electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
New NM1 Voice Expansion boards
Page 1 of 2 [41 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next

Would you buy a new G1 voice expansion from Encore?
Yes
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
No
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject:  New NM1 Voice Expansion boards
Subject description: testing the waters to guage interest in a production run
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It occurred to me that there are probably a fair few people out there like me with unexpanded Nord Modular G1s who would like to get them expanded

Now that Encore are producing voice expansion boards for the G2 I wondered whether there is enough demand to get something similar done for the G1

I've asked Tony at Encore about this and it is something he has considered.

He said that he would need a loan of a board for about a month and around 40 pre-orders to make it worthwhile

Edit: expected price around $499

So is anyone else definitely interested?

Smile

Last edited by modulator_esp on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wave

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jez,

nice idea - definitely interested - but what about the price ?

I wonder about the G1 user-poll - over 1000 views but only 36 votes ?!? ...
All the G1 user lurking ?

wave
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea about price, I should imagine it would be similar to the G2 board, but we'll never find out if no-one is interested will we...
Ad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Jez,
It is an interesting idea, but at the same price as the G2 board? That's about what I paid for my G1 rack in the first place.

Ad
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Potentially interested it would really depend on price.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know how much the boards will cost, I was just guessing, if cost is a deciding factor then I will ask Tony if he has any idea, though I'd guess he would need to have a board first

Does anyone know how much the boards cost when new?

DanielW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
Potentially interested it would really depend on price.

+1 on that. The non-expanded NM is still a hell of a machine.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I've asked Tony what they are likely to cost and he said that they will be about the same (or slightly less) than a G2 board ($499), pretty much as I expected.
sonifr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would buy it at that price, simply because it is easier than finding a second expanded nord on ebay and having the spare cash to buy it. i've had an unexpanded NM1 key almost 5 years and in the last 2 years i've badly wanted/needed and expansion.
atari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys. I am selling one on SOS readers adds for £160.

Here is the link

http://www.soundonsound.com/readersads/Search.php?ProdDesc=Clavia+Nord+Modular+Expansion+Card&Cat=+&ManufName=&NoDays=30&OrderCat=1&OrderDatAZ=2

Cheers
wave

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi nm-classic user,

there are two stores in germany where you can by (some of the last, new !) nord modular (G1) voice expansions:

http://www.touched-by-sound.com/de/Keyboards-31748-Clavia_Nord_Voice_Expansion_Fuer_Modular_1.html

and:

http://www.musikhaus-korn.de/Clavia-Nord-Expansion-f-252-r-Modular-1__sca68524.aspx

I´m waiting impatiently for my order Very Happy ...
Oli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wave wrote:
there are two stores in germany where you can by (some of the last, new !) nord modular (G1) voice expansions: ...

I guess I should have looked around before paying £160 for a used unit then. It's pretty much the new price.

Oh well, guess mine will be worn in.

I'm still looking forward to my order too, just the same.

KnowGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By needing a board, do you mean the expansion board or an actual G1 board? If it's the expansion board, what's in it for the person who lends it to them? At $500 a pop, there's potential to make a lot of money.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KnowGood wrote:
what's in it for the person who lends it to them? At $500 a pop, there's potential to make a lot of money.

Probably nothing, but does it really matter? If the NM1 expansion boards do turn out to be worthwhile for the vendor and affordable for the user, this venture will likely extend the life of the NM1 and that's all that really matters.

It would be great if we could get the creative camaraderie going again for the NM1, like it used to be on the 404 list. 45,000+ patches, now that is inspiring.

The newly made G2 expansion boards seem to be making people happy.
I haven't heard of any disgruntled customers.

Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
... It would be great if we could get the creative camaraderie going again for the NM1, like it used to be on the 404 list.
Would be nice, but I only think: "We were there...!"
Quote:
45,000+ patches, now that is inspiring.
Ah, you are counting the two categories archives also! Anyway, that many is a pest, a burden! In practise unworkable, unless you grew into it in time, like you and me.

Wout
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
... Anyway, that many is a pest, a burden! In practise unworkable, unless you grew into it in time, like you and me.

Agreed. I used the # of patches contributed just to show how excited everyone was back then, as compared to the G2 community now.

Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
Agreed. I used the # of patches contributed just to show how excited everyone was back then, as compared to the G2 community now.
As I wrote: We were there Smile

I predicted Clavia the G2 would ruin the creative flow on the internet...
Sadly I was right Sad

Wout
Oli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, does anyone know anything about the hardware revisions of the expansion boards? The one I've just bought is 0.2 .

My board also seems to have a couple of sets of solder pads for IC's which are not fitted. Does anyone know if this was proposed for RAM?

The board seems quite easy to mimic, really. I guess one would need permission from Clavia to do so, and probably pay a reasonable commission to the IP holders.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oli wrote:

The board seems quite easy to mimic, really. I guess one would need permission from Clavia to do so, and probably pay a reasonable commission to the IP holders.

It sounds like you haven't heard that the company which made the after-market Expander boards for the G2 is also looking into making one for the NM1.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-33288.html

http://www.encoreelectronics.com/cont_dsp1.html

Oli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
It sounds like you haven't heard that the company which made the after-market Expander boards for the G2 is also looking into making one for the NM1.

Sorry I probably expressed myself poorly there. I was just meaning to talk about the topic in general. I don't mean to copy the board myself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

cappy2112

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
cappy2112 wrote:
As I wrote: We were there Smile

Wout

My post wasn't for you, it was for the newbies who were not there. Wink

tonykara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: NM1 DSP EXPANSION BOARDS ANNOUNCED AT ENCORE ELECTRONICS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

It's been a busy 2009 and I'm in production on an expansion board for the classic Nord Modular.

It will be available in about two week and the price will be $399.

You cannot order it quite yet, but as soon as I have inventory, I'll update the website.

Have a great New Years!!
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NM1 DSP EXPANSION BOARDS ANNOUNCED AT ENCORE ELECTRONICS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tonykara wrote:
... You cannot order it quite yet, but as soon as I have inventory, I'll update the website.
Okay. I want one Smile
Could you be so kind to include a list of USA special days and add your brithday too Wink
Quote:
Have a great New Years!!
It surely will be Smile

Wout
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NM1 DSP EXPANSION BOARDS ANNOUNCED AT ENCORE ELECTRONICS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tonykara wrote:
Hi all,

It's been a busy 2009 and I'm in production on an expansion board for the classic Nord Modular.

You cannot order it quite yet, but as soon as I have inventory, I'll update the website.

Have a great New Years!!

Excellent news, this has made my day Very Happy

sonifr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: NM1 DSP EXPANSION BOARDS ANNOUNCED AT ENCORE ELECTRONICS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
tonykara wrote:
Hi all,

Have a great New Years!!

Excellent news, this has made my day Very Happy

same here! this is awesome. i finally decided it's time to level up my modular and have been on a mission for the last week. you rule, tony- much love for your efforts. let us know as soon as they're available, you'll be getting my business. Very Happy

sign me up!
Page 1 of 2 [41 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: