electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Any Audiomulch users here ?
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Any Audiomulch users here ?
Subject description: Using Audiomulch
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I've been trying out the demo of Audiomulch and it's coming to the end of it's trial period. It has incredible potential, but I need time to really explore it properly. I'm also interested to know if there are any other AM users here, and what type of music they actually use it for ? I've decided to buy it as it seems to fit in with my band and my solo music really well. I live in the UK, and have tried to pay for it via Share-It with no success, so I'm now going to try PaPal, I would be interested to hear about how others have payed for there copy, especially if they live in Europe.

Take care,

Patchmouse.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was going to buy it just before it was released, and had a problem with their purchasing as well, so I didn't end up buying it, and went with Ableton Live instead. Very cool software, even if the GUI is pretty archaic. It seems to be pretty rock solid. Though one year ago, there seemed to be a flurry of updates, but nothing since then.
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: AudioMulch
Subject description: Buying AudioMulch

Hi, thanks for the reply, I've actually bought it ! I paid by PayPal, I hope it works ! A friend has Ableton, but its not really the looping that I want its the sound generators, and the ability to process external audio through them, and the automation on AM is very handy indeed. You know what its like when you feel that a program is right for you from the start, and I feel this way about AM. And the Meta-view is so cool, and capable of some really powerful morphing effects that suite our music down to the ground.
I've been using Reason, Samplitude, and some Arturia synth's, but this has taken us to a new level, especially in sound creation. We don't use sequencers, or loops, we play live improv straight to stereo, so Mulch is just another instrument really.

Take care !

Tony.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: AudioMulch
Subject description: Buying AudioMulch

patchmouse wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply, I've actually bought it ! I paid by PayPal, I hope it works ! A friend has Ableton, but its not really the looping that I want its the sound generators, and the ability to process external audio through them, and the automation on AM is very handy indeed. You know what its like when you feel that a program is right for you from the start, and I feel this way about AM. And the Meta-view is so cool, and capable of some really powerful morphing effects that suite our music down to the ground.
I've been using Reason, Samplitude, and some Arturia synth's, but this has taken us to a new level, especially in sound creation. We don't use sequencers, or loops, we play live improv straight to stereo, so Mulch is just another instrument really.

Take care !

Tony.

Ableton isn't just a looping tool. You can process external audio, automate your audio and midi, and it can generate its own sounds as well, not to mention many other features.

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Audiomulch. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, yes I used Ableton for a bit, and couldnt get the hang of it, and it didn't really suite me or my music, that's how it goes sometimes.
Things have changed here a lot since my last post, I am still enjoying using Audiomulch, but Reaktor is taking over a lot, I am making music on my own now, I'm not in a band anymore, so the computer and software, especially Reaktor, has been invaluable.

Take care,

Tony.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Audiomulch. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patchmouse wrote:
Hi, yes I used Ableton for a bit, and couldnt get the hang of it, and it didn't really suite me or my music, that's how it goes sometimes.
Things have changed here a lot since my last post, I am still enjoying using Audiomulch, but Reaktor is taking over a lot, I am making music on my own now, I'm not in a band anymore, so the computer and software, especially Reaktor, has been invaluable.

Take care,

Tony.

Have you tried Audio Muclh 2.0?

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Audiomulch. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
patchmouse wrote:

Take care,

Tony.

Have you tried Audio Muclh 2.0?

No I haven't, I will when I can afford the upgrade ! Which will be pretty soon hopefully. I must admit, I haven't used AM much at all lately, having disappeared into Reaktor, with some of the unusual instruments there, like Guagear and Skrewell, which I've found really inspiring. AM has some essential sounds that I use a lot, I certainly couldn't do without it.
I'm trying to figure out a way of hooking up the Meta-view in AM to Midi control, with something like a Kaoss pad ? any ideas on that would be appreciated ? from anyone here ?

Patchmouse.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Audiomulch users here ?
Subject description: Using Audiomulch

patchmouse wrote:
Hi, I've been trying out the demo of Audiomulch and it's coming to the end of it's trial period. It has incredible potential, but I need time to really explore it properly. I'm also interested to know if there are any other AM users here, and what type of music they actually use it for ? I've decided to buy it as it seems to fit in with my band and my solo music really well. I live in the UK, and have tried to pay for it via Share-It with no success, so I'm now going to try PaPal, I would be interested to hear about how others have payed for there copy, especially if they live in Europe.

Take care,

Patchmouse.

Have you (or anyone else) tried Plogue Bidule?
It has a similar look/feel to Audiomulch.
I wonder if one got the idea from the other..

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, thanks for that, no, I haven't tried Bidule. TBQH, I'm sort of OK for programs now, in fact I spread myself too thin really, I ought to buckle down and really explore one program, rather than flitting from one to another, but that's the nature of electronic music, you are always exploring, one minute you are an engineer, the next you are a composer, it goes with the territory.
I tend to use Audiomulch in a very pedestrian way, but it's contributed so many unique things to my music, I couldn't do without it. As for Bidule, well, as you say who copied who ? maybe no one ?! Sometimes people find themselves going down the same paths, even though they are totally unrelated geographically, and have never heard of each other.

Patchmouse.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AudioMulch is a good program, but if you want to do anything with feedback, it will break your heart. IMHO, it is a fatal flaw.

I know it is intended for a different purpose, but SynthMaker handles feedback almost flawlessly. (I have never had a problem with it, but I'm adding almost just in case I missed something.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
AudioMulch is a good program, but if you want to do anything with feedback, it will break your heart. IMHO, it is a fatal flaw.

I know it is intended for a different purpose, but SynthMaker handles feedback almost flawlessly. (I have never had a problem with it, but I'm adding almost just in case I missed something.)

That's what i miss about hardware, using feedback, I presume you mean the literal meaning of feeding outputs to inputs in a controlled way ?
Software will never react like hardware in this area. Feedback is something I automatically do ! just to see what will happen ! and it is disappointing with software sometimes, or even, most of the time, unless you are very very careful.

Patchmouse.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not for getting into the hardware vs. software drone again, but you can't make a blanket statement about software and feeback. Like I said, Synthmaker handles feedback. I'm sure other programs can do a good job at it too. Unfortunately, not Audiomulch, the subject of this particular topic.

Peace

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Patchmouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'm not for getting into the hardware vs. software drone again, but you can't make a blanket statement about software and feeback. Like I said, Synthmaker handles feedback. I'm sure other programs can do a good job at it too. Unfortunately, not Audiomulch, the subject of this particular topic.

Peace

Why not get into an argument ? that's what forums are for aren't they ? Very Happy

I think, and have experienced, that some hardware does a better job than software at "some things" Hardware empties your wallet very efficiently, it uses up a lot of real estate, and it provides a penis extension for a lot of spotty young guys who wear anoraks and talk in a high pitched monotonous drone about the "ARPEMS MEGASYNTH"

Regarding feedback ? volts and amps react differently to feeding back digits, big-time.

Are we talking about Audiomulch, my God !

I don't take a stand for either hardware or software, as long as it can help me make my music I don't care, although software has the edge right now for me, as it's free, most of the time, if you use shareware, all you need is a computer (also cheap) it's also open ended, I can also use my computer to write a letter, or go on forums !

I just bought Ableton 8, it requires at least the next 50 years of my life before I can do anything constructive with it....so I have to go now.....

Patchmouse.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patchmouse wrote:
I just bought Ableton 8, it requires at least the next 50 years of my life before I can do anything constructive with it....so I have to go now.....

Good move. Once you get into it, it becomes easier than you might think.

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I'm already getting some good results, I don't know what it is about Ableton, but I took to it right away, it's one of those programs, I think with software you either love it or hate it within the first ten minutes. It's got some lovely effects, I've been putting my Arturia 2600 through it, and making tracks and loops with it, just using it as an audio recorder. This is going to be yet another 1,000 mile detour up a side road that I hadn't really planned to explore, still, I'll just take in the scenery !

So long...

Patchmouse.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll tout freeware all day long, but an employee who focuses nothing but working on a good DSP algorithm, or designing a great synthesizer most often win in terms of audio quality, expressiveness, and implementation. That's very often worth it, especially if making music is your sole trade.
fac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

patchmouse wrote:
hardware does a better job than software at "some things"

patchmouse wrote:

Hardware empties your wallet very efficiently

Check.

patchmouse wrote:

it uses up a lot of real estate

Check.

patchmouse wrote:

and it provides a penis extension

I'll need to RTFM for that one.

Patchmouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
I'll tout freeware all day long, but an employee who focuses nothing but working on a good DSP algorithm, or designing a great synthesizer most often win in terms of audio quality, expressiveness, and implementation. That's very often worth it, especially if making music is your sole trade.

I have synths by Arturia, and some free ones, they all sound great to me. I have had experience of some really ropey free synth's, but I just don't use them, they normally sound so bad. I think you have to limit yourself to all this stuff, otherwise you end up getting nothing done.
These are very good, they compliment my Arturia Moog's and ARP's, they have a different sound, well worth looking at....

http://www.vstcafe.com/2009/05/elektrostudio-analog-pack-vsti.html

That's about it for me as far as soft synth's go.

Patchmouse.
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Soft synths
Jump to: