electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Largo- coming very soon
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Largo- coming very soon Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/news#141
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

interesting Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
interesting Very Happy

Perhaps they should have called it Softfeld....

One of the people on the Waldorf list- said if they ever make a hardware version of it, they should call it Key Largo Wink
(but that would be a trademark or Copyright infringement in the US)

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has been released now.

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/products/largo

fac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks very attractive, but between my XT, Pulse, and Waldorf Edition plugins, I have plenty of Waldorf in my studio.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Largo came with "Lite" versions of the PPG 2.V and Attack, and the full version of D-Pole. That's pretty cool. D-Pole is relatively old (vintage plugin?) but in my book it's still one of the best software filters out there.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fac wrote:
Looks very attractive, but between my XT, Pulse, and Waldorf Edition plugins, I have plenty of Waldorf in my studio.

Anyway, I read somewhere that Largo came with "Lite" versions of the PPG 2.V and Attack, and the full version of D-Pole. That's pretty cool. D-Pole is relatively old (vintage plugin?) but in my book it's still one of the best software filters out there.

It depends on who you buy LArgo from.
Mine didn't come with anything, but last year I bought something from Novamusik and got Waldorf Editions (3 vsts) for $49

fac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
last year I bought something from Novamusik and got Waldorf Editions (3 vsts) for $49

Yeah, Nova is great. I also got my copy of Waldorf Edition as part of a Nord G2 bundle.

Also from Nova, I bought the G-Force FutureRetro pack for $200. That is, Minimonsta, Oddity, impOscar, and M-Tron for $50 each!

All I'm missing, plugin-wise, is the Korg Legacy Digital Edition to replace the Wavestation A/D I just sold.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fac wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:
last year I bought something from Novamusik and got Waldorf Editions (3 vsts) for $49

Yeah, Nova is great. I also got my copy of Waldorf Edition as part of a Nord G2 bundle.

Also from Nova, I bought the G-Force FutureRetro pack for $200. That is, Minimonsta, Oddity, impOscar, and M-Tron for $50 each!

All I'm missing, plugin-wise, is the Korg Legacy Digital Edition to replace the Wavestation A/D I just sold.

wow, you really cleaned up!!!
I think the only thing you're missing plugin-wise, is disk space Wink
Imposcar 2 is supposed to be coming, don't know when. But I wasn't impressed with Imposcar.

To tell you the truth, the only Vst's which have reall impressed me are TimeWarp 2600, and Largo , and Arturia's Prophet V (at least the Prophet VS part. I don't think Arturia really has it down yet, none of their stuff sounds good to me. But i haven't listened to any of the Mini Vst's.
I can't imagine a digital emulation of any Moog coming close to doing them justice.

fac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:

wow, you really cleaned up!!!
I think the only thing you're missing plugin-wise, is disk space Wink

I had always liked impOscar (still do) and I love Mellotron sounds, so I jumped on the deal when the opportunity came.

Actually, I only had an old 80 Gb disk when I got these plugins (Late 2007), and I had to delete some stuff so I could install the full M-Tron.

Unfortunately (or not), I bought the G2 just a couple months after I got the GForce plugs, and have used almost only hardware synths ever since. I still like my plugins and will eventually use them, but for now, I have more fun and inspiration from hardware. For that same reason, I started recording lots of audio tracks, which eventually forced me to buy a new 300 Gb HD.

[quote="cappy2112"]
Imposcar 2 is supposed to be coming, don't know when. But I wasn't impressed with Imposcar.[\quote]

I do like Imposcar, but have only used it in a couple songs, so I'm not really interested in the new version... at least not until I really get into v1.

cappy2112 wrote:

To tell you the truth, the only Vst's which have reall impressed me are TimeWarp 2600, and Largo , and Arturia's Prophet V (at least the Prophet VS part. I don't think Arturia really has it down yet, none of their stuff sounds good to me. But i haven't listened to any of the Mini Vst's.
I can't imagine a digital emulation of any Moog coming close to doing them justice.

I agree with you... and that's one of the reasons I'm using hardware right now. On the other hand, something like Minimonsta has its own attractions... for example, one LFO for each parameter, which allows you to do some cool rhythmic patterns, the Melohman thing to morph sounds on the fly, etc. The trick is to forget it's supposed to be a minimoog clone and embrace its own sound and features.

But, as you say, it's hard to be impressed with plugins anymore... there are so many, all basically doing the same thing.... and cluttered with features one rarely uses. That's why I still prefer simpler softsynths like imposcar, oddity, vaz plus, and m-tron.

cl516

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've posted a few Largo demos. Please CLICK to check them out!
cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cl516 wrote:
I've posted a few Largo demos. Please CLICK to check them out!

Why do you state "A dongle is required," on your web page ?
I"m using Largo without a dongle.

cl516

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oooh maybe my mistake. perhaps they have another copy protection method i'm not aware of? i know some software will let you choose between a key or maybe challenge response. how are you doing it?
cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cl516 wrote:
oooh maybe my mistake. perhaps they have another copy protection method i'm not aware of? i know some software will let you choose between a key or maybe challenge response. how are you doing it?

I think it gave me the choice of using a key dongle or not, during installation.

I do have one from another VST- but I don't use it. I'm not against copy protection, but I dont like having to have a USB dongle that can be easily lost or broken, contain the only key to run the program.

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cl516 wrote:
I figure it works the same way as other software packages I've seen that use Syncrosoft: You do not need a dongle if you want to install the software on single machine.

But if you ever want to move the software off that machine to another, you need a dongle in order to do so. This applies if you have a laptop that you want to use for synthesis, or if you want to move the software to a newly acquired computer.

So, for example, if you use a desktop computer for composition and a laptop for performance (as I do), you either need to pay for two copies or move the license from one machine to the other every time you want to use a different machine.

Some people might be willing to accept that restriction. I'm not, because I know it's only a matter of time before I arrive at a gig and realize I've forgotten to move the license.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: