electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Nord Stage Driver installation with XP problems !!!!!
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
coboune

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject:  Nord Stage Driver installation with XP problems !!!!!
Subject description: May be anti virus running.....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!
I recently get a Nord Stage 76 and I do not manage to install the driver for Windows XP.
I have invariably a crash (freeze and need to reboot) after selection of the driver. I have downloaded the last driver version (2.14).
An idea on the problem???

I have Windows XP pro service pack 3. I changed several times the USB cable, I have removed the "badly installed" keyboard in the peripherals list, I deleted of the registers all the Clavia entries, etc.... There, I do not have idea anymore...

On the other hand, I tried with another computer under Vista and that works!!!!

Thank you in advance!

Coco

Last edited by coboune on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try this.

With the Nord disconnected, click Start -> Run and type "cmd" to open a command window.

Then type

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
devmgmt.msc

This will start an instance of the Windows Device Manager that is capable of showing hidden devices. In this window, click "View" and then "Show hidden devices" (This last option will not appear unless the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices variable is set, which is why I told you to set it earlier)

At this point, you should be able to select "Sound, video and game controllers" and find the Nord device driver even though the Nord is not connected. Right-click it, select "Uninstall", and then restart your machine.

Perhaps you will now be able to reinstall the driver more cleanly than before. We can hope, anyway.
coboune

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much for your help!
We have just ended a clip with my group, Forget The Heroes, and I'm "buzzing" for this video.
As soon as I'll have ended, I try your manipulation.
Thanks again...
Coco

ionian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hate to bump an old thread! I had the same exact problem. I am using XP SP3 and the Nord Driver freezes when I try to install it. The only way I ended up getting the USB driver installed was to boot up using safe mode (Pressing F8 when you restart the computer) and installing the USB driver in safe mode. It installed with no problems and it works when I rebooted. Obviously there's something in Win XP SP3 that doesn't agree with the Nord USB driver when you try to install it.

If you're still having problems, try installing in Safe Mode.

Frank
ark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ionian wrote:
Obviously there's something in Win XP SP3 that doesn't agree with the Nord USB driver when you try to install it.
Not quite so obvious, because I had no trouble installing the Nord driver in XP SP3 without going into safe mode.

However, I am aware of two problems that sometimes prevents drivers (or other system software) from installing on SP3:

1) You might be running a virus scanner that is balking.

2) You might be running the "IIS Admin" service. When this happens and you try to install a package that, in turn, tries to install the VC++ 2005 Redistributable, the installation hangs. Turning off the IIS Admin service unhangs it.
ionian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:

1) You might be running a virus scanner that is balking.

2) You might be running the "IIS Admin" service. When this happens and you try to install a package that, in turn, tries to install the VC++ 2005 Redistributable, the installation hangs. Turning off the IIS Admin service unhangs it.

I am running a virus scanner so that may be it. I'm not sure about the IIS Admin thing though, is there a way to see if I'm running that?

Thanks,
Frank
ark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ionian wrote:
I'm not sure about the IIS Admin thing though, is there a way to see if I'm running that?

Right-click "My Computer" Select "Manage." This will launch a window named "Computer Management."

If there is a box with a + in it to the left of "Services and Applications", click the + to open the subtree.

Click "Services"

In the right pane now appears a list of running services, in alphabetical order. Scroll down the list and see if "IIS Admin" is there. If so, you can select the "Extended" tab, which will offer you the ability to stop and restart the service.

Please let me know if this is not clear and I'll try to elaborate.
ionian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:

Right-click "My Computer" Select "Manage." This will launch a window named "Computer Management."

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I checked it out - it doesn't appear to be running so at this time I'd venture to say that it must be the Virus scan. I've gotten so lazy as of late that I leave so much stuff running when I install now. I used to be so good and stop everything. I have to remember to stop everything from now on.

Thanks for your help!
Frank
ark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: XP not working with Nord USB Driver Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ionian wrote:
I have to remember to stop everything from now on.

Or install drivers in safe mode, which just might be less work.
coboune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you all...

Being notified of your answers, I've finally installed my Nord Stage a few minutes ago !!!!!
You're both right: the trouble seems to be the Antivirus Sad... Disable it (or boot in safe mode) works as well Laughing

Thank you, again Cool

Coco

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord stage
Jump to: