electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
startup problem
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
lebenspuls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: startup problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,
I have a start problem with my newly bought used A6. Everytime I start the A6 it hangs on the first startup-screen. When I start second time it starts very reliable. Actually it's more an annoyance atm as the A6 works otherwise perfectly well.
Anyone had this problem also?.
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't have that problem every time (only if I turn it off and on really quick), but I've heard that issue is pretty common.
Fordy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the same problem, it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get it working then it's fine. I'm going to clean it internally and see if there is any obvious problems with the PSU.

I'll let you know what I find if anything. Only got the bloody thing earlier today Evil or Very Mad

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Eminent 310U, Quasimidi Polymorph, Novation Remote 61 SL, EH Stereo Small Stone Phaser

My YouTube Synth videos - www.youtube.com/user/Yorkshirelad69
lebenspuls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ich habe gestern mit dem Alesis-Support telefoniert. Er meinte, wenn die resets nicht helfen, sei es wohl ein Hardware-Fehler, und ich sollte das Teil einschicken... puuuh. Sad
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lebenspuls wrote:
Ich habe gestern mit dem Alesis-Support telefoniert. Er meinte, wenn die resets nicht helfen, sei es wohl ein Hardware-Fehler, und ich sollte das Teil einschicken... puuuh. Sad

yes it might be a processor/hardware thing. it's not normal behaviour
lebenspuls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooh sorry; didn't realise that I switched to german...
Alesis support says that it's probably a Hardware error if resets are not helping...
Fordy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi M8

No worries, I translated it on the net Smile

I found this which may be interesting - http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=479403&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 he was having the same problem and it seems a hard reset may cure it (Power on whilst pressing soft button "1" ). at least I think thats a hard reset.

I can't try it for another 6 hours because I'm at work!

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Eminent 310U, Quasimidi Polymorph, Novation Remote 61 SL, EH Stereo Small Stone Phaser

Last edited by Fordy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reinstalling the os might also help, although chances are it's a hardware problem
Fordy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like you could be right - http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-35976.html

I also spoke to Alesis and they advissd me to cut my losses and send it back to where I bought it which is exactly what I'm going to do.

I only had it for 2 days but given what I spent on the thing it was pretty traumatic lol, I'll be glad to see the back of it!

-Fordy

Perfect Day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I got mine it was the same , I sent it back and the board with the micro processor was replaced I think , Its fine now , Boots every time .
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: