electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
electro-music Poconos festival
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: electro-music Poconos festival
Subject description: May 15-16, 2010
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark your calendars! There will be an electro-music festival in the Pocono mountains of Eastern Pennsylvania, May 15 and 16, 2010. It's early to make an official announcement, but the venue has been booked. So people can start to make plans. This festival will be smaller than the main electro-music festival, which we still expect to hold in 2010 (at a time and place to be determined). It will be two full days of concerts in a wonderful theater (The Shawnee Playhouse) at a beautiful location (Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area). There is only a single stage, so there may be seminars, but no jam sessions or demos. It could be considered a regional festival, but we expect and welcome artists from all over the US and possibly other countries as well.

If you are interested in performing, or helping out with the show in any way, please contact me. The official call for artists probably won't go out until after electro-music 2009 (i.e. at the end of this year). However we may decide to lock in some exceptional acts in order to allow early promotion. Performing artists and volunteers will not need to purchase tickets to attend the event. Free lodging in the cast house will be provided for artists. You might consider making it a vacation and reserving a room at one of several lovely Inns or Bed and Breakfasts that are a short walk from the theater.

More information can be found at the event web site:
http://poconoskies.com
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Greg!
As we have already discussed, I am interested in performing at the first Pocono Skies festival next year! The pics of the area are stunning. Shocked

Probably to early to ask, but I was wondering if you had any idea yet on set length times? Will there be hour slots available? Will it be all day and evening or more just evening events? Chance of Jam?

I think would tie in quite well with my other travels in the area. This will be a great setting for this music. Very Happy

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My tentative plan is to have the festival run from 2pm to 11pm (Saturday and Sunday), with sets being either 30 minutes or 45 minutes. Including break times, that allows for a total of 18 performances. There won't be any jams. However there will probably be some kind of party on Friday night, with ample opportunity for some impromptu sessions.

I'm also considering adding a couple of "introductory" seminars - one on Saturday afternoon and one on Sunday afternoon (one hour each). E.g. something like "Introduction to Synthesis" and "History of Electronic Music." If anyone would like to tackle one of these seminars, let me know!

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
My tentative plan is to have the festival run from 2pm to 11pm (Saturday and Sunday), with sets being either 30 minutes or 45 minutes. Including break times, that allows for a total of 18 performances. There won't be any jams. However there will probably be some kind of party on Friday night, with ample opportunity for some impromptu sessions.

Sweet! That sounds good Greg! Maybe folks can find some informal jam time while staying at the cast house during the weekend... and the party sounds like a good idea Very Happy

Is there high speed internet there? ... will it be streamed?

kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have noted the dates though I can't commit to this at the moment. It sounds like a lot of fun.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this looks interesting Cool

will have to see how em2009 goes before I could even begin to contemplate thinking about attending this too Wink

egw
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:

Streaming is possible, but only if someone volunteers to set it up and run it.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
shanemorris wrote:

Streaming is possible, but only if someone volunteers to set it up and run it.

It is my dharmic duty as an EM stream operator to stream this festival. salut
I volunteer to set up and shepard over the stream for the weekend ... of course contingent upon finalizing the trip as well.

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MY dogma caught your karma!
pyxl8r

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Poconos!
Subject description: I am so there!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me IN... I'd mark my calendar, but I don't have a 2010 one yet! Wink Guess I'll leave many PostIts around the studio... yeah, that'll work!
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Greg!

I have to see my end-of-spring semester calendar before I make a hard commitment, but the probability is > 85% that I'll make it and propose to perform, and if I make it, the probability is then 100% that I'll volunteer to do some work.

Take care.

From sunny Carnegie Mellon, the site of NIME 2009, Dale

alphacore76

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Hey Id be interested in playing at this event Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Id be up for playing at this event in may of 2010 Just me know either way so i can plan for it

Thanks Alphacore

Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: