electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
swap meet at electro-music 2009
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: swap meet at electro-music 2009 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We will have a swap meet on Friday and Saturday at electro-music 2009.
(October 30 and 31 from 10am to noon)
So bring your unloved gear to sell or trade!

shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well-done well-done well-done well-done well-done gift well-done well-done well-done
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great idea guys !!! OH, it will be tempting. I know I wlways walk away with 20 or so CD's from the dealers table and NOW this ??? He he he .... I better bring more cashola !

Thanks guys
Bill
electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Swap
Subject description: What I have / what I need
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too much unused stuff here, some too heavy to carry with me on the fly.

Some instruments I might part with:

Yamaha RM1X , A3000 sampler, GC10 MIDI guitar, Emu e6400 sampler, some peavey module, Alesis HR16B with DB25 port, unbent circuitbendables and more.

Parts: 80xxx IC's (processors, memory, Eproms, utility chips etc. Maybe you could build yourself a Z80 again )
Other IC's , obsolete or I don't know how to use them.
Misc. stuff like too much R/2R arrays,Nixi tubes, nice casings (dental office equipement), cute mini portable tv to wobble, floppy and harddisks to bend etc.

My partner has been threatening to throw away stuff, as I have a habit of letting stuff pile up and not have the need, time, patience or expertise to finish projects.

Anything that makes a sound and would be compact to store is considdered as trade material. I like effects, could use more potmeters, switches,OTA's , other parts you might have bought in bulk.

Another trade option would be I could build you something and you build me something. I like the sound of bent and diy stuff, and do solder, but enjoy the mechanical aspect of building / modifying more than the soldering. So I could make your enclosures or interface, you could build me circuits. (my stuff has the "meticoulously improvised handbuilt from recycled stuff" look. No pristene pro looking laserprinted frontplates)

Don't be offended , I'm interested in your sounds but due to lack of money I will probably not be buying any CD's, and if I would I'd probably listen to them once or twice. Most of the music I hear is online nowadays and usually listened to once.

I propose to list your tradables here somewhat more elaborate.

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Swap
Subject description: What I have / what I need
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

electri-fire wrote:

I propose to list your tradables here somewhat more elaborate.

I think thats a good idea and have been meaning to do that myself. Will get back with a decent list soon!

Already got my eye on a few of electri-fires stuff!

Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Swap meet stuff Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FYI

I will be bringing a few things to the table. Some bendables...Speak & such's, Assorted other bendables, Mall madnesses, ets.

Also a VSS-30.

And, a rather rare Casio PT-7. In box with original manual.

Also I'll be bringing some raw joysticks, a pattch pin matrix, and assorted other "things"...

See ya all there.

Danno
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to bring my modified electric guitar for sale or trade. This is a Fender Squire Affinity Strat in black with serial #1 of the Own Your Tone guitar kit installed. This kit makes the guitar sound better than possible with pickups because it does not have the second order low-pass filter characteristics of all those turns of wire. Instead, it has magnets under the strings and a hidden transformer that do the job.

The guitar also has a handle-hole cut in it, a custom chainmaille strap that is a fixed length (extra long), and comes with optional stand, cable, and Fender Frontman 15G amplifier. I figure that being serial #1 of a new product that makes the guitar sound better is worth something from a collecting perspective. Plus the thing has literally hundreds of hours of development time in it.

I'd like to get $500 for the whole thing, which is a deal because I've got about $400 in it and oodles of time and effort as well.

Also I will be taking pre-orders for Own Your Tone guitar kits which are $150 each. You can install the kit yourself or have a luthier do it, because the kit installation is a bit much for some folks.

See you there!

Les Paul
haha, no, it's Les Hall actually! Cool

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a list of items Id like to sell or trade:

Audio-Technica Kitpak ~ 4 pack drum mics with case (2 snare/tom 2 kick/tom)

Hohner Melodica with case

DOD Analog Delay pedal

Hohner Chromatic Harmonica

2 Shure SM 57 mics

may have a few more things I add to this as the days start to get closer Very Happy

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If someone wants to trade me an old Mac notebook, say about 2006 or 2007 vintage, for the guitar then I can manage that. Or maybe I could include a little cash or throw in the nearly new $300 netbook that I have if you have a decent Mac notebook to trade.

I'm currently using my eMac and netbook in combination to run the Game Show, and the eMac hard disk is full plus it's a real kludge of a setup. I'd much rather do the show from a more modern Mac of any flavor really, iMac, Mac Mini, or MacBook - whatever will work for the show and my general purpose use.

Just let me know...

Les

shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to add to my other listings~

Light-triggered theremin
Numerous Harmonicas, Harp Holder, and reed plates
Numerous Dan-Electro Pedals (reverb, 2 slapecho, chorus,phaser)
Dean Markley Acoustic Guitar Pick up
Hohner Recorder
Asian Percussion Bell
Volume Pedal
2 Shure SM58's
Roland TR-505 Drum Machine

DOD FX90 Analog Delay

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want that asian percussion bell! Woohoo, this is gonna rock!

Les

egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have items you don't think you can sell or trade, consider offering them as door prizes. We'll have a drawing each day.
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a Boss RC-20 (the original, not the XL model) looping pedal in near-mint condition that I don't use any more now that I have an RC-50. Might someone be interested?
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
If you have items you don't think you can sell or trade, consider offering them as door prizes. We'll have a drawing each day.

Dude, I've got a show controller that i built myself. I doubt if I can sell it cause it's a highly specialized piece of kit. Would be a great door prize for a ChucKist or somesuch. Just let me know....

Les

p.s. it cost about $75 to build, but i had the parts in stock so it was basically free for me...

ThinAir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Stuff for Swap Meet Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My list of unloved gear I hope sell. All are in good working condition.

Yamaha TX 802 (two units)
MFB Synth Lite
Lexicon Vortex
Kaoss Pad 2 (KP2)
Korg SDD-2000 analog delay

After my Delicate Monster set on Friday night I'll sell my Kurzweil SP88.

I'll set prices slightly lower than what you could get these things for on ebay.

Anybody interested?

Steve Bowman
(Thin Air; Delicate Monster)

Last edited by ThinAir on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You've got My attention.
electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ark, Shanemorris, you have stuff I like, I'm broke tough. can't spend whatsoever. if there's anything you would like of my stuff, be fast, I need to pack tonight.

Thinair, same story really, all nice stuff exept for the Yamaha's I don't want. But out of curiosity, I might be tempted : How much for the Vortex?
NEOREV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will be bringing an Alesis Multimix8 USB mixer and an Evolution UC33-E midi controller for sale or trade... both in excellent condition.
ThinAir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've poked around in eBay and a few other places to get an idea for market prices for the things I'm selling.

It looks like $180 would be a fair price for the Kaoss KP2. I have the original power wart and box. It's barely used (I upgraded to the KP3).

$180 is also the price I have on each of the Yamaha TX 802 units.

The Vortex goes for $180 as well. I have the manual and double foot switch, which is hard to find.

(Just a coincidence that everything comes out to about $180.)

I can't decide what to sell the MGB Synth Lite II for; there haven't been any recent sales on eBay. I keep thinking I should keep it. But I'll bring it with me and consider offers over $250. I bought it off Mark Jenkins, analog expert and musician, at the first E-M in 2005. I also have the manual printed out. It's in excellent condition, only used in my smoke-free, animal restricted, vegan studio and three electro-music conferences.

Steve
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the first EM swap meet was a great success! i scored some great equipment that i both bought and traded for.

i was also so glad to get rid of almost everything i brought...which was cool to see those instruments put to some good use!

look forward to next years swap meet and would like to encourage people to bring more things to trade! There was a lot of interest in the swap meet, but most people were more interested in buying. I have no problem with selling and buying...but it would be cool to see more stuff for trade in the future as well. Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

bbinkovitz

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will bring stuff for trade next year... this year i wasn't sure how exactly it would go, so i was hesitant to lug a bunch of stuff that far. but we have many things that would be good to sell/trade that would be useful for electro-musicians, from generic stuff like lots of knobs and switches, to several keyboards and toys and such.

i really enjoyed buying a vintage electronics set, and would have grabbed up the speak and spells if i had more money or something to trade for them.

distro: http://paperisbad.com/
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flying from the UK I really couldn't bring anything, and I really shouldn't have bought anything either, but for some reason I just couldn't resist Very Happy

It was great fun just hanging out at Dan's Toy Store and watching everyone have fun with his collection of musical toys and stuff, and I'm having greta fun with the VSS30 I bought and will be using it for future live stuff for sure Smile

So I thought the swap meet was a great success!

Danno Gee Ray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm so glad you're having fun with it.

I wanted get the fun things in the hands of those who would put them to good use. It appears to have gone that way very well.

Thanks to everyone who traded with me. I thoroughly enjoyed that part of the event as well. Seeing so many people just cut loose and "play" with the toys was a joy!
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: