electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Cwejman S1 MKII VS. Modular
Page 4 of 4 [84 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Sound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks Softfin.

I see now that i didn't explain what I did in the previous post. What I did is separate 1.6mm all the jack sockets of the PCB. Achieving a total distance of 15.8mm.

About the midi... I don't understand why, but sometimes it hold the first note, and the gate rests opened. I must reset from the keyboard. I'm studying now the s1 editor in order to update the software. Lets see if it solves the problem..
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good job man! least you solved that issue. who knows what wowa is up to these days. website hasn't been updated in almost a year?, broken links, no new modules, no contact, etc. at this particular moment, what a waste of engineering/design synth talent
Sound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks monads, I really apreciate it.

The S1 is already assembled and works correctly.

Regards.
nadafarms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so I don't mean to kick a dead horse... but I'm considering getting an S1 mkII serial 006 and I'm really worried having ready over this thread a few times. Crying or Very sad

The 006 S1mkII is working fine I'm just not sure if this problem could start happening on mine and then I'm screwed.

Sadly I know nothing about fixing gear and wouldn't even feel safe taking the screws out.

any thoughts?
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess it would depend on the production year of #006 S1mk2. One thing for sure is I wouldn't be using the cwejman supplied patchcords with the unit.
nadafarms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks! Well it turns out it's a regular original S1.

I'm not sure if the patch cords I got with it are the originals. They are light grey colored, I haven't noticed any problems with the unit but I haven't tried patching anything yet.

the synth sounds amazing, one of the best i've ever used. I'm glad I wasn't scared off from buying it, I love it!

Very Happy
Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi I received a question about the point of the sockets.

1)If you want to buy a S1MK2 my advice is, buy a S1MK2 with the new holed PCB

2)Patching a PCB like one that I have with jack plugs longer than the depth of the jack socket you WILL short the PCB. Maybe early or maybe late, its the time that the tip of the plug wear out the thin film that protect the PCB under the sockets. ( the two sockets that fault first in my S1 didnt have the thin plastic film, the other jacksockets had the thin plastic clearly marked by the plug tips)

Best Regards.
julien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a S1MK2 that was bought in august 2008. I bought it second hand. I can confirm that every socket has a hole bellow it.
Dimitrios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Sound for sharing this information. Thank you very much.

Sound wrote:

Also I had examinated the VCEQ-3 serial number 26 which the manufacturer sent me only one month later than the S1MK2 and in its PCB there is a hole under each jack socket in the way that the tips of the jacks plug can not touch the PCB.

I've seen a new Cwejman module and within a month is impossible to find a solution, to design and to produce such PCB. He knew it was a faulty board when he sent it. He misled you.
Page 4 of 4 [84 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: