electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
Virtual Keyboard disappeared from DEMO G2 ?!?
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Virtual Keyboard disappeared from DEMO G2 ?!? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

I was playing with the DEMO version of the G2 while at work (uh... I was on a lunch break.... yeah, that's right, a lunch break....) and I don't know what I did but I suddenly noticed that the virtual keyboard had vanished from the screen and I can't get it to reappear. And since it's the DEMO, this pretty much makes it useless.

Anybody else ever had this happen? Anything I can do beside uninstalling & reinstalling?

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen something like this before, where windows looses it's mind about tracking where windows are kept (ie-for when there's a multiple display system). So, in essence, I think windows thinks it's being drawn on another screen (be it real or virtual).

I don't know if you have an nvidia or the like system, which sometimes has virtual displays, and hence also controls for bring all windows to 1 display, which may fix your problem.

Other than that, I don't know what the fix is, but it may serve as a search point for you to start from.
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i've seen similar things, only to realize in the end that the window had been dragged mostly off the screen. i don't know if this is what happened to you, but i just tried it with my copy of the demo, and was able to drag the virtual kbd all the way off the screen (on the bottom). by right clicking on the task bar, you can uncheck "lock the taskbar" (if it's locked), and then drag the taskbar down so it can't be seen...there you _should_ see the virtual kbd that was hiding behind the taskbar. without the taskbar showing, i can't drag it all the way off, so i expect this will solve the problem (assuming a windows pc...if it's mac, i have no idea, the latest mac operating system i've used is 7.61 on nubus hardware).

i can't remember off the top of my head what software i had this problem with, but i know i spent a lot of time being frustrated.

deknow

edit: ...i find i can come really close to dragging off the screen completely, but there is just a little bit of blue showing, and it can be grabbed.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Virtual Keyboard disappeared from DEMO G2 ?!? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davep wrote:
Anything I can do beside uninstalling & reinstalling?

In C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Clavia you'll find a file called "Modular G2 demo.pref". This is where the window positions are stored.

You could try to quit the demo, and then edit this file in notepad. It is not clear which range of numbers is for which window, but when you first make a copy of the pref file before you change anything you could always go back.

Alternatively you could try to delete this file in the hope the software will make a new one (which most software does with settings/ini files).

Wasssn't it a bit early for a lunchbreak BTW scratch .. I mean I just had mine ...

Ok back to work here as well Very Happy

davep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BAH! There is no Clavia folder in the Application Data folder. (BTW this PC is on a network). And I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Demo, still no virtual keyboard. This is lame. I hate computers. No, they hate me.

The odd thing is that in addition to the Demo I also have the regular G2 Editor installed and there IS a virtual keyboard in THAT app (which doesn't do any good at all).

But thanks for the help, guys. I'll keep checking here in case there are any other ideas.

Dave P

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There should be a pref somewhere ... actually two, one for each editor ... maybe right click on "my computer" select "search..." and then in "search for files or folders named" type "*.pref" click "search now" and have a lunchbreak - and a coffee break - have dinner - depending on how many disks you have, it should search your nework drive(s) as well.

I think that on a deinstall the .pref files are not erased or rewritten.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it hides behinf the task bar ? This seems possible when the taskbar is not on "auto hide".

You could drag the taskbar to another place (screen edge) and see if it shows up. Maybe first unlock the taskbar by right clicking on it & unchecking that item.

I just dragged the kbd to the lower left corner, not only is it hardly visible then but it's not really easy to get it back either.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok another trick ... set your screen resolution higher, or if it is on it's highest value set it lower, start the editor, stop the editor, set the resultion back and see if the kb shows up.
davep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Maybe it hides behinf the task bar ? This seems possible when the taskbar is not on "auto hide".

You could drag the taskbar to another place (screen edge) and see if it shows up. Maybe first unlock the taskbar by right clicking on it & unchecking that item.

I just dragged the kbd to the lower left corner, not only is it hardly visible then but it's not really easy to get it back either.

!!!! DOH !!!!!! That did it. The little bastard was hidden behind the task bar the whole time. I unlocked the taskbar, scooted it down until it was almost invisible, and there was the top edge of the virtual keyboard peeking out at me sheepishly. I think it knew it was in trouble. Ah well, I just can't stay mad at the little fellow.

Thanks Jan!!!

deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i thought that's what i said? geek

deknow
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
...i thought that's what i said? geek

deknow

Yes you did, sorry .. hadn't seen it ... was blindly typing wild ideas at the time. Anyway Dave has his kbd back

Jackout

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So glad I found this thread, the patch mutator disppeared a few days ago and I've been tearing my hair out ever since, it was behind the locked taskbar at the bottom! Thanks.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Bugs
Jump to: