electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2 expansion board installation
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
groovestix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: G2 expansion board installation Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

I'm new here and to Nord instruments, too.

I'm attempting to install the expansion board into the G2. I've removed the 7 black panel screws, the screw under the synth beneath the mod wheel, and loosened the two side screws as per the instructions included with the board. The lid won't come off though. I tried gently lifting the cover and tugging a bit harder. It feels like there is a screw still holding it down, perhaps from the bottom panel somewhere in the center.

When I was researching this keyboard I recall coming across a post somewhere that mentioned this same situation. Unfortunately, I don't know where I saw that and search attempts haven't come across it again.

There are additional screws on the bottom, but I do not know which if any of them would solve this problem nor do I want to experiment to find the right one.

Who's finished installing one of these, what am I missing?

Thanks

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to the forum...

Check out this post: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-2263.html

I hope that's it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
groovestix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's the one, thanks!

I've installed the card, but I'm uncertain that the internal software has registered the new board. According to the instructions, it says that the letters"Exp" should appear after the OS version number in the main display. No such (or any other) letters appear when I power up. The version number 1.01 comes up but that's it.

What other way can I use to check the status or increased memory level this G2 should now have? Is there a way to do this with only the synth? I've been exploring the sounds and editing via the keyboard only. I haven't checked out the PC/Mac interfacing software yet.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the forum !

The only way I'd know to tell whether the expansion is working is to load a patch with known resource usage and see how many voices can be had with that patch ... but that would require the editor program I suspect.

Maybe it's possible to see resource usage from the synth display (I 've got an angine myself and engines don't have a display and I can't find it right now in the manual).

When you make, or have, a 26 .. 50% patch it should have 8 voices unexpanded and 16 expanded.

And ... 1.01 ... you really should update to a more recent version, if only it was to be able to load all the fantastic patches posted on this site :-)

Current version is 1.24 but 1.25 won't take very long probably to see light.

Jan.
groovestix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a new unit shipped in September this year. It's "funny" how the manual states that there is no need to update the OS because it ships with the latest version. Apparently, this one sat around a little while before it found its rightful new owner...

I've never downloaded an OS update. How do I go about this and then transfer it to the G2? Do I need any special software outside of what is provided by Clavia. What about hardware?

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest you get the latest version of the software. Here is the link to the Clavia site where you can get it: http://www.clavia.com/G2/software.htm

There are instructions there. You don't need any additional special software or hardware (except for the USB port).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
groovestix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.
pstnotpd

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 1.24 does indeed say Exp on the startup screen when the expansion is installed.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: