electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
VCA troubles
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Aottens

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: VCA troubles
Subject description: Having troubles getting my VCA to work
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone, this is my first post here on the forum. I've looked around here for several months, and now I decided to create an account Smile.

At first I want to thank Yves for al the work he put in his modular system, and sharing it with the world. I've got 1 YuSynth VCO working and it sounds wonderfull.

I've now built a VCA but something is not going the way I want it during calibrating. I'm following the steps on the website, but it wont work for me. I'm starting with P2 and P3 input lvl and cv fully open, P1 is closed. Then I make the sinewave simmetrical with the trimmer. So far so good. But than I have to close P3, cv, and it should mute the signal. But nothing is happening here. The sinus is not getting muted or anything. Maybe I am interpreting the calibration process wrong.

Oh, and if I connect my sinewave generator to my 2nd input the green led stays lit, guess this is not a good thing. Maybe its in the wiring but I checked everything, and i'm pretty sure the wiring is done o.k.

All help is apreciated.
yusynth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's due to a typo , on step 7 one must read P2 not P3.
Sorry about that. I will correct that ASP

Yves

Aottens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Yves,

This indeed solves the problem for the left side of my ins and outs. But when I connect my sinewave generator to my 2nd input, the led stays on. This isn't right I guess. Must be something in the wiring than.
yusynth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aottens wrote:
thanks Yves,

This indeed solves the problem for the left side of my ins and outs. But when I connect my sinewave generator to my 2nd input, the led stays on. This isn't right I guess. Must be something in the wiring than.

No it is normal, input 2 is not attenuated (no pot) and the values of the LED circuit are set such that the LED starts to lit for a 8Vpp signal.

Aottens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got a few more questions left. P1 P2 and P3 are not the pots on the silk screen, like from top to bottom? Couldn't find it in the schematics.

What type of Gate signal are your modules using? My doepfer MCV4's factory preset is +5V is this ok? Or should it be higher.
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: VCA troubles
Subject description: Having troubles getting my VCA to work
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aottens wrote:
At first I want to thank Yves for al the work he put in his modular system, and sharing it with the world.

Yes, indeed. From Yves' instructions one could build an entire synthesizer. I've already built a couple of his modules and there are many more on my to-do list.

Aottens, welcome to electro-music.com. welcome

yusynth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aottens wrote:
Got a few more questions left. P1 P2 and P3 are not the pots on the silk screen, like from top to bottom? Couldn't find it in the schematics.

What type of Gate signal are your modules using? My doepfer MCV4's factory preset is +5V is this ok? Or should it be higher.

P1, P2 and P3 are panel potentiometers, they are not trimmers (which are on the PCB). P1,P2 and P3 are shown on the left part of the schematic and are located just after the input and CV jacks. They are also shown on the wiring diagram and labelled after their respective functions.

A 5V GATE signal is OK for triggering yusynth modules

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: