electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
ReaktorG2
Page 4 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
veta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:

The planned date for delivery is:

May/2012

does this mean you are going to be posting multiple daily updates here for the next 2 years? Shocked

maybe you should get your own forum.

also, a serious question: have you ever considered the possibility that this project of yours might be a major disincentive for Clavia to produce a new G3 modular, seeing as how you are planning to not only reproduce the G2 but to improve & expand upon it?
bantri

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

veta wrote:
does this mean you are going to be posting multiple daily updates here for the next 2 years? Shocked

The plan for the interval beetween postings is in the range [daily,weekly].

veta wrote:
Have you ever considered the possibility that this project of yours might be a major disincentive for Clavia to produce a new G3 modular, seeing as how you are planning to not only reproduce the G2 but to improve & expand upon it?

If they insist in re-using the Motorola 56k processor family for the third generation, it won´t make any difference at all... it will fail.

The market has changed... the main products for DSP on the market *today* (IMHO) are XITE-1 and UAD-2... and both use SHARC´s.

The Motorola 56k family simply can´t compete in cost/benefit ratio with those. (not to mention that TigerSHARC´s are already appearing on the market and deliver even more MFLOPS)

From the "user point of view" this evolution will be very interesting...
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

veta wrote:

also, a serious question: have you ever considered the possibility that this project of yours might be a major disincentive for Clavia to produce a new G3 modular, seeing as how you are planning to not only reproduce the G2 but to improve & expand upon it?

With that kind of reasoning no one would ever do anything. If someone makes an improved virtual modular for free (?), that can only be a good thing. If it's not improved there's no harm either, just an interesting avenue explored.

Clavia's plans and reasoning is as predictable as the weather anyway.

I have to admire your long-term planning though, bantri. Smile Though I'm personally not sure I'll want to invest in Reaktor for this. Do you plan to charge something for ReaktorG2 once it's finished?

/Stefan

bantri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
I have to admire your long-term planning though, bantri. Smile Though I'm personally not sure I'll want to invest in Reaktor for this. Do you plan to charge something for ReaktorG2 once it's finished?

Not a single cent... It´s a love labor.
(I am doing it in my spare time, and enjoying it... like tasting a fine wine in a crystal glass the way it should be done... very slowly...)

(I am expecting a different kind of profit in this project...)
bantri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Studying Fourier Analysis...
(Too much to be done...)
dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Bazille Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this neat vst plugin, The Bazille semi modular, takes some ideas from the g2 cables. it does sound good, but is semi-modular. Doesn't want to make me to give up my G2 at all, but the sound is decent.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

An alpha version is available

Mac: http://www.u-he.com/Bazille01Mac.component.zip (AU only, DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY ON POWERPC)

Win: http://www.u-he.com/Bazille01Win.zip (put Bazille.dll and Bazille.data in Vstplugins)

Ok, blue hell may yank this post as being OT, but I think it's worth mentioning, and could inspire bantri Smile
/Dasz
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bazille Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:
but I think it's worth mentioning, and could inspire bantri Smile

/me agrees Laughing

bantri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must mention a factor that i consider very important then...
(Which i consider a strong point for the G2 interface)

More important than the modules that you SEE, are the modules that you DON´T SEE.

The modular interface becomes much more clean and organized, when, you have the hability to *remove the unused modules*, (and "move around" the used ones) so you can focus on the *minimal number of modules capable to perform the type of synthesis that you want*.

In this way, it´s also possible to present *very simple cases* of the classical synthesis theories in practice.
(To allow beginners in the modular synthesis field, to have an easy start...)

That project seems to be very good, but, by looking at that picture, i think that it lacks this feature specifically...)
dasz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bantri,

I agree that the Bazille semi modular lacks in flexibility, and has a ways to go. But the connectors are nice, and the sound is very nice as well. From a big picture point of view, it is nice, although the UI (esp the osc and filter UI) could be done better in my opinion.

I agree that the modules you do not see are more important than the ones you do see, as without a great framework, the system will suffer.

Thus, I think my point is, it would be awesome to hear the results of your work, as the skin of a modular system is as important as the sound (those modules you can't see). And perhaps a demo we could download or run in reaktor.

/Dasz
bantri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In this case, i guess that you will receive an extra gift first...
(A *very* important one...)
Consider this development... the best patience practice that you will *ever* receive... cause i have no hurry at all...
Feel free to accept this "patience" gift... or... feel free to leave this topic, if you have more urgent things to do....
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri,

Quote:
In this case, i guess that you will receive an extra gift first...
(A *very* important one...)
Consider this development... the best patience practice that you will *ever* receive... cause i have no hurry at all...
Feel free to accept this "patience" gift... or... feel free to leave this topic, if you have more urgent things to do....

patience is a virtue ... totally ...

I'm in no hurry, and I do not see a reason to leave Wink Hell, I am constantly improving the sound algorithms I design and develop in my G2s (and my other gear), and so I don't see getting bored or running out of ideas any time soon ...

All I'm saying is it will be nice to hear your experiments whenever you are ready so we can comment and give feedback as your development proceeds ... this thread is making me nostalgic Smile

/Dasz
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My copy of Komplete is almost paid for, but the new Mac I'm going to get to run it on hasn't even been bought yet... so I'm certainly in no rush either. Very Happy

Of course, I think trying to port the G2 interface would be a remarkable accomplishment as well in itself. I admire your work ethic!!

Cheers,

Peter K.
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dasz wrote:
All I'm saying is it will be nice to hear your experiments whenever you are ready so we can comment and give feedback as your development proceeds ... this thread is making me nostalgic Smile

/Dasz

I have to admit that you are right... i "planted the seed" and i have to admit that it is not fair not to distribute "that seed"....

Here in this mail there is the full development...
(No man is an island...)

Please if anyone decides to make an extra module, post it in this topic...

Have fun Smile
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missed the link....

Here´s the full work...

http://www.4shared.com/file/124912206/2f755695/Reaktor_Work.html
bantri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Going a little slower.
(Researching other things...)
bantri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey?
Where is everybody?
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:
Hey?
Where is everybody?
Holidays are over and school started?
Sorry, couldn't control myself...
And I'm not of any use, because I don't own Reacter: I don't even know how to spell it right!

Wink

Wout
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:
Where is everybody?

Huh, I was sleeping man Shocked

I follow this thread with interest BTW, even when not writing really.

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
bantri wrote:
Where is everybody?

Yeah me too.

/Stefan

bantri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you friends, i´m very happy to know this. Smile
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:
Hey?
Where is everybody?

in the cities and towns, and villages, we live in, of course Smile
/Dasz
dasz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bantri wrote:
Missed the link....

Here´s the full work...

http://www.4shared.com/file/124912206/2f755695/Reaktor_Work.html

cool.

I appreciate the effort you are putting into this.

with all the ui pieces, I suppose one could even build some really nice looking sequencers, and/with touch screen interfaces as well.
/Dasz
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just came onto this thread. Bantri, so glad you picked electro-music.com to connect with the world on this project. Thanks for the kind words. If now, or down the road, you think your project would benefit with it's own sub forum, just send me a PM.

I too applaud your project. I started using SynthMaker to do something, but it turned out to be much more than I can handle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bantri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I just came onto this thread. Bantri, so glad you picked electro-music.com to connect with the world on this project.

I like electro music... it was relatively easy to use this forum for this project.

mosc wrote:
Thanks for the kind words. If now, or down the road, you think your project would benefit with it's own sub forum, just send me a PM.

Probably i will remain here in the g2 discussion because that project IS kind of G2 cloning.

mosc wrote:
I too applaud your project. I started using SynthMaker to do something, but it turned out to be much more than I can handle.

My advice would be to give reaktor a shot, to see differences between it and synth maker...
peterkadar

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Blue Hell wrote:
bantri wrote:
Where is everybody?

Yeah me too.

/Stefan

Me three. Laughing
Page 4 of 7 [151 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: