electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Klee Sequencer Circuit Boards Now On Sale
Page 2 of 6 [136 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
jvt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Blue!

I was about to give up hope and just live with the software Klee so it's good to see a reply. I suppose if the docs are at least as good as PAIA's I can probably pull this off. The only remaining mystery is how to have a proper faceplate manufactured. I currently have neither the tools nor the experience to do that kind of work.
dnigrin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see that the software Klee has (maybe) led to a hardware Klee builder! I've actually not built a hardware Klee myself, and rather just focused on "building" the software one instead...

But re: front panels, Bridechamber had a beautiful one for sale, and I believe they are back in stock:

http://www.bridechamber.com/bridechamber.com/Klee.html

Hope that helps...
Dan

jvt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Dan. Very useful link. Looks like there may be hope after all! Time to grab a circuit board now!
kosta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi jvt. I'm a novice builder and I'm tackling a Klee right now. The documentation is really good IMO. If you have patience I bet you could do it.

If you decide to go for it and are in the market for a hard-copy of the documentation I've got an extra I could sell you for cheap (just to cover my printing cost down at Kinko's. I copied the original I had so I could have double-sided to put into a 3 ring binder.)

Good luck with your build if you go for it! It's a lot of fun.
jvt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I believe I'll go forward with the project (although perusing the docs did have me a bit worried at first). Thanks for the offer on the documentation, but I believe the e-docs should suffice. And if I need a few sections printed, I've got a pretty capable laser printer.

Anyone completed their Klee project yet? How many assembly hours effort (not duration) should one expect to put into this? 20 hours? 50? 100? Whatever the number is, I'll just take that and multiply it by 10 to get my personal estimate! Smile
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be hard pressed to build one in 20 hours. That's having already built one! Laughing
But it really depends on how elaborate the front panel is, and whether you design and fabricate that by yourself.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With a manufactured panel, and having experience at building electronics. The Klee could probably be built in about 35 to 40 hours time. This is my own personal time and like I said, this may vary by experience and how neat you want to do the job. Just another data point is all. Very Happy

Bill
kkissinger

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
With a manufactured panel, and having experience at building electronics. The Klee could probably be built in about 35 to 40 hours time. This is my own personal time and like I said, this may vary by experience and how neat you want to do the job. Just another data point is all. Very Happy

Bill

I purchased PCBs and a parts kit for my Klee -- the circuit boards are relatively dense and I anticipate about 20 hours to get them all done. The most time-consuming part for me is to design and build the front panel. I've had to make a number of decisions about the size and layout and that has taken more time than the actual build time.

This is a spare-time project, though -- so it will likely be about a month before I have it all up and running. I'm also building a pair of MPSs and will likely build their panels first -- they are smaller (9"x6") and will be easier for me to work with the DecalPro stuff. My Klee panel will be 9"x12".

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The most time-consuming part for me is to design and build the front panel. I've had to make a number of decisions about the size and layout and that has taken more time than the actual build time.

I agree, doing the panel from scratch will take time. There are many examples of what folks have done with their layouts but it really is a matter of taste and how you want your work to flow. For me, plenty of space between controls was a concern and clear labeling and graphics to tell me exactly what a control does.

Another time consumer will be the cables. Shocked There are plenty to keep you busy for several hours. Wink

Between those MPS units and your Klee, that will be a very nice setup having your Klee bat those drum around. I love Scott's example patches using the MPS.

Bill
taximan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Klee component kits Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya,
I am new to this forum after following a link from electro music.

I have ordered the boards for the klee and the mps and followed a link to buy the component kit but it seems I may have missed the boat.
Are they still for sale or would anyone happen to have a surplus to requirements kit?......he asked hopefully..lol.

This whole diy building thing has turned into a major hobby for me (I am now disabled and can't get out very well)...I have built an mbfm synth and am now on with the 8 x sid chip synth from midibox.org (ucapps.de).

Midibox seq v4 is also on the horizon for me (hopefully kits will be available some time in the future).
I have also been looking at the tc3030 (anyone have experience of this build?).
Anyhow long story short...any klee component kits still available?

many thanks
Paul
ricoloverde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Klee
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anyone know where to get a Klee pcb and poss a kit
slowalan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought my panel readymade from Bridechamber, (googled websiste) good circular design but needs a little extra drilling for a few components...no big deal with a step bit.

I got a partskit from Statemachine on this forum, and the hardware for the front panel from Bridechamber

I got my pcb's from the shop here on electromusic com.

Was a three week part time project after the parts arrived within a week or two (Statemachine has to order them in...but you could source them yourself easily enough) including building simple power supply as recommended by Scott Stites and a simple wooden box. I am relatively new to DIY, only built a few Euro module kits from Elby and an XoxBox.

Klee works beautifully except for half of variable range input..which doesnt much matter anyway..so cant be bothered fixing it.

A very satisfying build, good fun if you have patience and useful tools
ZaeX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great ordered 2x. i hope for an kit soon.......
303monkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Problems ordering Klee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there
I was trying to pay for a pair of Klee boards yesterday, and I got a message telling me there was a problem with the shipping with USPS.
The total was $82 but I was unable to proceed to the checkout and finalize the deal.
Any suggestions

Thanks
Brian
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems ordering Klee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are having proplems with our store software. We're working on installing software upgrades.

303monkey wrote:
Hi there
I was trying to pay for a pair of Klee boards yesterday, and I got a message telling me there was a problem with the shipping with USPS.
The total was $82 but I was unable to proceed to the checkout and finalize the deal.
Any suggestions

Thanks
Brian

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cfx-wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, that´s good news, as i would like to order, too.

Regards from cologne,

Wolf
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...ssssssssnnnnnnxxxx........Huh? Eh, wot?

Sorry about that, I've been sort of in the same shoes as Uncle K, except without the flooding on this continent. Anyway, sorry again; Uncle K hit it on the head, though. It's a big build, but a lot of fun once it's built.

EDIT: All the documentation fit can be found here:

http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-24821.html

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about the problems with the shipping module on the store. It appears to work well with USA domestic addresses.

I'm on a family trip and therefore won't be able to ship out anything until I return near the end of Feb.

Thanks for your patience. Sorry for the inconvenience too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just want to point out that the "Associated offering: Klee FULL Parts Kit" link at the bottom of the Klee store page doesn't work - it leads you to "This post does not exist".
Jankster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: This new circut board Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just used this sequencer board for this quick project. If you dont want to listen to all of it, go to the back half i think its the best part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li1pBFChSgw
wmonk

Audio files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: This new circut board Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jankster wrote:
I just used this sequencer board for this quick project. If you dont want to listen to all of it, go to the back half i think its the best part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li1pBFChSgw

You've got a picture? Want to see more Klees! Laughing

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Just want to point out that the "Associated offering: Klee FULL Parts Kit" link at the bottom of the Klee store page doesn't work - it leads you to "This post does not exist".

Right, I am not selling any of those parts kits anymore so the link is dated. Should be removed.

Bill
oblis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, just checking to see if the Klee boards are still available...I purchased some a couple of weeks ago through your online store and the order seems stalled. My emails have gone unanswered as well...I'm in no hurry, just want to make sure my order was received. Thanks!
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Oblis

First off, welcome to electro-music.com. Howard is usually on top of things. There is a chance he may be away. I would suggest sending him another PM soon explaining the situation along your Paypal transaction ID.

Bill
DaLuke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Klee Sequencer Circuit Boards Now On Sale
Subject description: building a klee...for me
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
We are very pleased to announce that after a long delay, the popular Klee Sequencer circuit boards are again available on the electro-music.com store.

http://electro-music.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/54/products_id/101

We should have plenty on hand for everyone. Thanks all, for your patience.

I need someone to build me a Klee sequencer, including the optional asynchronous/synchronous load board...I will pay for it, no questions asked!
Page 2 of 6 [136 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: