electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
PCB adaptations of bits of the Buchla Music Easel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
j.dilisio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't realize the boards were already available.
Maybe for future runs, you could let us know here.
What are the prices?

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: I have a few preamp/env dets., env gens, and lpgs availa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

abovenyquist wrote:
I have a little under a dozen each of preamp/env detector boards, envelope generator boards, and lowpass gate boards from my Music Easel PCB project left after my last shipment.

I am (slowly) debugging revisions of the ring mod, timbre, and pulser boards. I do not know when they will be available; also unsure when I'll do another run of the preamps, env gen, and lpg boards, so I'd recommend getting them now while they are available.

Aaron, it would be lovely if you could at some time offer a complete set with all circuits "in one box" so to speak. I think that would do really well. The Electric Music Easel has been one of my all-time 'wants', even a complete set of pcb's would be a lovely thing to own. Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
ChrisR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too did miss this, But i just sent you an email, Aaron.
parasitk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I sent an email yesterday as well! I'm interested in the timbre and pulser boards. Very Happy
j.dilisio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am also looking forward to getting the ringmod, timbre, and pulser boards.
I would assume from that last message that Aron will let us know when they become available?

numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was surprised - this was run a little differently than I expected, than most projects that come together on the forum are. It seemed like interest was gauged, there was silence, then suddenly "oh, there are a few boards left". Maybe we could actually get a run going so that folks know that it's happening, know what's available and are able to get the boards they want?
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he means he did have some boards left over from the first batch he made BEFORE the announcement (of a second batch) here on EM.

So,He now planned a second batch but have to fix the errors that whent into the first layouts.

So far,if i understand he has not finished to redraw the layouts with the errors fixed.
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, ok, that would make more sense. Sorry if I misunderstood (though it seems I wasn't the only one).

TekniK wrote:
I think he means he did have some boards left over from the first batch he made BEFORE the announcement (of a second batch) here on EM.

So,He now planned a second batch but have to fix the errors that whent into the first layouts.

So far,if i understand he has not finished to redraw the layouts with the errors fixed.
lanxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a few preamp/env dets., env gens, and lpgs availa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

Aaron, it would be lovely if you could at some time offer a complete set with all circuits "in one box" so to speak. I think that would do really well. The Electric Music Easel has been one of my all-time 'wants', even a complete set of pcb's would be a lovely thing to own. Very Happy

I too would like all the boards.....I keep thinking of making a full easel panel, but without set of boards thats crazy talk (and I am sure its crazy talk even with a complete set of boards Laughing )
abovenyquist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: I have a few preamp/env dets., env gens, and lpgs availa Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Alas, I'm quite a ways away from having enough of it done to be worthy of a "box set." Wink
abovenyquist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

numbertalk wrote:
I was surprised - this was run a little differently than I expected, than most projects that come together on the forum are. It seemed like interest was gauged, there was silence, then suddenly "oh, there are a few boards left". Maybe we could actually get a run going so that folks know that it's happening, know what's available and are able to get the boards they want?

Whoops, sorry, I think I confused a lot of people - including me. Wink

My initial post on Aug. 31 asked folks to e-mail me if they were interested. I built up a little spreadsheet with e-mails, names, and how much of each boards someone wanted. When the boards came in, I contacted the people on that list first. Then once I had those all shipped out, I looked at what was leftover, and made the note on Oct. 3rd about what was available as leftovers from that run.
abovenyquist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:

Just as an update on where things are at - I've got revisions of the pulser, ring mod, and timbre boards in, where I tried to fix the errors on the first batch. I have them all about 3/4 of the way built, but have gotten busy with work. I hope to get time to work on them to finish building and testing around Thanksgiving, or maybe Christmas if not Thanksgiving.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

abovenyquist wrote:

My initial post on Aug. 31 asked folks to e-mail me if they were interested. I built up a little spreadsheet with e-mails, names, and how much of each boards someone wanted. When the boards came in, I contacted the people on that list first. Then once I had those all shipped out, I looked at what was leftover, and made the note on Oct. 3rd about what was available as leftovers from that run.

Told you so! Razz Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i am interested in timbre, oscillator, and other boards

please PM me about avail and prices, etc.

(will these follow the original schematics? I know you did a schematic this year on SDIY)

thanks

scriptstyle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loss1234 wrote:
i am interested in timbre, oscillator, and other boards

please PM me about avail and prices, etc.

(will these follow the original schematics? I know you did a schematic this year on SDIY)

thanks

^ i second this. i am very interested in these pcbs.
ach_gott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ I third this. Smile
gwaidan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fourth this!
dar303

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh, five! Smile
adambee7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tenth it Very Happy Very Happy
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I predicted it

i did send him a mail before the announcement here! Wink
LetterBeacon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I built the Pre Amp/ Envelope Dectector today and it works nicely - thanks Aaron for your hard work!
e-grad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At last I'm going to finish my envelope generator boards. I'd like to include the LED but the written information is sparse on how to do it.

There's one pad labeled LED. I think it should work as follows: Connect the anode via a resistor (1k?) to the LED pad while the cathode goes to gnd.

Does this make sense?

BTW Thanks Aaron for your hard work!
abovenyquist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Some more Buchla Music Easel PCB adaptation boards are in Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea if anyone is still reading this or not - I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of the many forums... but in case anyone is still here, and in case you haven't found out elsewhere, as of October 13, 2011 I have some more boards available if people want to try building them. If interested, please e-mail me at abovenyquist@gmail.com for details. (That is the e-mail I set up to talk about PCB adaptation related things.)

- Aaron
davemoog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone successfully built the envelope generator that works both in sustain mode and trig(transient) mode?

Tks Dave
abovenyquist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

davemoog wrote:
Has anyone successfully built the envelope generator that works both in sustain mode and trig(transient) mode?

To be honest I never tested it...

Oh, and BTW, if anyone is still here, I got some boards in in December 2012. If you're interested in trying to build them, drop me a line at abovenyquist@gmail.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 3 [65 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: