electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Can't launch the G2 editor SOLVED
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tranzash

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Can't launch the G2 editor SOLVED Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know why it is not coming up? I restarted G5 and it's still not opening, forcequited the editor application. Should I download another version1.24? I installed some Virex update files today and it shouldn't mess up the editor.
Shocked

Edit: Downloaded another Version1.24, still can launch it Confused

Last edited by tranzash on Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wish I could offer something. It's always worked on my G4 PowerBook.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tranzash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use the editor everyday, no problems. I don't know possibly what went wrong for the editor to stop working. May be the virex files screwed it up (OS10.3.7).
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what virex is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virex is similar to Symantec NAV.

OK.. some advice..

If you do not download unknown apps from god knows where then you do not have to run VIREX or anything like that. Keep Virex around and update the files etc. but there ARE no viruses or worms on the OSX platform right now. You might find a few trojans.. but the OS will inform you that the app has not been run before and ask you if this is what you want.. run the app or not that is.... Always read those messages. If you read Macintouch.com daily you will pretty much know early on that some virus is around or not. Scripts can be dangreous too.. so.. never run any applescriptys or terminal scrtipts unless you know they are safe..

Always turn off services that you do not want or need. Check in "Sharing" in the Control panels app and turn off stuff tha makes your box insecure.
If you are using you mac as a DAW all sharing stuff shuld be off anyway.

The only danger right now are trojans.. ( and I not talking rubbers here )
You SHOULD be careful, but there is no need overdoing it. Be aware that what those antivuírus apps really will help you with .. is getting rid of stuff that can harm PCs.

Hmm.. and always install those Apple Security Updates .. check for those daily.

Virex is great to have around, but if you do not do stuff that demands it runing in the background all the time.. then you can disable it.. and only run it manually.

And you do have a password on your mac?

OK... the G2 editor.. I better download that one and see how it works.

You could check the privs for that app though.. and possibly throw away the prefs file in User/Library/prefs .. but you better figure out the name of the file yourself. I havent installed the editor app here yet.

.... You could also create another user and try to run the Editor again. If the privs are messy.. install it again in User/Applications and try again

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FYI, I'm running Symantec Norton Anti-virus on my Mac and it has no problems with the G2 editor.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I didn´t say that.. just some general advice re NAV style utils on the mac..

Anyway.. I will check out the G2 editor after dinner

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you logged in as the same user you installed it under? try a get info on the application. What does it say?

I might be wrong, but it seems like it does not have an external prefs file but writes to files inside its package. Try to throw it away, empty trash.. tun Disk Utility and repair permissions. set the DAW user to be admin.. and then log in to as the DAW user and install the application again. if it does not work in the Applications folder.. try User/Applications instead.

How long is it since you checked the disk with Alsoft Diskwarrior?

We are talking about the application called "NMG2Editor"?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
tranzash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey elektro80, under sharing nothing is turned on for sharing. I forcequit ed the virex application and tried to launch the g2 editor, no luck. I don't think I ever tried the alsoft diskwarrior. Thanks for the advice.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vitex will not make probs fro the editor.. I was more thinking " no active antivirus app runing on a DAW"

When it comes to the editor not working.. did you check out the advice.. re which user installed the app.. privs for the app.. etc..?

This is most likely a privs issue, a directory issue/corrupt files etc..

reinstall the app.. ( well.. this is more like actually dragging the app into some folder somewhere.. Very Happy Shocked )

try mounting the DMG file again and drag the app into the your user home..
put it in Documents or wherever.. at least here you have full privs to the app. It seems to me that it does not create a preferences file in User/library/preferences
... but I might be wrong..

very few things would actually prevent an app from launching on OS X.. given that the app is compatible with your OS version..
when apps don´t launch.. it is most probably sick prefs files, privs issues or directory/file system problems.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/index.html

It is cool to have that one around.. just in case.

If you have Norton Disk Doctor... be afraid.. be very afraid.. That one can get you into serious trouble..
I recommend using the latest version of DW.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some apps can have problems with launching if the disk is heavily fragmented. This is not really a big problem on OS X, but if you have filled your disk up to the rim several times, while downloading lotsa lotsa files using bittorrent or HL, you might have a disk that is .. well.. Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
tranzash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. We did the disk utility repair for the editor, finally it is working.

Thanks for the support guys party time! [/code]
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Very Happy

You did prmissions repair? Cool!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
paul e.

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

If you have Norton Disk Doctor... be afraid.. be very afraid.. That one can get you into serious trouble..

no doubt..scary

Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: