electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
The Game Show
Page 1 of 3 [58 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: The Game Show
Subject description: Lots of fun
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahahahhha, this show was so freakin' cool! We had lots of participation from the chatroom and everyone had a good time. Rob was the weiner, the Oskar Meyer weiner, for getting the most points though that is debatable. Listen to it, it's funny!

Les

GameShow090828.mp3
 Description:
The Game Show!

Download
 Filename:  GameShow090828.mp3
 Filesize:  56.05 MB
 Downloaded:  1993 Time(s)

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fun, for sure Les .... Thanks for the "belly laughs" . Laughing .. we all had a good time in the chat room ...

Bill

gsn-logo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.14 KB
 Viewed:  925 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

gsn-logo.jpg

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahhaaha, Bill, what a perfect graphic for the show! Let's use it next time Smile

Les

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love it!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was fun! Dang that Rob Sol Laughing
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Hahhaaha, Bill, what a perfect graphic for the show! Let's use it next time

Hmm, I am not sure we can use it because that the GAME SHOW NETWORK logo from my cable TV service .. BUT, I can make another "custom" graphic for you if you like. Wink

Bill
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Quote:
Hahhaaha, Bill, what a perfect graphic for the show! Let's use it next time

Hmm, I am not sure we can use it because that the GAME SHOW NETWORK logo from my cable TV service .. BUT, I can make another "custom" graphic for you if you like. Wink

Bill

Oh, then we can't use it. If you'd like to make a graphic then I'm all for that, Bill! What a fun show it was! More tame stuff on the horizon, but I'll do another game show as soon as I can!

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If streaming latency is fairly consistent once a connection has been established, I have a suggestion. At the start of "The Game Show" the Host does a latency check. The Host say a key word/phrase and when everyone hears it, they type in a response (eg, "NOW!").

Whoever has the longest latency becomes the Official Timer for the Show.

Nobody can make a guess until the Official Timer says "NOW!!" Players lose points if they jump in to soon. When the Official Timer hears the song start, he or she says, "NOW." Then the guessing begins.

If someone else hasn't heard the music start when the Official Timer says "NOW!!" that person gets to be the New Official Timer. The Prior Official Timer then gets to play, and as a special bonus gets a point for having been the Official Timer.

This way chatters won't see 10 people guessing before they even hear the tune.

Just a thought.
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
If streaming latency is fairly consistent once a connection has been established, I have a suggestion. At the start of "The Game Show" the Host does a latency check. The Host say a key word/phrase and when everyone hears it, they type in a response (eg, "NOW!").

Whoever has the longest latency becomes the Official Timer for the Show.

Nobody can make a guess until the Official Timer says "NOW!!" Players lose points if they jump in to soon. When the Official Timer hears the song start, he or she says, "NOW." Then the guessing begins.

If someone else hasn't heard the music start when the Official Timer says "NOW!!" that person gets to be the New Official Timer. The Prior Official Timer then gets to play, and as a special bonus gets a point for having been the Official Timer.

This way chatters won't see 10 people guessing before they even hear the tune.

Music Man ......... very good solution to the problem .... good thinking man !!! Wink

Les, what ya think ??? ....

AND, in reference to a show graphic we were talking about Les ....

OK, I will do up a graphic fo the Electromusic Radio GAME SHOW then sir !!!! Laughing

Bill
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The timer idea is good, but you still have the problem with some people having more time to listen to the track than others. If someone hears it before you, they can simply write the answer down and wait until the timer shouts "now!" then press enter.

I definitely had an unfair advantage because my latency is less than others, so next time I will put a 30 second delay on my stream to allow for others a fair game. Promise! Wink

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it definintely seems like some kind of equality is needed due to varying latency. Plus the chat is difficult to monitor when you are doing a show. Jan is like half-way across the planet, maybe he'd make a good timer for the next show. Anyways, I hope to do another game show soon cause it was loads of fun!

Les

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game show was good fun! Smile Good to hear some cool stuff I have failed to check up too, especially a couple of Unkle Krunkus tunes. thumleft

/Stefan

Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Stefan! Very Happy
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hadn't commented on this but I had a fun time with this show even if I was one of those victims of latency (or something). I also think it's good that Les is taking his show new places. It's always a good time.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what we are going to do about the latency problem. Perhaps I can purposely pace the show slower or something. The notion of a slow judge seems good too. Maybe Shane can be judge, he's got a slow net hookup...
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bill made a logo for the game show, we can use it next time the show airs. Here it is (I love it!):

Les

GameShowLogo.jpg
 Description:
The Game Show Logo
 Filesize:  117.51 KB
 Viewed:  34799 Time(s)

GameShowLogo.jpg

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good News! I've decided to do another game show next week! Sunshine says she will probably be here and I'm hoping that someone maybe Shane will be the scorekeeper/timekeeper.

Plus there will be a new component to the show: "Door number one, Door number two, and Door number three" in which you win virtual prizes. These are not real prizes so don't get your hopes up for gear lust! One of the prizes will be a Nord Modular, so be sure to participate and maybe you'll win a pretend prize and all the honor and bragging rights!

Les

p.s. Rob is disqualified from winning since he won last week but he can still participate and embarrass all the slackers! hahhahhha!

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Plus there will be a new component to the show: "Door number one, Door number two, and Door number three" in which you win virtual prizes. These are not real prizes so don't get your hopes up for gear lust! One of the prizes will be a Nord Modular, so be sure to participate and maybe you'll win a pretend prize and all the honor and bragging rights!

Actually, here is what I can do to spice things up Wink I will donate a prize for the winner ... one copy of MIDI BEAR and FRIENDS CD Sampler Vol. 1 !!!! Yippi !!

Bill
thundarr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great stuff Smile

Meandering ambient drone doom
http://www.myspace.com/trollmannavildtoppberg
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case Les decides to do the thing where the host opens a non-prize door after the contestant makes his/her first selection, I'd like to inform you of the Monty Hall Problem. Only fair. Wink

I was lusting after the make-believe Nord, but a MIDI BEAR sampler? Mm...

/Stefan

Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks folks, and thanks especially to Bill for the prize CD! That will really add some spice for sure.

I've been advised to to give away pretend prizes, so better yet I will give away points. There will be positive and negative points behind the doors. Also there will be an optional coin toss that is separate from the doors. This should make things more interesting.

Les

Sound

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations, Les and Sunshine, other great show. Good idea to post it here because where is night when there is day.

Very Happy

Regards!
Inventor
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This week we had our second electro-music.com Game Show. Last week's winner, Rob, kept score and here is the final score report:

Quote:
8:02 robsol: ok the full score report: Jez 10 - Jan 7 - Stefan 4 - Shane 4 - Bill 3 - Dr Steve 3 - Howard 2 - Kevin 1 - Thundarr 1 - Sound 1

As promised, Bill was kind enough to donate a MIDI BEAR and FRIENDS CD Sampler Vol 1 to the winner who was Jez. Congratulations Jez, who won even though the show was fixed and rob cheated! Chaos and mayem ensued as always and lots of joking around went on of course.

Thanks and kudos to all who participated. We'll do another Game show in perhaps a few weeks. Oh, and I'll get the recording posted as soon as convenient.

Les

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn I'm almost good Razz

Was fun Les, thanks!

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CD prizes have been mailed to our winners today : Jez and Rob ..... both from the UK ..... hmmmm ......... Laughing Congrats to both of you man !!!

Bill
Page 1 of 3 [58 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: