a sound more interesting, more colorful. I wouldn't change a thing if its a hassle. Call this your first release and start on the new stuff. Keep working. Keep uploading. Best, Tim
nightowl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will do that. Wink I already have loads of new tracks which I will upload as soon as I can. Thanks again. I will keep you posted.
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: