electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Possible supplier of components for JH designs.
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
magman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject:  Possible supplier of components for JH designs. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently picked up a contact for a company called utsource from this thread over in the Thomas Henry sub forum:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-35728.html

So I decided to fire off a few quotes for parts that I will need for a few projects I have planned - including some parts for some of Juergen's designs. I thought you might be interested in some of the prices I've got back so far:
    TDA1022 - $5.00 (at qty 4)
    MN3005 - $15.00 (at qty 4)
    MN3101 - $3.00 (at qty 2)
    SSM2210P - $1.50 (at qty 20)
    LM394CN - $1.50 (at qty 20)
I also had a quote of $13.00 for qty 100 of the MN3005 chips (which I thought I'd try, out of interest).

There were some other chips I also got quotes for that aren't particularly relevant to Juergen's designs, but are still quite interesting.
    SN76477N - $10.00 (at qty 1)
    LM3080N - $2.00 (at qty 10)
    ICL8038ACJD - $15.00 (at qty 2) (This is the low drift ceramic version)
    uA776HC - $5.00 (at qty 4) (This is for an Elektor Formant VCO)
Now some of these devices can be bought for similar prices elsewhere (subbing a CA3080E from Futurlec for the LM3080N for example), but some of the prices are the best I've yet seen.

utsource are probably a broker of some kind, but they do offer a 60 day warranty, PayPal and Credit Card payment, a minimum order of $10.00 and either surface postage at $8.00 or courier (2 day) at around $30.00. They also post photographs and datasheets for a lot of the parts.

I've taken the plunge anyway and raised an order with them for a collection of parts. With a bit of luck these will land in the next week and I'll run some breadboard tests to see how the parts perform.

I suspect I'll then be firing off quite a few orders to Juergen to use them properly.

Regards

Magman
diablojoy

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

orsm find, thankyou
been searching for many of these chips
will check out if they ship to OZ
best price i have yet seen for mn3005 Very Happy
diablojoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bonus Shocked Very Happy they also stock 2sc1583 for 1.50 each
ordered 30 we shall see how that goes
also sn76477 for $5.00 each
and ne570n at $3.00
maybe the find of the year, thanks again
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you ! very interesting
magman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good news, the parts all arrived today (they tried to deliver yesterday when I was at work, but no worries).

All of the parts look to be good quality and packaging was excellent - A/S foam vacuum sealed in A/S bags or in A/S tubes in a sturdy cardboard box.

I've got a couple of Jeurgen's boards on there way to me now, so it won't be long before I get some of the chips tested.

Regards

Magman
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting.

They also have CA3080A and in can package
TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

super service,highly recommended,

just got my order in.
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all, I've just raised a quote from these guys, and the prices are hard to believe! (In a good way!)

I got quoted $2.50 for TDA1022's, $13 for MN3005's, and a few other bits and pieces at bargain basement prices...

I wondered if anyone had tried any chips out yet - are they NOS or pulls?

Charlie

jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Bad Producer wrote:
Hello all, I've just raised a quote from these guys, and the prices are hard to believe! (In a good way!)

I got quoted $2.50 for TDA1022's, $13 for MN3005's, and a few other bits and pieces at bargain basement prices...

I wondered if anyone had tried any chips out yet - are they NOS or pulls?

Charlie

If there are enough TDA1022's out there, I have a couple of other interesting projects in mind. What about the Elka Synthex Chorus, for instance? (thakes 4 of these chips ...)

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

If there are enough TDA1022's out there, I have a couple of other interesting projects in mind. What about the Elka Synthex Chorus, for instance? (thakes 4 of these chips ...)

JH.

Wow, that sounds really interesting, a friend of mine has a Synthex, and the chorus is lovely, I'd surely be up for some of those! Very Happy

It certainly looks like they're out there! I put in an order for 12 to get that price, I might have to get a few more, how many do you think I should get? 50 should do..... Confused !

On another note, I ordered some MN3005 for your BBD delay, in case it might happen in future - do you think this project is looking likely?

Charlie

jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Bad Producer wrote:

On another note, I ordered some MN3005 for your BBD delay, in case it might happen in future - do you think this project is looking likely?
Charlie

Yes - I just don't know when.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got a couple chips from them. We'll see once I use them how they are but they arrived very quickly, well packaged and nice and new looking.
diablojoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got a number of different chips a couple weeks back
have only tried out one ssm 2210 so far but that is
working fine all were well packaged and no hint of anything being fake
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
The Bad Producer wrote:

Charlie

JH.

Shocked ;i thought you where working on it atm?
jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
jhaible wrote:
The Bad Producer wrote:

Charlie

JH.

Shocked ;i thought you where working on it atm?

Always "multi-tasking" - but hard to tell when a particular project will be finished.

JH.

The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the info guys, I think I'll go ahead with the order then...

And thank you for the update on the 3005 delay JH, I'm in no particular hurry, I've got the Polyphonic Resonators and SOST to think about, at least I'll have the chips for what seems like a good price!

As this seems to be a suitable place to ask (being a thread about sourcing parts for JH's projects) has anyone found a source (UK or Europe) for the dual 10K Lin sliders for the Polyphonic Resonator? I've looked around and found a few places - ironically Maplin stock them for 70p, but I got a couple to look at, and they're not particularly high quality. I'd ideally like all three sliders to be the same brand/type so they have the same mounting holes/travel - I saw that RS has them, but at £7 a pop I'm looking at a serious investment! ( I don't mind paying £7 for the dual sliders, but I'd rather not pay £7 for all of them!)

Thanks,

Charlie

The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I placed an order, and all the bits arrived today. The parts came in the best packing I've encountered from parts dealers - and at the best prices!

I ordered quite a few TDA1022's and I've spent a while checking them all on one of my Solina Chorus modules. I can report that all were working as expected and they look unused to boot (the last TDA's I got off ebay surprised me by working, as they all looked like they'd spent about 20 years at sea, before being pulled out of a board using a blow torch to reheat the solder - they were £8 each, these worked out at £1.50 each!)
All TDA1022's had the same date code etc. I also checked out some MN3005's in an Echopet I had opened up in anticipation, they too appear cool...

I was a bit nervous as the UPS guy asked what the package was when he dropped it off, he was interested that it was from Shenzhen, which he called the capital of clones - he scoffed and said I'd bought a load of crap! Well it turns out I didn't...

Charlie

diablojoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to hear I also bought a few of TDA1022 and mn3005 and a bunch of other hard to get /normally pricey chips but had no way to test them as yet, certainly makes me feel more confident now
Yes the packaging was very good too Very Happy
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

JH.

Yes plz master!
keithwin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: UTSource = HKSS? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok all,

I ordered quite a few TDAs and SSMs from UTsource and tagged on 3 uA726s.

Got my parcel last week and recognised the fake 726s immediatedly,
don't even need to test them; still waiting for a refund for the 4 I returned to HKSS in 2008. I don't know about the other componenets,
I have no means of testing them at the moment. I am fairly convinced this is the dreaded HonkKongSuperSeller. Use at your own risk.

Has anyone had chance to test their components yet - I am not optimistic.

Cheers

Keith
keithwin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject:
Subject description: HKSS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats HongKongSuperSeller Surprised)
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its well known,the only one that sells real ua726 is technologytransplant,did buy 3 in the past worked without any problem.
magman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: UTSource = HKSS? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

keithwin wrote:
Ok all,
I don't know about the other componenets,
I have no means of testing them at the moment. I am fairly convinced this is the dreaded HonkKongSuperSeller. Use at your own risk.

Has anyone had chance to test their components yet - I am not optimistic.

Keith,

There's been quite a bit of discussion in another JH thread about utsource, here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-32538-150.html

I get the impression that utsource have recently bought some items from a dodgy supplier and are doing their best to rectify the situation. Why don't you drop them an email about your suspect chips?

I must admit, life and work have got in the way of me testing the chips I bought from utsource, but there's a good chance that I will be testing at least some of them in the coming weeks, I'll let you know how I get on.

Good luck on getting your situation sorted.

Regards

Magman
Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: