electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Streaming radio on electro-music.com
Page 2 of 3 [56 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dburgan wrote:
Simply create the M3U using a text editor and link to it from your radio page, and people who use WMP can use the M3U link to tune in.

That seems to work Smile Thanks, let's test it a bit ...

testing ::: radio as m3u

with contents :

Code:
#EXTM3U

#EXTINF: -1, radio electro music com
http://radio.electro-music.com:8050

Add some dots ... the code that funs up electro-music.com does'nt repect code areas ...

dburgan

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works for me. Note the lines that start with '#' are completely optional. So your M3U file could literally be one line long.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try this link if you are having problems. Let us know how it works.

http://electro-music.com/radio/test-player.php

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dburgan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Try this link if you are having problems. Let us know how it works.

http://electro-music.com/radio/test-player.php

Interesting, seems to work well in FireFox and IE7 under WinXP, although not in Chrome.

Also, it's not showing the currently playing information like the demo does at stationengine.com - but it does seem to stream reliably in FF and IE7.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it is pretty basic. It works, but not ready for prime time, probably.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works in Opera too.
Agnes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: New Music from the Archives
Subject description: Suggestion
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I’d like to hear a change in the archive music that is being streamed.

I for one, listen in quite often and have almost every “tune” memorized. I can tell within three seconds which tune is being played, and I am not a musician. If you want new people to hang around, you need to put more of the archives on stream, give them some more variety.

I’d also like the name of the stream to match the name in the Archives so that I can download or listen to one that has caught my fancy. If there is a correlation between the names now, in the existing streams and the names in the Archives, I can’t find it.

I invite others to comment on this.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good point. I would love to see the Autumnal put into rotation.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
Good point. I would love to see the Autumnal put into rotation.

And the Summer Solstice, any of the NYEs from recent years, and of course the various Friday, Tuesday, Thursday, now Wednesday and occasional Saturday shows we've been doing for around a half a year now.

I think (no, I know) there are a lot of technical issues with the current radio server and what it takes to do playlists. That said, a longer default playlist would certainly go some ways towards promoting the site.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might need some more moderation, but I'd love to get a couple of the tracks I've posted here and other places to get on the playlist as well. I can imagine that there are other members here who feel the same.

/Stefan

Agnes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'd love to get a couple of the tracks I've posted here and other places to get on the playlist as well. I can imagine that there are other members here who feel the same.

Good idea! Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
This might need some more moderation, but I'd love to get a couple of the tracks I've posted here and other places to get on the playlist as well. I can imagine that there are other members here who feel the same.

/Stefan

Yeah, I'd like to hear Snowflake 4 and Cing me a Cong on the playlist, those are my Antimon favorites.

Also I have two albums released on ocp's netlabel (EDP) that could go on the playlist, including the hit "My Secret Weapon". I have just created a new song called "Rescue Mission" that might be good too. Plus I have a space music song and various other works. Some of that might already be on the playlist, not sure, but would be good if it was.

Les

Agnes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
a lot of technical issues with the current radio server and what it takes to do playlists

As I'm more on the appreciating music end than on the doing end, and I'm not a techno-freak, tell me a little of what is involved in creating a playlist, please. Embarassed
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agnes wrote:
Quote:
a lot of technical issues with the current radio server and what it takes to do playlists

As I'm more on the appreciating music end than on the doing end, and I'm not a techno-freak, tell me a little of what is involved in creating a playlist, please. Embarassed

Hi Agnes and Everyone!

We have been discussing expanding the radio for some time now. Believe me, ...Howard, myself, and the stream ops are all in accord with your requests. However, there are some technical limitations that currently prevent expanding our current set up.

Howard has been researching some software called sc_trans that will hopefully allow for us to do playlists, podcasts, add media from the archives, create smooth transistions between live shows, update artist and song information, etc, etc.

Howard has said that they will be putting out a newer version of the s.w. in October and plans to try to implement it again after that.

So thank you so much for your suggestions and interest in the radio station. Please hang with us a bit longer as we undergo these growing pains. Once implemented, i expect a flood of new material to be broadcasted!

and btw Agnes...a playlist is just a group of songs put together to play back to back. Very Happy As far as what is involved...you can make playlists in most media players like windows media player, itunes, etc. You create a playlist much like a "folder"...name the "folder". then add your tunes to to the folder. arrange them in the order you want...and push play! Laughing

Mr.Rusty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
For those that are having trouble LISTENING

IMO winamp and itunes are very easy to work with for streaming. Winamp has an "Add" button on the bottom left corner to add url address (on the standard skin). Itunes has the "Advanced" tab, scroll down, and add url address.

Shane

Even easier, just find sites like below and click the channels you are interested it.. No hazzle!
http://www.mytipsfor.com/iTunesRadioChannels/
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr.Rusty wrote:
shanemorris wrote:
For those that are having trouble LISTENING

IMO winamp and itunes are very easy to work with for streaming. Winamp has an "Add" button on the bottom left corner to add url address (on the standard skin). Itunes has the "Advanced" tab, scroll down, and add url address.

Shane

Even easier, just find sites like below and click the channels you are interested it.. No hazzle!
http://www.mytipsfor.com/iTunesRadioChannels/

welcome to the Forum!

Indeed Rusty! thanks ...and radio.electro-music.com is listed in itunes as well! Wink

Mr.Rusty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!..

Having some troubles getting your channels to run today...
But it must be just me, or maybe it's the time of the year.. Rolling Eyes
..will try again after, XMas turkey Very Happy
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stream is up and running and has been. Let me know your problem and I'll see if I can help.

Home,My Studio,and another view
Mr.Rusty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works now! Cool
choklitlove

Audio files: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can't connect to the chat. anybody else?
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to hear that choklitlove...

are you using the mibbit chat? the one on the website?

is that the one you were using before?

mibbit can be fickle at times... keep trying periodically

also... are you a network that disables chatrooms?

choklitlove

Audio files: 17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i'm on mibbit. and it has worked fine until now. none of that other stuff applies. any ideas?
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
yeah i'm on mibbit. and it has worked fine until now. none of that other stuff applies. any ideas?

Sorry to hear man. Dumb question, but you think you should just reboot things to see if you remedy the problem?

Great music BTW, listening now.

Bill
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

irc.blitzed.org

/join #electro

wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

choklitlove, don't know what platform you're on, but you can try one of the following IRC clients:

Chatzilla (Firefox plugin): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16
Windows, mIRC: http://www.mirc.com/
OSX, Colloquy: http://colloquy.info/
Linux, XChat: http://xchat.org/ (you can find that in the repositories for sure!)

When you've installed the application, connect to the server:
Server: irc.blitzed.org
And choose a nickname.
Then join the #electro channel with: /join #electro

Good luck! Cool

Page 2 of 3 [56 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: