electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Hi all
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all.

Just wanted to mention that I just sent a patch to the 'experimental' subforum. Look for a topic about Emu Morpheus.

So what is the protocol for sending patches? Send them to the 'finished' or 'experimental' subforums and mention it here in the 'discussion' subforum so people know about it? Or do you guys all keep checking the various subforums to see what has been added, and not mention it here?

Dave Peck

Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Dave,

Nice to see you on the forum too welcome

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I always check all the new "clavia nord modular" subforums. They are marked orange if something has been added since the last time you visited, so it's easy to keep track. Therefore, for me it would be perfectly ok to present it in a completed or experimental subforum, and add any comments on the patch in that same thread.

Paul
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Hi All Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Dave,
Nice to have the "king of pads" here Smile
As you see, there's much more going on for the G2 overhere. My patching for the NM is limited(time, time , time). So that's why i'm not on the NM list very often. G2 has my attention now.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Hi all Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Or do you guys all keep checking the various subforums to see what has been added, and not mention it here?

Yes, indeed that's the way :-)

It helps to be logged in into the forum as it can help you remember a bit (by showing orange highlights for threads with new meessages in 'm). That's what I do for the Clavia section, for the forum as a whole I use the 'what's new since last logon' function.

For me it works best to keep my browser always open and never log off from the forum (but I do disconnect my phone line, and the forum software seems to understand that I'm gone after doing nothing for a while). Depending on what you do the forum's idea about your history shifts a bit & so experiment a bit with it.

When I loose track and I still want to find out what I missed I use the 'what's new since last week' search (on http://electro-music.com/forum/ ), there are some more helpfull links there as well.

The search facilities are very usable BTW.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can also use the G2 patch archive, http://electro-music.com/g2patches.php

This is sorted by default from most recent posted patch to the oldest, but you can sort them anyway you want.

The software is weak at keeping track of your last loging because it relies on cookies stored on the browser. This works, but sometimes it loses it's place when your computer or browser crashes, or you log in from another computer. I am trying to come up with ta mod that will store all the unread posts in the database. Some wrote a mod for this but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. It's on my priority list.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rob

G2 patch files: 109

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hi all Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Hi all.
So what is the protocol for sending patches? Send them to the 'finished' or 'experimental' subforums and mention it here in the 'discussion' subforum so people know about it? Or do you guys all keep checking the various subforums to see what has been added, and not mention it here?

Dave Peck

What works good is to first send in the patch in the proper 'area'. Then, after you submitted the message with the patch and you select the 'View message' option, the posted message shows up on screen. The URL of this message shows up in the internet browser toolbal 'Adres' line. Select this URL and do Ctrl-C to copy the URL to the Windows copy buffer. Then go to e.g. this subforum and make a new topic.
To insert the link to the message with the patch first click on the URL button and the do Ctrl-V to paste the link. The URL button now has an asterix. Close the link by putting the text cursor at the end of the link and again by clicking at the URL button.
Of course you should use copy and paste for some other text until you pasted the link, as that would destroy the link in the copy buffer.

That should do the job. It is easy after you have tried it a few times.

/Rob
Chet

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy, Dave! Glad to hear from you! I just registered myself, and I'm learning how the forum works.

Now I'm gonna have to get to patching, so I have something to post...
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Chet!

If this Forum has a contest for best avatar, yours would get my vote.

Dave Peck (who hasn't been sending in nearly enough patches lately. I'll work on that.)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave, have you had a chance to post pictures of your trip to Tibet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chet

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 35

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Dave!

The dog is from the cover of a birthday card. Inside, he says something like "Wow, I didn't know humans lived that long".
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: