electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Second run G2 expansion boards
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 5 of 7 [169 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

Do you want to purchase a Clavia G2 expansion board?
Yes and I will send a post in this thread containing my name and country
95%
 95%  [ 69 ]
Just the second option which isn't important :)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 72

analoghaze

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John Goettl -- USA
Nick H

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nick Harpley UK
xpktro

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sergio Torrejon-Spain
AnthonyTower

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:
I'll take 4 expansion boards for my 4 G2s.

Shoot .. I only have 3 engines Shocked (but hose are expanded already Laughing )

welcome Anthony

Already expanded, eh? You lucky dog Smile
'Glad to be aboard.

Cheers

4 G2s!!!

What on earth are you doing with all that?

'Having a hell of a good time for one Smile
And to add further madness to the insanity, every G2 has it's own dedicated E-MU e6400 Ultra Sampler feeding it!

I know, life's a bitch Wink
Cheers
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnthonyTower wrote:
iPassenger wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:

Shoot .. I only have 3 engines Shocked (but hose are expanded already Laughing )

welcome Anthony

'Glad to be aboard.

Cheers

4 G2s!!!

And to add further madness to the insanity, every G2 has it's own dedicated E-MU e6400 Ultra Sampler feeding it!

Cheers

Shocked insane Laughing

we need proof Wink

AnthonyTower

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:
iPassenger wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
AnthonyTower wrote:

welcome Anthony

'Glad to be aboard.

Cheers

4 G2s!!!

Cheers

Shocked insane Laughing

we need proof Wink

You most likely would like some pics....not a problem, just give me a few days as I finish a new cycle of chemo I am currently going through.
I've been battling with a very stubborn strain of N.H. Lymphoma for well over a year now Sad and my studio now looks like shit from a lack of upkeep, consequently I'd like to clean it up a little before taking and posting some shots of it....hey, I've still got my pride Cool

Cheers
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to hear that Anthony, hope you'll have some good luck with that condition, it sounds nasty.

And...erm .. well ... but I meant audio actually Wink

AnthonyTower

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Sorry to hear that Anthony, hope you'll have some good luck with that condition, it sounds nasty.

Thank you for the kind words Smile

Audio......of course!
Will do.
Let me scrounge something up.

Cheers
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anthony, I wish you strength and all the best, although you're sounding very strong to me Smile

But 4 Engines isn't that much! One time our good friend Rob had six Smile
And it is also good to know many people on this forum don't like to show their interior for the same reason Very Happy

Wout
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

Likewise, I hope to that things go well for you. I have friends with similar problems.

And as my missus refuses to clean all the gadgets in my studio, it's usually pretty dusty in there!

But four G2s and EMUs. Now we do have to see that, dust or no dust!

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
AnthonyTower

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, thank you so much for the encouragement Smile Smile Smile

I will fight this to the bitter end if I have to, but in the end God has the final word, and that's okay with me Smile

But getting to our topic, when I got to bed last night I thought about what I had previously wrote that started this tangent and realized I had not properly answered iPassenger Embarassed

The reason I have 4 G2s is quite simple.
I started off with 1 unit and then fell in love with everything about this musical instrument.
I wanted 4 more outputs of G2s, but could not find an engine anywhere, so I opted for a second unit.
After working with these 2 units, I realized major patches (ones where you cascade many different filters) can easily gobble up voices.
I asked my friend Lyle, who used to work at Music Marketing (Clavia's Canadian distributor) if he could find me some expansion boards.
After looking hi and low with no success, he offered me the last 2 G2s in stock as an alternative.
After emptying my credit cards I went for it and to this day have not regretted it Smile
I hate having to record (and in so doing freeze) any synth track and prefer keeping everything live 'till the end, so having 4 units is great at least for that.

As far as the 4 e6400 Ultras, I purchased those directly through E-MU when they where getting rid of their sampling division and that goes back quite a while ago.
When they offered them to me at a redicoulously low price, I jumped on the occasion.
One day, not that long ago, I decide to feed 4 of the 8 outputs on one of the Ultras to the 4 inputs on one of the G2s, controlling the e6400 with the G2s' keyboard and mapping the G2's knobs CCs to parameters on the e6400.
I have yet to use and external device to map some CCs on the G2 to SysEx parameters on the e-6400, but that will come when I come out from my ordeal.

To be honest, since I started my third type of chemo I haven't really done any music at all and my whole place looks like a fucking mess!
I generously lent one of G2s to a friend on the condition he does not use it in a live venue.
I will most likely have to pry it out of his hands Wink when I'm ready to get back to doing music again.
There you have it!
Having those 4 expansions boards would allow me to have some polyphony on big patches.
As soon as I can, I will take some pics of the setup and print some mp3s of this concoction and post them.

Thanks again to everybody on this great forum and to Clavia for having created what must me the greatest synth ever made since the late but great Bob Moog gave us the modular series back in the 60s and Peter Zinovieff the VCS3/Synthi in the early 70s.

Cheers
veta

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

matt h - united states

we should be over 50 signatures by now, no?
lets shoot for 100 & get the price even lower!
Q.C.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lloyd G - Australia
As long as the price is similar to the original release, I'm in.
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Now we've exceeded the 50 mark, what happens next? Is anybody discussing with Clavia, as I would love to get that expansion! Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
qspel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Second run G2 expansion boards Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John Boyd, USA
(still kicking myself for not buying one earlier)
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
... what happens next? ...
Trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle together. We hope to know more about the end of next week...

Wout
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Anthony.

Thanks for the description. Smile i always wanted an emu back in the day but had the yam a3000 instead. Having that set up must allow for some very imaginative combinations of sound.

I am sorry to hear about your condition and hope that you get better soon. Then u can fire up those machines and show us what they can do.

If yr friend likes yr g2 like i like mine i guess u now only have 3 g2s.

angyna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Angelo Avogadri Milan Italy
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnthonyTower wrote:
Wow, thank you so much for the encouragement Smile Smile Smile

I will fight this to the bitter end if I have to, but in the end God has the final word, and that's okay with me Smile

But getting to our topic
Having those 4 expansions boards would allow me to have some polyphony on big patches.

Hi Anthony,

I'm sending good vibes your way and I hope your condition improves.

Regarding the expansion, there is another bonus to having it with mono patches (and I always seem to be the guy who brings this up around here). Normally an unexpanded g2 has 4DSP's mean 400% of patch load, so 4 slots of 100% each or 2 slots with 100% is Voice area and 100% in fx area (200%). With the expansion you now have double that power and can have 200% patches (100% per area x 2) for all 4 slots ...

I have 2 g2's (both expanded) but I'm actually just using one at the moment (to make my gig rig more portable).
/Dasz

Last edited by dasz on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
... what happens next? ...
Trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle together. We hope to know more about the end of next week...

Wout

Thanks, Wout

Your efforts are much appreciated! Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
joner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I second Derek. Many thanks for trying to arrange this.
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
Thanks, Wout
Your efforts are much appreciated! Smile
I'm not doing this alone, because there are more forum members involved, only it's best there is just one central something to keep it all together, mainly because it isn't that easy and therefor a delicate thing Smile

Wout
Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tomas Kjellqvist, Sweden
system700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kai Franz - Germany
daniele_g2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daniele T, Italy (if price is reasonable)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 5 of 7 [169 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: