electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
[iPad] Korg iElectribe
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: [iPad] Korg iElectribe Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVx5PQERKE&feature=youtube_gdata

Saw it on 99musik.se. How about that! Very Happy Since I already have en ESX-1 this isn't a killer app for me, but if others start making clones like this... someone give a hint to Clavia! I want a Nord iModular now!

/Stefan

alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet! I LOVE all the new apps coming fro the iPad with musical goodness. Esp stuff like this. Very Happy
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the Korg website: http://www.korg.com/ielectribe

You can buy it now from the appstore!
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone got it and tried it on their iPad? I want it! And its' certainly affordable at $9.99 USD.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alienmeatsack wrote:
Anyone got it and tried it on their iPad? I want it! And its' certainly affordable at $9.99 USD.

If I could get hold of an iPad I would get the iElectribe immediately.
loydb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just waiting on UPS...
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm tempted to buy it now even though I don't and won't have mine until late this month!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have a look at Bleep!Box too, on the iPad. Although I'm not 100% convinced with BB's new iPad interface, I think BB has a far, far better sound engine than iElectribe's.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've only spent a short amount of time with iE. My biggest problem is that I don't really understand what everything is and I'm not much of a RTFM kind of dood.

It's worth the $10 for sure. Just wish I could get the vibe of it and start making some sound that is not based on the presets.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the iElectribe on my iPad. It's really nice and useful. The synths are very adjustable. I too hadn't used a hardware version so learning the interface was difficult at first, but Bill Fox gave me a 5 minute lesson and that was enough to open it up for me. The sound quality is excellent, IMHO.

It's not hard to build your own patterns once you get the hang of it. You can load a factory preset, modify it, and save it in the user space.

This app seems very professional to me. Maybe the most professional app I've used. I can see why so many people love the hardware Electribes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alienmeatsack

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need that 5 minute how-to as well... as I am mostly lost in it.

I've been picking specific sounds in the presets that I like, making screen shots and or taking notes of all the settings, then trying to reproduce them to get the sound again. Not easy, but it sounds good.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which I could help.

One secret is when the record button is pressed, the track remembers what you do, or over write.

Use the mute function. It's really powerful.

When you hit lock when in tempo setting, then all selected presets run at the same tempo. That's a big deal.

You can highlight one of the synths while playing a loop and adjusted the knobs an buttons.

You can change the pattern lengths. When the pattern is longer than 16 there are a few little dots just above the pads. That indicates which page of 16 you are on. Touching it in some ways allows you to change pages.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: