electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
record multiple sounds in a slot/trigger sounds from another
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Akum420

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: record multiple sounds in a slot/trigger sounds from another Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bonjour!

I want to use my G2 as sequencer and a drum sampler simultaneously. I want to use the "kick/snare/hh/..." patch from my G2. But I can't load many drum patchs in the same slot (the memory is overload).

I want to use the tip of Tim to record audio :

Slot1 : the sequencer
Slot2 : a drum patch
Slot3 : the sampler (to record/play the sound)

I load a kick patch in the slot2, I record an "one shot" from the kick in the slot3. After I load another patch in the slot2. I record an "one shot" again in the slot3 but in a second module. Same thing for each patch. All patchs are triggered from the sequencer in the slot1.

I think it's possible. Before building my patch, I have some questions :

What is the best way to record a short "one shot" sample ?

....Start to record at the same time I press a note to play the sound ? or trigger the sound and the recording by a sequencer simultaneously.
A parameter to adjust the start point (if necessary) could be a nice option too.

What about the sound quality with this technic ?
I know than after I close my G2 I lost all audio sound in the slot3 but it's ok, it's not a problem.

Is anyone has seen a small patch example on the forum to record sound?
All monsters patch by Tim are too complicated for me at the moment.

Thanks you all and have a nice week.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why sample sounds that you can already make on the G2? I don't get it.
Akum420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's impossible to load several patchs in the same slut. The memory is overloaded. Secondly it's better to sample some patchs I have because the timbre changes every time the sound is triggered. I need to choose the good take to record.

I don't have a harware sampler at the moment and I don't want to use a computer as sampler. This is not a conventional technique but I am curious to try it.

I'm doing some tests and the result is good. I'll post a patch shortly.
Akum420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Smile

Slot1 : The main sequencer to triger all samples in the slot2.

Slot2 : The recorders

Slot3 : Another loop recorder (optional)

Slot4 : Patch to record in slot2

-First go to Slot4 to choose your patch and the good variation. I already inserted a demo patch in the slot4 to make a test.

-Go to Slot2 and press the button "Record1" (A1) and press a note or a chord simultaneously.

Now you can hear the sound triggered by the 1st chanel in the slot1 without press a note. Adjust the sample start point if you need it. (A3-A4)

-Go to Slot4 again and change the patch or the variation to select another sound to record.

-Go to Slot2 and press the button "Record2" (A2) and press a note or a chord simultaneously.

Now you hear 2 samples simultaneously triggered by the slot1!!! It takes 1 minute to do everything and have fun. I use a patch from the G2 in the slut4 but you can record something from the audio in too. I tried with a guitar and my voice. The result is very good. To make all this a little bit spicy, the sound from the slot2 can be routed to another loop recorder in the slut3 (beatdestroy). I like this loop recorder! Now combine the options from the slut1,slut2 and slut3 and pffff this is crazy!

All the pach is just ripping but I think the idea is new. I don't see something like this on the forum. I will add more cells to record more sample soon but I have 2 problems before :

The start point change after 1 or 2 minute. I believe I read this problem in another topic but I read so many topics lately that I don't know where is this topic.

Another problem is the delaydual. With 2.0s, the memory is over 75%. But when I replace the range to 1.0s (to save memory) the start point change every time as a lfo move. Why ? I can't replace the range to 1.0s and keep a fixed start point?

420-SEQ+RECv24.prf2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  420-SEQ+RECv24.prf2
 Filesize:  24.17 KB
 Downloaded:  1156 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: