electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
pass along from waldorf
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
pizzamon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: pass along from waldorf Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought I would pass this along to you guys not on the mailing list.

"Hi all,

we have watched the recent discussion regarding bugs in the Blofeld
and can confirm that we are going to release a Blofeld update with
bugfixes by the end of September.

Sorry for the inconvenience you experience.

Wolfram
Lobotom aus Leidenschaft"
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you kindly for bringing that message here, Pizzamon. Smile

In fact, this might prompt me to finally buy one!

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:

Didn't you recently buy a Paca or Pacarana Question Aren't you busy enough with that Question

Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Muied Lumens wrote:

Didn't you recently buy a Paca or Pacarana Question Aren't you busy enough with that Question

Wink

Nah, I know it inside out now - it's boring. Wink

Edit: It's a good question actually. The reason for me wanting an other synth is that I need something that constantly stays the same. Kyma fills many many needs, but a synth that can take samples and will not be constantly improved on and changed is quite useful. My prime target is a nord wave, but it is still quite expensive and I love the Blofeld. Besides, the blofeld keyboard has fallen in price recently so it has become quite attractive.

Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:
My prime target is a nord wave, but it is still quite expensive and I love the Blofeld.

I think the Blofeld is really great value for money in that way. All the more so if the bugs get fixed. I'd still quite like a Q+ though.

robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it took a little longer than expected, but the new update is here:

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/downloads?relPath=blofeld/system

Highlights:

Blofeld Version 1.15:

- MIDI Clock reception fixed
- System Exclusive handling improved
- workaround for USB on MAC
- Sample/WT select modulation
- User Wavetables
- Multi mode now works

Plus bugfixes

Did you see that? User wavetables! The Blofeld is now of incredible value.

nobody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any difference in quality between the Blofeld and the Blofeld Keyboard?

In some synths, there is a difference. My contact at my supplier tells me the Virus TI has a noticeable degradation in the desktop version. So, thought I'd ask.
pizzamon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds ridiculous, They both use the same algorithms and the same AD/DA converters. How could it sound any different? I have had a thought recently though. If the desktop and keyboard have the same chips in them, and the boards are the same build, is the keyboard version handling all the desktop type data PLUS all the keyboard data...and does that slow it down?

edit... there are less bugs in the desktop version, due to keyboard problems apparently. I have a desktop, and the new O.S. is very nice on the desktop.
nobody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pizzamon wrote:
That sounds ridiculous, They both use the same algorithms and the same AD/DA converters. How could it sound any different? I have had a thought recently though. If the desktop and keyboard have the same chips in them, and the boards are the same build, is the keyboard version handling all the desktop type data PLUS all the keyboard data...and does that slow it down?

edit... there are less bugs in the desktop version, due to keyboard problems apparently. I have a desktop, and the new O.S. is very nice on the desktop.

It's not rediculous at all. Sometimes the manufacturer changes something between a rack version and a keyboard version and it comes out in the sound. It does happen. It HAS happened.

Or, as you pointed out, since the interface or package is different or has different components, there may be more or less bugs.

Thanks for actually answering my question, though, by saying the desktop version has fewer bugs. THAT'S what I was getting at. Cool
pizzamon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't implying anything about you personally, the idea just sounds like one of those rumors started by kids who think a virus is analogue, or a salesman trying to upgrade you to a more expensive version. The facts are that the desktop and keyboard virus's are the same build and same converters and sound the same. There is no physical way for them to sound different, and the algorithms are the same. In fact, the reason I got rid of my viruses was because they always sound the same...no matter what you do to them. There is no difference that I can tell between the blofelds either. It just comes down to the keyboard being a little more buggy currently, but that could all change with the next firmware update.
nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No offense taken, my friend. Cool

Hm, well, that's what I heard from a guy I trust at a place that has a reputation for not being pushy sales people. I guess it's really all subjective. Personally, I want the Virus TI keyboard anyway, but I'm one 61-key + one 48-key synth away from absolutely having to get everything else as a rack version. Out of space! Shocked
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: