electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
"Son Of Storm Tide" Flanger
Page 2 of 14 [330 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next

interested?
yes
97%
 97%  [ 43 ]
no
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

JoeMorris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent. count me in as soon as its ready.
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Yes, the TDA1022's. And a 1k tempco resistor. One 3086 (or 3046). The rest is garden variety stuff.

JH.

only one TDA1022 ?
2thick4uni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Does anyone know of a source for more TDA1022s? I just searched the web and found nothing

Ebay seller goodbuy711 has TDA1022's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-TDA1022-Integrated-Circuit-for-Analogue-Signals_W0QQitemZ390061958426QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad181251a&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=

I bought some from him for my triple chorus and they worked fine. You will hear all kinds of stories about counterfeit chips for sale on ebay but I haven't had any problems with this seller (so far!). YMMV............
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, 2thick! Didn't think to check evilbay. Got two on the way. I'll test them in my Triple chorus when they arrive. No way am I going to miss out on the SOST!!!

2thick4uni wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know of a source for more TDA1022s? I just searched the web and found nothing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-TDA1022-Integrated-Circuit-for-Analogue-Signals_W0QQitemZ390061958426QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad181251a&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=

I bought some from him for my triple chorus and they worked fine. You will hear all kinds of stories about counterfeit chips for sale on ebay but I haven't had any problems with this seller (so far!). YMMV............
oldschool57

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For those who have had problems in the past with HK sellers on ebay, check out:
http://www.vintageplanet.nl/semiconductors.html
Senso is super reliable and a nice guy also!
Dave
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:
jhaible wrote:

Yes, the TDA1022's. And a 1k tempco resistor. One 3086 (or 3046). The rest is garden variety stuff.

JH.

only one TDA1022 ?

Two

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got a packet with those TDAs from goodbuy711. They're mounted in white styrofoam and wrapped with cellophane. I don't have high hopes for these.

2thick4uni wrote:
Quote:

Spratty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:
Just got a packet with those TDAs from goodbuy711. They're mounted in white styrofoam and wrapped with cellophane. I don't have high hopes for these.

2thick4uni wrote:
Quote:

I got some of these the other day, from this seller. Plugged two into my triple chorus and they seem fine (Queen belting out, "I want to break free" with extra "solina" mode on as I type Wink). Not the first or last time I'll get ic's in an odd package me thinks. What made me suspicious of them at first was how clean these really look. I guess it is possible that these really have been kept very well in a good environment. Some look like they are in the same series as the ones I got from Luka previously. Not that I'm an expert on chip stampings!

PS: Obviously can't vouch for all their items.

Spratty Wink

Last edited by Spratty on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
JoeMorris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crickelwood electronics have TDA1022s, not too cheap though.
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

£5 not too cheap?? Rolling Eyes I have never seen them so cheap in 20 years! Cricklewood were charging £50 each for their last stash of SAD 1024s a few years back.

Cricklewood is not a part of London that I would visit after dark!
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE

Feature List:

Two BBDs - can choose long/short delay for left/right channel independently.
Long Resonance loop or short resonance loop
1/x modulation for "natural" Flanging
1V/Oct input (temperature compensated) for Physical Modelling
Approximating Thru Zero Flanging with All Pass Filters in the direct path and "rectified 1/x" sweep
ARP-Quadra-style compander and germanium diode clipping for ultra-smooth high-resonance sound
"Bounce"
4 Built-in Modulation sources:
Triangle Wave
Expo-slew'ed Square Wave
Sample & Hold Random Steps
Envelope Follower
Voltage controlled Modulation Rate
Built-in power supply (only need AC wallwart) or MOTM +/-15V supply

Requires two TDA1022 chips!

JH.

soneofstormtide_flanger_preview.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  527.54 KB
 Viewed:  674 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

soneofstormtide_flanger_preview.jpg

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
UPDATE

Feature List:

Two BBDs - can choose long/short delay for left/right channel independently.
Long Resonance loop or short resonance loop
1/x modulation for "natural" Flanging
1V/Oct input (temperature compensated) for Physical Modelling
Approximating Thru Zero Flanging with All Pass Filters in the direct path and "rectified 1/x" sweep
ARP-Quadra-style compander and germanium diode clipping for ultra-smooth high-resonance sound
"Bounce"
4 Built-in Modulation sources:
Triangle Wave
Expo-slew'ed Square Wave
Sample & Hold Random Steps
Envelope Follower
Voltage controlled Modulation Rate
Built-in power supply (only need AC wallwart) or MOTM +/-15V supply

Requires two TDA1022 chips!

JH.

Drool....when do you expect this project might be ready? Just when I was starting to actually catch up a bit on my JH queue too Smile Hopefully I'll finish the Living VCOs and Varislope Filter before there are boards for this.
jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably in 2 months if all goes well.

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prototype board populated - got the first sounds out of it - sounds very promising so far. As far as I can tell with alligator clips and all.
Too soon for real audio demos, but I'll keep working on it, slowly, as the baby allows ...

Keep up your interest, spread the information: a JH Flanger is definitely coming, if there is enough demand for a PCB run, and enough TDA1022's out there.

JH.

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still very interested in this project!
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Keep up your interest, spread the information: a JH Flanger is definitely coming, if there is enough demand for a PCB run, and enough TDA1022's out there.

JH.

I missed this completely,i don't know why.

don't exactly know how manny,but will buy several pcb's
whomper

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am looking forward for this project and have already secured the required TDAs.

I have already two phasers in my modular and am deeply missing a Flanger to be hooked into the Neural Agonizer for some interesting sweeps and drones.

Home Page: http://www.yaary.com
Buy my CDs at http://www.mellowjet.de
oldschool57

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Schematic?
Thanks for doing this!
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oldschool57 wrote:
Schematic?
Thanks for doing this!

When everything is tested and in its final version, I'll offer PCBs and publish schematics.

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Front Panel Preview Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's what I'll put my prototype behind ...

JH.

son_of_stormtide_flanger_frontpanel_preview.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.73 KB
 Viewed:  667 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

son_of_stormtide_flanger_frontpanel_preview.jpg

TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks very complete Shocked

hmm wander how i gonna crop that into a 5u panel
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
looks very complete Shocked

hmm wander how i gonna crop that into a 5u panel

I won't, but I'm sure somebody will! Laughing

You can either make a very wide 5U panel, or omit the modulation stuff.

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

myes,depending on the potvalues,i will probably need to use concentric pots.

as soon as you have a wiring diagram plz post it juergen,can start the layout check for my panels
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:

as soon as you have a wiring diagram plz post it juergen,can start the layout check for my panels

LOL, I haven't even wired it myself, yet!

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
TekniK wrote:

LOL, I haven't even wired it myself, yet!

JH.

Wink
Page 2 of 14 [330 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: