electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Buchla Knob Group Buy #2: Big Blue Osc Knobs
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 3 [55 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Buchla Knob Group Buy #2: Big Blue Osc Knobs
Subject description: Completed. Still have a set available, PM me if you need one
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm now taking orders for the second Buchla knob group buy. This time it's for the large size, blue, skirted knob as used for Frequency Control on the 259 and elsewhere.

The knobs are $15 each.

Because of the extremely high cost of this custom knob, the minimum order quantity that Rogan is asking for, plus what I'm confident is going to be a very low demand----I must ask each person for a minimum of 10 knobs per order. If you need more than 10, it's no problem.

So, it will be $150 for 10 Knobs. I realize this isn't cheap, but please keep in mind that these same knobs trade second hand for $75 a piece.

If you would like in on the group-buy, please let me know ASAP-- I will probably only take orders for the next week or so. Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

259a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.44 KB
 Viewed:  26254 Time(s)

259a.jpg

Last edited by ericcoleridge on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
xpander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm in for at least 10.
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool; anyone else interested-- please send me a PM. Also, if anyone knows someone who may have an interest in this order, and is not a member here, feel free to let them know.

I will leave this order window open probably no longer than next Friday, August 14th. At that time I'll ask for all payments, and put the order through. Lead time for the order will be 4-5 weeks, so you can expect your knob delivery towards the third week of September. Thanks again everyone.
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Assuming from this thread, are there some 259 boards that I may have missed?
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LektroiD wrote:
Assuming from this thread, are there some 259 boards that I may have missed?

Not yet Very Happy

But many people use these knobs on the 258, plus there are other modules that use them. It's probably fair to say that these Buchla knobs are desired more by people who already own 200 systems. However, I've been using them to build some 200 reproductions.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want 10 or 20
dar303

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, I have been on a computer free vacation and I hope it is not to late!
I'll take 10, and will check with my Buchla addicted friends in Sweden today!
I would be happy to buy some of the smaller knobs too if anybody got spares since I missed out on the first GB.
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to start collecting payments for the Rogan freq knob order now. As soon as I have all of the funds collected I'll start the order process. Hopefully, this will happen by this time next week; then there will be a 3 to 5 week lead time for manufacture. I will send out all of the orders immediately after I receive the shipment from Rogan. Thanks for your order and for helping to make this group buy possible.

Payment can be sent via paypal to synthbay (at) gmail (dot) com

Please include your e-m screen name with your payment.

Also, please remember to add a $10 flat fee (for any knob quantity) for shipping and paypal charges. Thanks again.
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone who still wants in on this buy, I'll need payment immediately. I want to put the order through in the next few days, and I haven't received many payments yet. So, let me know as soon as possible, so that that they'll be enough knobs for everyone who wants them. Thanks
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's about time I post an update here. I'm still waiting on the last two payments that I had knob requests for. I very much expected to have all of the payment in and the knobs ordered by the beginning of this moth but this has not been the case and so I want to let everyone know that things have been pushed back a bit. If I don't get these last two payments soon, I will see if I can place a smaller oder with Rogan.

Thanks very much for everyones patience. If you have any concerns, just let me know.
frenchyinmunich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: I don't get any answer from ericco... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I ordered and paid for 20 such a knobs.
I asked ericco 2 questions:

1) if the color of the rebuilt knobs is EXACTLY the as as the one from Rogan.

2) if it would be possible to get the 2 other kind of knobs used by Buchla.
At least, if there is no further group order, to have informations to be able to have some solutions...

I wait for an answer more than one week now...
I am getting worried and I am nearly ready to cancel my order and get back my money from Paypal if I don't get soon any information...

I am sorry, but I am sure you can understand my situation.

Best regards,

Francois
mono-poly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Francios the knobs will be the same they are from the same suplier as Buchla bought them from.

And i hope there is an order coming for the smallest knobs to.

But we just need some patience i guess.
I got some on order to.
jooks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
I also have ordered these. I think ericcoleridge have been quite busy which can explain that his not answering pm´s/emails so fast.

I´m also hoping for another group order to happen for both the small and middle sized knobs! I´d organize it myself if I only lived in the US...there´s at least 3 of us here in sweden that would like those knobs!
frenchyinmunich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Groupe buy #1 missed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.
Well, I can wait, I only didn't know about the exact shape and color.
And about the disponibilty of the other knobs, for exemple the some concerned by the group buy #1 that i missed.
I hope to have the possibility to get some as well... If someone could inform me, it would be great...

Is there a group buy #3 already running?

Regards,

Francois
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can vouch for ericco - he's a solid guy and isn't going to take your money.
mono-poly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would join a groupbuy for small knobs.
TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
I would join a groupbuy for small knobs.

i also Very Happy
toppobrillo

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me too
zthee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too!
boosimas johnson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and so uh... me too
Tasmanian Alkaloid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd also like some small ones Very Happy
dar303

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too, both small skirted and the smaller unskirted ones.
I could take 100 of the small skirted ones, I will be restoring a big system soon!
Quad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me too
zthee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like the middle knobs as well! 40 or 50 of them.
And prob. 30-40 of the smallest ones.

So if someone arranges a group buy - I'm in!

ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, I just read the recent posts here, and I'm super sorry for not being on the diy forum to update the status of this order. It took me much longer to collect everyone's payment who asked for knobs (than last time), so this is the main reason I'm behind schedule. Last time, there were some rather larger orders that made the whole thing much more expedient (and easier for me). This time, most every order was very small, so I needed everyone's payment whom I expected one from... which took awhile. This is my fault also for not anticipating drop-outs, and for being unrealistic about the time frame at the outset (which I simply based on the time it took for the last order).

I have initiated the order, and this will start the manufacturing time period next week. Again, I'm sorry that this is way behind schedule. I thought I'd have them ready to send to people by now.

If you'll allow, I do want to say that I have been checking my inbox here and my email for questions and concerns about the order, and as far as I know, I have answered all concerns immediately. I'm very aware that people have significant investments made, and, as such, I've tried to be attentive to PMs and e-mails and will continue to. I have been busy with other things and I haven't really been looking at the DIY forum specifically.

Just to be clear, these are not some reproduction of the knobs. These are the exact knobs (including color) that were used on the later Buchla 200 series (which you see in many, if not most 200 module pictures). I have seen them side by side with 70s knobs and there is no question, they are the very same.

As far as other orders are concerned... as many of you know, I conducted the smaller skirted knob order in February. Many of you were part of this order, but I know some were not. Because of the high order minimum, among some other issues, these orders are quite difficult to put together. As far as I know, since the 70s, there has been only one other group order besides mine for the smaller skirted knobs; it was in the early 2000s. I don't think there has ever been one for the larger skirted knobs-- just this one. So, long and short is, IMO you kinda have to grab them when they're offered if you want blue buchla knobs.

That said, there will very likely be another order for the small unskirted knobs after this one; and possibly, were there enough interest, a second order of the small skirted ones after that. I have also heard that someone else here was interested in conducting that, or a very similar order (for the small skirted). I can share important notes with anyone who wants to do so.

Anyway, I hope I've addressed all concerns. I'll try to update better here, but, also, don't hesitate to email, or PM me if you have any questions. Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible, and thanks for your continued patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 3 [55 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: