electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
I might post lunetta pcbs and/or kits on my etsy
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic

I am interested in...
just the pcb
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
the pcb and the kit
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
neither!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'd rather build module from the schematic
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

synthmonger

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: I might post lunetta pcbs and/or kits on my etsy
Subject description: anyone interested?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm considering adding pcbs and kits on my etsy for sale. Being that they're simple designs with not too much soldering involved they will be fairly inexpensive. Would any of you be interested?

The pcbs will have pcb mount pots and will fit the form of Doepfer type modules. There will be polarity protection incase you'd want to interface it with other systems too.

In case you're wondering I'll still post schematics here.

Last edited by synthmonger on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a very cool idea if pricing is reasonable for others. You could possibly attract more people to the interest! Smile

(I myself, am having no troubles making my own, but fully support your idea. Smile )
synthmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I'm hopeing to get more people involved. If it wasn't for CGS pcbs I would've never got into SDIY so soon.

The pcbs will be between 8-20 with a couple going over 20. Those ones will be for my sequencers and larger projects.

The ones I'm working on are:

CMOS touch interface (like serge/bugbrand)
VCO
Dual VCO
VCLFO
EF + Pre-amp
Digi Ring Modulator with dedicated VCO
VC digi noise
VC EG
VCF state-variable
VCF LP-HP MS20 like
VCF Steiner like
VCA
S&H
Mixer
VC waveshaper
VC slew
PSU Bus board with polarity protection
ABC Sequencer
VC Pulse Width Modulator
Voltage Mixer
Twin-tee CMOS drums

All of them do not follow the norm. For example, the VCF has odd sync and FM inputs.

And lastly the mega big project - a cmos Vocoder! Did anyone else fall in love with these things when they heard Wendy Carlos' Ninth Symphony in A Clockwork Orange?
DGTom

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Signed up here for awhile, but this is my first post, I've already learnt alot / got alot of great ideas just from reading Razz

I'd be interested in PCBs. Only just getting into DIY to build stuff for my Euro / Frac modular rig. Been having fun this weekend messing around with some TL084s. First time I've ever made anything more complicated than a lead or attuenator pot! But I've made some lag processors & a CV processor & they work!

Looking at the Lunetta stuff (I didin't know about it untill tonight Embarassed ) This seems right up my alley! Very pure (in a dirty way) digital synthesis (kind of) & modular Very Happy

As a beginner (just getting to grips with orderng parts - 1st Futurlec shippment on route) PCBs of known, stable, sold designs would be great!

I see them as building blocks, like the small things I am building at the moment, usefull by themselves but better & better enmasse.

(now back to digging thru the archives for some designs to build a parts list around)
synthmonger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DGTom wrote:
Hi,

Signed up here for awhile, but this is my first post, I've already learnt alot / got alot of great ideas just from reading Razz

I'd be interested in PCBs. Only just getting into DIY to build stuff for my Euro / Frac modular rig. Been having fun this weekend messing around with some TL084s. First time I've ever made anything more complicated than a lead or attuenator pot! But I've made some lag processors & a CV processor & they work!

Looking at the Lunetta stuff (I didin't know about it untill tonight Embarassed ) This seems right up my alley! Very pure (in a dirty way) digital synthesis (kind of) & modular Very Happy

As a beginner (just getting to grips with orderng parts - 1st Futurlec shippment on route) PCBs of known, stable, sold designs would be great!

I see them as building blocks, like the small things I am building at the moment, usefull by themselves but better & better enmasse.

(now back to digging thru the archives for some designs to build a parts list around)

Welcome aboard!

Well if you're getting into Lunetta-ing and have cash to spare, I'd order 5-10 each of every cmos chip they have. Definitely order lots of 4007, 4069, 4030, 4011, and 4069. A bunch of my gizmos use these chips.
DGTom

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the tips!

Building up a nice little list of CMOS chips to buy Very Happy
Not much spare cash here, like most modular users! (addicts!!)
What really attracts me to the Lunettas concept is it really seems to embrace the idea of doing alot with a little.

Some very nice looking Euro modules on your store synthmonger. I'm torn between adding one of those to my existing system or diving in head first into my own. I have no space in my eurorack - & no plans to expand it anytime soon, so I think that will be the deciding factor.

PCBs would be great, I voted for just the PCBs because doing kits would be alot of work on your part - & big outlay costs. Plus I think, as steep a learning curve as it is, buying parts from BOMs / Schems etc. is a really important step & Lunettas with small part counts would be a neat & tidy leg up.
synthmonger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DGTom wrote:
Thanks for the tips!

PCBs would be great, I voted for just the PCBs because doing kits would be alot of work on your part - & big outlay costs. Plus I think, as steep a learning curve as it is, buying parts from BOMs / Schems etc. is a really important step & Lunettas with small part counts would be a neat & tidy leg up.

True it's a lot of work but I find it to be fun. The PCBs are going to be a pain at first, up until I can order prefabbed ones.

First PCB to come is my korg resonator CMOS version. Some extra goodies on this one! Wink
monokinetic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi synthmonger,
I voted the other day but only had a second to reply now.

I've tried making a list of PCB's I'd be most interested in twice now, but everytime I end just retyping your list Smile

Along with your CMOS filter I cant wait for this idea to take shape (not harassing you just giving my vote of go for it).

Personally unless we are talking about rare parts I'd say most CMOS Lunetta synth style stuff is easy to come across (for the time being at least, with all the Lunetta action here maybe 40106's will scarce soon enough!). Maybe focus the effort on PCBs?

Keep us posted

David
synthmonger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I guess I'll just include the schematic, front panel design and wiring diagram in .pdf form with the pcb and nix the kit idea. At least for now. Cool

I started working on the PCB. I'm making a template that I can use for all of my designs so that will make things a little bit faster. Hopefully I can get the board finished by the end of the week and make sure it good to go.
synthmonger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I added the CMOS Resonator PCB to my shop. I posted one fully populated board from the first version for pretty cheap.

http://synthmonger.etsy.com/

catfingers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey I'd certainly be interested in PCBs on the basic building-blocks - like oscillators, amp, filters, EGs. Probably any of the others too. I'm afraid I'm more of a circuit-builder than an originator now & the forseeable future.

Ash
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: